Going to the Movies: past, present, future.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes. But we have girls aged 7 and 3 years. I can also tell you about DCTC. Are you in the club?
No, he hasn't discovered that one yet. He's consumed by Duplo and traditional Lego. He's mastered the Marvel Superheroes game on the Ipad and Batman and Star Wars Lego on the Wii.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This article resurfaced a few years back. It was written in 1978.

Star-Wars-Article1-550x775.jpg

Watched the movie "Bad Words" starring Jason Bateman who also directed it. It's a very off-beat comedy about a national spelling bee. There are a lot of kids in the movie but I warn you the language, nudity and hand gestures are very adult. Good movie for adults, bad movie for anyone who shouldn't see an "R rated" movie. I'd rate it 3.5+ out of 5 stars.

Also watched the movie "City of Ember" about a community living underground for 200 years. I think the whole family could enjoy this, but it depends on your family. I don't remember anything offensive in the movie. I enjoyed as did my wife. 4 out 5 stars.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I watched an old Nicolas Cage film on youtube - Con Air.
When it was over, another movie came on right after it.
It was Taken 3 with Liam Neeson.

Pretty good.

I watched Citizen X about a serial killer in the Soviet Union / Russia based on a true events. The serial killings take place in the Soviet Union and then Russia. Steven Rea, Donald Sutherland and Max Von Sydow star. It's a very good movie on multiple levels. I'd rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

I just finished watching Witness for the Prosecution with my wife. It was her first time seeing the movie so I didn't spoil it for her. I've seen it several times.
The affable Leonard Vole (Tyrone Power) is being tried for the murder of a wealthy woman, and legendary lawyer Sir Wilfrid Robarts (Charles Laughton) has chosen to represent him. Unfortunately, Leonard's alibi depends on the testimony of his callous wife, Christine (Marlene Dietrich) -- who, after the discovery of a legal loophole, makes the shocking decision to appear in court against him. To Sir Wilfrid's surprise, this is only the first in a series of puzzling revelations and reversals.
As for rating, I'd rate it 5 out 5 stars. Billy Wilder did a first rate job of directing this Agatha Christie story.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I just finished watching Witness for the Prosecution with my wife. It was her first time seeing the movie so I didn't spoil it for her. I've seen it several times.
The affable Leonard Vole (Tyrone Power) is being tried for the murder of a wealthy woman, and legendary lawyer Sir Wilfrid Robarts (Charles Laughton) has chosen to represent him. Unfortunately, Leonard's alibi depends on the testimony of his callous wife, Christine (Marlene Dietrich) -- who, after the discovery of a legal loophole, makes the shocking decision to appear in court against him. To Sir Wilfrid's surprise, this is only the first in a series of puzzling revelations and reversals.
As for rating, I'd rate it 5 out 5 stars. Billy Wilder did a first rate job of directing this Agatha Christie story.
Dietrich is at the top of her game in this one. :)

Just finished watching Rush.
In the mid-1970s, charismatic English playboy James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Austrian perfectionist Niki Lauda (Daniel Brühl) share an intense rivalry in Formula 1 racing. Driving vehicles that are little more than gas-filled, rolling bombs, Hunt and Lauda burn up the track, all the while pushing themselves to the breaking point of physical and mental endurance. Meanwhile, the women (Olivia Wilde, Alexandra Maria Lara) in their lives can only watch as both drivers risk death with every lap.
I remember the times and the drivers. I liked the movie a lot, but it's not quite a 5-star movie. So I rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars. Highly recommended.