Good morning

runbunn.jpg

Morning, everyone. :wave2:

Is there a turtle way back in the distance somewhere? :eek:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ok, chrys,

I tried to make you happy by my participation but it seems I am not welcome by your participants.

thanks.

blessings.

zoo22

Hello everyone....got me thinking this, it's a long time since I heard a bun thump the ground, you know like they do when they hear you coming, if you're quick you'll see their buttes as they bolt. :)

They can thump their feet so hard they'll break their back. :plain:

I was reading some article pretty recently about their tails, and why they're white... They used to think it was to signal danger to other rabbits, but now they think it's to help them throw predators off. Even though it'd seem like a predator would be able to follow a white dot more easily than a completely camouflaged rabbit, the white dot slows them down, because as it appears and disappears as the rabbit darts around, the prey animal's eyes have to keep refocusing, and it loses track. Like a little flashlight going on and off randomly here and there in the dark would be harder to keep a steady focus on than just one solid color, even if the solid color was hard to see.

But the thump is to signal that somethings wrong, or sometimes let you know they're mad.

And these won't be daily lessons :plain: It's a one-off.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
They can thump their feet so hard they'll break their back. :plain:

I was reading some article pretty recently about their tails, and why they're white... They used to think it was to signal danger to other rabbits, but now they think it's to help them throw predators off. Even though it'd seem like a predator would be able to follow a white dot more easily than a completely camouflaged rabbit, the white dot slows them down, because as it appears and disappears as the rabbit darts around, the prey animal's eyes have to keep refocusing, and it loses track. Like a little flashlight going on and off randomly here and there in the dark would be harder to keep a steady focus on than just one solid color, even if the solid color was hard to see.

But the thump is to signal that somethings wrong, or sometimes let you know they're mad.

And these won't be daily lessons :plain: It's a one-off.

Or just an interesting chit chat :)

rainee

Forget everything sad that Zoo just said, bunnies are fragile, tis true but there other things to remember about them too. I put them and us in God's hands ultimately.

And here is some chitchat I hold in my heart:
Was walking down a dirt road one lovely mild afternoon in central Texas
and looking down a ways I saw a cloud of dust. It was moving about like it was alive so I wondered if it was a winds dust devil - but as I got a little closer two bunnies leapt from the cloud of dust and bounded away across the field. They were apparently bathing, true real dust bunnies!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
good morning

good morning

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya,
we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

1st call to breakfast for all of you out there

America's favorite breakfast club is on the air

bybee

“Good morning Breakfast Clubbers, good morning to ya,
we woke up bright and early just to howdy-do ya.”

1st call to breakfast for all of you out there

America's favorite breakfast club is on the air

Good morning Chrys and all of you wonderful Breakfast Clubbers!
I'm waiting for my coffee to finish brewing, then :think: maybe some cleaning is on the horizon.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Good morning Chrys and all of you wonderful Breakfast Clubbers!
I'm waiting for my coffee to finish brewing, then :think: maybe some cleaning is on the horizon.

Hi bybee, waiting on my coffee too, and trying to decide whether to start my walk before or after sunrise. :)