Government shutdown

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

They are. DACA is a symptom of a larger problem. No Wall, no DACA.

Shutting down the government so we can treat Illegals better than we treat ourselves is a losing proposition.
If there's anything that "The Donald" hates its a "LOSER" - allowing DACA to expire is popular with only 16% of the population, and that's during an election year where every seat in the House and a 1/3 of the Senate is on the line!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Cryin' Chuck" should just sit back, let DACA expire, and force the Republicans, in their infinite wisdom, to dig themselves out of this political hole that they created!

Having the nation watch the arrest, incarceration and deportation of 800 000 "Dreamers" on the news stations 24/7 may win the support of 16% of American voters during an election year - but for the other 84%, not so much!

Agreed ... Schumer shouldn't have caved. Something about "you can't negotiate with terrorists" comes to mind or "you shouldn't pay ransom to a kidnapper". It's plain for everyone to see that this issue with DACA has nothing to do with national security and everything to do about Trump's (and everyone in the GOP who goes along with him) racism and his never ending obsession with Obama.

His hatred towards these young adults is despicable. It was never Trump's intention to allow them to stay.

fool

Hall of Fame
It's plain for everyone to see that this issue with DACA has nothing to do with national security.........
That's not plain at all.
How can 800,000 unauthorized people not be a security issue?
Which is a subset of 11,000,000 unauthorized people.
If you have 11 million unauthorized people in your country and you don't think you have a security issue then what do you think you have?

and everything to do about Trump's (and everyone in the GOP who goes along with him) racism and his never ending obsession with Obama.
Illegal is not a race.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's not plain at all.
How can 800,000 unauthorized people not be a security issue?
Which is a subset of 11,000,000 unauthorized people.
If you have 11 million unauthorized people in your country and you don't think you have a security issue then what do you think you have?

Illegal is not a race.
:thumb:

Greg Jennings

DACA-fitzsimmons.jpg

According to a CNN survey poll conducted last week, 84% of Americans want the "Dreamers" to remain, and that includes 72% support from the Republicans!

So to what "majority" is "patrick jane" referring, or is he once again merely walking in "The Donald's" footsteps - spouting "fake news" based on wishful thinking, with no basis in fact?

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/politics/cnn-poll-shutdown-trump-immigration-daca/index.html

Well I think that might've been when it was only supposed to be 800,000. Now it's up to 1.8 million. I am ok with letting it slide THIS ONCE, but I don't think illegals should in the future be allowed to cheat their way or their children's way ahead of immigrants waiting their turn legally

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well I think that might've been when it was only supposed to be 800,000. Now it's up to 1.8 million. I am ok with letting it slide THIS ONCE, but I don't think illegals should in the future be allowed to cheat their way or their children's way ahead of immigrants waiting their turn legally
But, but, but, there's no other way for dems to get new votes.