God made the wicked !

beloved57

Calvin also wrote this. It comes from chapter 1 of his Commentaries of the Epistles of Paul to the Romans.

Hmmmm.... That isn't what you guys are teaching. It's far from it.

Calvin also said this:

Notice Calvin says "refuse to be saved". Not created unable to be saved. You can only "refuse" that which is offered to you and that you are capable of accepting.

And then Paul tells us this:

Note that everyone is given the same measure of faith for "the" means there is only one measure of faith meted to all mankind.

Did Calvin write Prov 16:4 is what I asked. A simple yes or no.

clefty

Calvin also wrote this. It comes from chapter 1 of his Commentaries of the Epistles of Paul to the Romans.

Hmmmm.... That isn't what you guys are teaching. It's far from it.

Calvin also said this:

Notice Calvin says "refuse to be saved". Not created unable to be saved. You can only "refuse" that which is offered to you and that you are capable of accepting.

And then Paul tells us this:

Note that everyone is given the same measure of faith for "the" means there is only one measure of faith meted to all mankind.

Good ole Calvin...LOL

Could you imagine reading this from a TOL poster...LOL

"“It is indeed my duty to discharge the office committed to me, which is to preach the word; and it is your duty to hear the word and willingly to obey it; you will otherwise make void the vocation which the Lord has bestowed on me.”

and then he goes and monkeys with it all...

"because the Lord calls us by his gospel; we respond to his call by faith; as on the other hand, the chief act of disobedience to God is unbelief, I prefer rendering the sentence, “For the obedience of faith,” rather than, “In order that they may obey the faith;” for the last is not strictly correct, except taken figuratively, though it be found once in the Acts, vi. 7. Faith is properly that by which we obey the gospel"

"So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith." Acts 6:7...

I bet Mr Calvin prefered NOT rendering the sentence as "obey the faith"...LOL...I mean what faith are we to obey right? Buddhist? Islam? Hindu? Catholic? Protestant?

Good find...btw

Gary K

Banned
Did Calvin write Prov 16:4 is what I asked. A simple yes or no.

Typical of your posting. You'll deny what Calvin wrote by refusing to comment on it while claiming I should comment on your quote.

Did Calvin wrote what he wrote?

And is the following found in scripture?

Ezekiel 18:21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.
23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?
24 ¶But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, anddoeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.
25 ¶Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal?
26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.
27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.
28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
29 Yet saith the house of Israel, The way of the Lord is not equal. O house of Israel, are not my ways equal? are not your ways unequal?
30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord God. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
31 ¶Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Did God tell the Ezekiel a lie when He is saying the wicked can change their ways? Was God telling a lie by telling the wicked to turn from their wicked ways so they might live when it's impossible for He created them to be destroyed? You say the wicked cannot turn from their wickedness for God made sure they were born to be destroyed. Who's telling the truth. You or God? I'll stick with believing God.

By the way. Of course Calvin didn't write the Psalms, but you're mistaking Biblical forms of speech for what they are not. Did God tell Adam I created you so that I could kill the majority of your descendants? Where's your scripture for that? You make God into a bigger psychopath than Hitler, Stalin, and Mao combined.

clefty

Typical of your posting. You'll deny what Calvin wrote by refusing to comment on it while claiming I should comment on your quote.

Did God tell the Ezekiel a lie when He is saying the wicked can change their ways? Was God telling a lie by telling the wicked to turn from their wicked ways so they might live when it's impossible for He created them to be destroyed? You say the wicked cannot turn from their wickedness for God made sure they were born to be destroyed. Who's telling the truth. You or God? I'll stick with believing God.

By the way. Of course Calvin didn't write the Psalms, but you're mistaking Biblical forms of speech for what they are not. Did God tell Adam I created you so that I could kill the majority of your descendants? Where's your scripture for that? You make God into a bigger psychopath than Hitler, Stalin, and Mao combined.

yup...

in fact He punishes His own SO THEY CHANGE THEIR MINDS about disobeying...

Jer 11:8 Yet they obeyed not, nor inclined their ear, but walked every one in the imagination of their evil heart: therefore I will bring upon them all the words of this covenant, which I commanded them to do; but they did them not.

why command those ALREADY PROGRAMMED PRIOR TO DO AS THEY DO?

Jeremiah 7:24Yet they did not listen or pay attention, but they followed the stubborn inclinations of their own evil hearts. They went backward and not forward.

Why so suprised Yah if YOU CREATED THEM TO DO SO?

and look how it all starts...

Exodus 13:17 When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them along the road through the land of the Philistines, though it was shorter. For God said, If the people facewar,theymight change their mindsand returnto Egypt.” 18So God led the people around by the way of the wilderness toward the Red Sea. And the Israelites left the land of Egypt arrayed for battle...

So Yah takes them the long way around...just in case they do NOT do as they were PROGRAMMED TO DO or DETERMINED PRIOR TO DO or ELECTED TO DO...LOL​

beloved57

Why r u scared to answer yes or no? Did Calvin write Prov 16:4

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Gary K

Banned
Why r u scared to answer yes or no? Did Calvin write Prov 16:4

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

You answer my questions and I'll answer yours, even though in my mind I already answered you. My senior moment just got in the way of you understanding that.

I guess you're just afraid to answer.

See? Two can play that stupid game.

beloved57

You answer my questions and I'll answer yours, even though in my mind I already answered you. My senior moment just got in the way of you understanding that.

Well since you are scared this conversation is over!

clefty

LOL...did your senior moment include you meant to say Calvin did not write the Proverbs?

“By the way. Of course Calvin didn't write the Psalms, but you're mistaking Biblical forms of speech for what they are not. Did God tell Adam I created you so that I could kill the majority of your descendants? Where's your scripture for that? You make God into a bigger psychopath than Hitler, Stalin, and Mao combined.”

Because he is fixated on Proverbs 16:4 thinking Yah made evil people...instead of their evil doing for the day of doom...

Gary K

Banned
LOL...did your senior moment include you meant to say Calvin did not write the Proverbs?

“By the way. Of course Calvin didn't write the Psalms, but you're mistaking Biblical forms of speech for what they are not. Did God tell Adam I created you so that I could kill the majority of your descendants? Where's your scripture for that? You make God into a bigger psychopath than Hitler, Stalin, and Mao combined.”

Because he is fixated on Proverbs 16:4 thinking Yah made evil people...instead of their evil doing for the day of doom...

Yup. Beloved57 understood that too, but he also knew he couldn't defeat my scriptural reasoning, so he avoided answering my questions. That's why he said the conversation was over. He's interested in plausibility rather than truth. or he would never make the kind of arguments he makes. I reject arguments based upon plausibility rather than a search made for truth. Why? Because only truth gives us a solid footing in life, eternal life. Anything less is worthless. Why? Because Jesus is truth, and only our love relationship with Jesus, i.e. truth, brings us eternal life. There is no other route to life. Only through Jesus, i.e. truth, can we apprehend eternal life. Jesus said two things about this.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

We cannot know Jesus if we believe He is other than who He says, and proved through His life here, if we believe false testimony about Him. Why? Because false testimony about Him distorts who He is. If we believe that false testimony we don't know who the Father or the Son really are, and eternal life is based upon knowing who both individuals really are. Anything else is idolatry.

John 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.

What Jesus is in reality saying here is that if we observe the life and character of Jesus we will know who, exactly, the Father is. In other words, if we look at Christ's life we know and understand who the Father is. So, if we don't see psychopathic behavior in the life of Christ such as the desire to create with no other reason than to destroy we know that kind of behavior doesn't exist in the personality and character of the Father or the Son. To say that Jesus is not the outward manifestation of the Godhead, in character and behavior, is to deny the deity of Jesus. Both are fatal errors to make.

Now, anyone who claims that God is the kind of psychopath who loves to create just so he can destroy has to show that from the life of Jesus while here on this earth. The problem for that claim is that we see the opposite in the life of Jesus. He lived a life of self-sacrifice for the blessing of all people around Him. He showed no desire to destroy even the Sadducees and Pharisees. He poured out is life for even them. He offered himself for them. He said, Father forgive them for they know not what they do. And He cried over Jerusalem saying,
Luke 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under herwings, and ye would not!

And this is the person who created most people only to destroy them? That's such a divided mind that it could only be described as psychotic. And there is no way the Godhead is psychopathic.

beloved57

I will answer my own question since others avoid it. No Calvin didn't write Prov 16:4, it was written before Calvin was even thought about. God Himself inspired the writing of that scripture. To attribute it to Calvin is deceitful and sinful!

Nanja

I will answer my own question since others avoid it. No Calvin didn't write Prov 16:4, it was written before Calvin was even thought about. God Himself inspired the writing of that scripture. To attribute it to Calvin is deceitful and sinful!

Absolutely, and perfectly stated, Brother!

Prov. 16:4 is from the mouth of God Himself 2 Tim. 3:16!

Gary K

Banned
Absolutely, and perfectly stated, Brother!

Prov. 16:4 is from the mouth of God Himself 2 Tim. 3:16!

So you believe Jesus showed in His life and character that He was all about destroying most of His own creation? Let's see your scriptural references for such a belief. Also, Jesus is the "mouth" of God for through Him the Godhead has spoken as to who they are. He is the "word made flesh". So, let's see your scriptural proof that Jesus was a man who wanted to destroy those who didn't believe? Let's see your proof that Jesus didn't weep over the Jews because they would not believe?

Look at Jesus' word imagery. Hens have often been known to sacrifice their own lives for their chicks by gathering them under their wings when danger threatens. And Jesus said this about the Jews who had rejected messages of mercy and warning many times over the centuries, and were going to murder Him in just a few days. They refused to allow Him to save them. And once again, you cannot refuse that which is not freely offered to you.

Nanja

So you believe Jesus showed in His life and character that He was all about destroying most of His own creation? Let's see your scriptural references for such a belief. Also, Jesus is the "mouth" of God for through Him the Godhead has spoken as to who they are. He is the "word made flesh". So, let's see your scriptural proof that Jesus was a man who wanted to destroy those who didn't believe? Let's see your proof that Jesus didn't weep over the Jews because they would not believe?

Look at Jesus' word imagery. Hens have often been known to sacrifice their own lives for their chicks by gathering them under their wings when danger threatens. And Jesus said this about the Jews who had rejected messages of mercy and warning many times over the centuries, and were going to murder Him in just a few days. They refused to allow Him to save them. And once again, you cannot refuse that which is not freely offered to you.

From scripture, the Word of God, I understand and believe this:

God made the wicked for Himself in Wisdom and for a suitable Purpose in Christ Jesus!

For God, before the world began, Purposed that Christ would be slain by wicked hands Acts 2:23.

Gary K

Banned

God made the wicked for Himself in Wisdom and for a suitable Purpose in Christ Jesus!

For God, before the world began, Purposed that Christ would be slain by wicked hands Acts 2:23.

In other words, you cannot find anything in the life and character of Jesus that upholds your twisting of scripture. Thanks for your inadvertent acknowledgement the truth.

Nanja

In other words, you cannot find anything in the life and character of Jesus that upholds your twisting of scripture. Thanks for your inadvertent acknowledgement the truth.

No twisting of scripture at all, it's just that the devil, your father, has blinded your mind to the Truth !

2 Cor. 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

beloved57

What Jesus do you mean? Are you speaking of the one who died only for His Sheep? Jn 10:11,15? The one who is promised to save only His people from their sins ? Matt 1:21

beloved57

Amen Sister. And the wicked He made don't have a chance at Salvation. They are being reserved for the day of wrath job 21:30
That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Rev 6:16-17

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

beloved57

The Jesus in the scripture is also God, so He made the wicked for the day of evil! He made them vessels of wrath and fits them for everlasting destruction

2 Thess 1:9
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

clefty

The Jesus in the scripture is also God, so He made the wicked for the day of evil! He made them vessels of wrath and fits them for everlasting destruction

2 Thess 1:9
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Yes...”everlasting destruction”...notice its completion...a finished act...it is not an “everlasting destroyING”...

and so you don’t have to ignore two posts:

“Amen Sister. And the wicked He made don't have a chance at Salvation. They are being reserved for the day of wrath job 21:30
That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.“

You don’t even reply to your glee club what you claim to believe or claim is in scripture...

”They are being reserved for the day of wrath” is what you said as it is what is in scripture...

However you want it to say “He created wicked ones for the day of wrath”