God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You shall know them by their fruits. How true. Some just follow, others THINK.

Amen :)

Only 'God' is 'God'......as absolute....the sole singular source or all things and beings.....from which all are but extensions, rays, emenations.

Hence along with Jesus, we are offspring of one Universal Father.

God's Truth

Jesus is the Creator of all things.Col 1:16

You are NOT!

Jesus is the Creator of all things; and, the Bible says the Father is the creator of all things.

You ever think about that?

Deuteronomy 32:6 Is this the way you repay the LORD, you foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father, your Creator, who made you and formed you?

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is the Creator of all things; and, the Bible says the Father is the creator of all things.

You ever think about that?

Deuteronomy 32:6 Is this the way you repay the LORD, you foolish and unwise people? Is he not your Father, your Creator, who made you and formed you?
You're just as much of a pain as ever. Too bad you're back.

Jesus is God. Jesus is not His own Father.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not see the name Jesus in Col 1:16.
You love to add words, that why your in the dark.
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. - Colossians 1:15-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:15-18&version=NKJV

The entire paragraph is about the Son of God, unless you're trying to say that God is the image of the invisible God...

You love to read your beliefs into scripture, instead of letting scripture speak for itself, that's why YOU'RE in the dark.

Right Divider

Body part
I do not see the name Jesus in Col 1:16.
You love to add words, that why your in the dark.
So sorry for you, you ignorant heretic... That ENTIRE passage is about the LORD Jesus Christ

You think that it's JUMPING back and forth between the SON and the FATHER...

You are stupid.

And it's YOU'RE, you illiterate buffoon.

keypurr

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. - Colossians 1:15-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:15-18&version=NKJV

The entire paragraph is about the Son of God, unless you're trying to say that God is the image of the invisible God...

You love to read your beliefs into scripture, instead of letting scripture speak for itself, that's why YOU'RE in the dark.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

WHERE IS THE NAME JESUS?????

God is a spirit, he is invisible. Was Jesus invisible?

This Son did the creating for his God. Jesus was BORN into the world created by the Son.

Jesus is not the WORD in John 1:1, for the WORD was not flesh.

All power was GIVEN to Jesus, if he was God he would have had that power.

Your Biblegateway is full of garbage.

I assume I will now be unable to post on this thread also. Every time I bring up a point I seem to get cut out of the discussion. You and your group are not able to produce evidence that Jesus taught a three piece God. Jesus has a God, YHWH, there is only ONE TRUE GOD. Believe in Jesus Christ and what he preached, stop assuming and adding words to scripture and do yourself a favor don"t go the the error ridden biblegateway.

drbrumley

Trinity is not even mentioned.

:duh:

Just for your reference, neither is omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence. So unless you really believe that God is not none of the above, don't use your stupid argument presented above.

Lord, how I hate deceitfulness.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

WHERE IS THE NAME JESUS?????

Throughout the entire chapter, Keypurr. What, are you going blind now too?

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf,who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciledin the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily. - Colossians 1:1-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:1-29&version=NKJV

God is a spirit, he is invisible. Was Jesus invisible?

He was before He was incarnated, and while not appearing in a theophany/Christophany in the Old Testament.

This Son did the creating for his God. Jesus was BORN into the world created by the Son.

Jesus is not the WORD in John 1:1, for the WORD was not flesh.

All power was GIVEN to Jesus, if he was God he would have had that power.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. - Philippians 2:5-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:5-8&version=NKJV

Your Biblegateway is full of garbage.

You're saying a website that provides access to the Bible is garbage? Really?

We've been over this before, Keypurr. If you want to attack my use of the website version of the New King James, then you need to show that the version on the website is not accurate.

Unless you can do that, you need to stop attacking the tools, and start addressing the argument I'm making.

I assume I will now be unable to post on this thread also. Every time I bring up a point I seem to get cut out of the discussion. You and your group are not able to produce evidence that Jesus taught a three piece God. Jesus has a God, YHWH, there is only ONE TRUE GOD. Believe in Jesus Christ and what he preached, stop assuming and adding words to scripture and do yourself a favor don"t go the the error ridden biblegateway.

You get cut out for heresy, Keypurr, because you're a heretic old fool.

Again, you need to show that the Bible Gateway version of the NKJV is in error before telling me to stop using it. Otherwise you're just complaining and gnashing your dentures...

keypurr

Just for your reference, neither is omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence. So unless you really believe that God is not none of the above, don't use your stupid argument presented above.

Your words, not mine. The Son in Col 1 is far more than just the human body of Jesus.

If you hate deceitfulness how can you believe that it is OK to add to the words of scripture.

JR does that all the time to deceive folks to believe his traditional thoughts.

Prove all things if you can, he can't.

drbrumley

Your words, not mine. The Son in Col 1 is far more than just the human body of Jesus.

If you hate deceitfulness how can you believe that it is OK to add to the words of scripture.

JR does that all the time to deceive folks to believe his traditional thoughts.

Prove all things if you can, he can't.

Way to evade the point!

Here's an idea KeyPurr….how about you address what I SAID, and not talk about another poster who is more than able to defend himself.

keypurr

So sorry for you, you ignorant heretic... That ENTIRE passage is about the LORD Jesus Christ

You think that it's JUMPING back and forth between the SON and the FATHER...

You are stupid.

And it's YOU'RE, you illiterate buffoon.

Nope its not, its about the logos. Your the uneducated one when it comes to theology.

Does Sherman approve of your name calling? As I posted before, you will know them by their fruits.

keypurr

Throughout the entire chapter, Keypurr. What, are you going blind now too?

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf,who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciledin the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily. - Colossians 1:1-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:1-29&version=NKJV

He was before He was incarnated, and while not appearing in a theophany/Christophany in the Old Testament.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. - Philippians 2:5-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians2:5-8&version=NKJV

You're saying a website that provides access to the Bible is garbage? Really?

We've been over this before, Keypurr. If you want to attack my use of the website version of the New King James, then you need to show that the version on the website is not accurate.

Unless you can do that, you need to stop attacking the tools, and start addressing the argument I'm making.

You get cut out for heresy, Keypurr, because you're a heretic old fool.

Again, you need to show that the Bible Gateway version of the NKJV is in error before telling me to stop using it. Otherwise you're just complaining and gnashing your dentures...

Dribble from one who is still in the dark.

Jesus is Lord NOT God. You fail to see that. Jesus is a man, not a god. The LOGOS is a form off God who was given the fullness of the Father. The logos came down with the dove. Jesus is not the creator of the Universe. You think very shallow JR. Use the mind that God gave you to come to the light. think in the spirit.

I do not think the NKJV is any worse than the rest of the Greek Bibles. I even question the AENT in place, so I look my collection of translations to formulate my opinion.

Stop adding words to scripture, stop assuming and think deeper. Your not going forward in truth.

drbrumley

Jesus is Lord NOT God. You fail to see that. Jesus is a man, not a god. The LOGOS is a form off God who was given the fullness of the Father. The logos came down with the dove. Jesus is not the creator of the Universe. You think very shallow JR. Use the mind that God gave you to come to the light. think in the spirit.

I do not think the NKJV is any worse than the rest of the Greek Bibles. I even question the AENT in place, so I look my collection of translations to formulate my opinion.

Stop adding words to scripture, stop assuming and think deeper. Your not going forward in truth.

Where is the body (the human body) that got resurrected out of the tomb NOW?

keypurr

Way to evade the point!

Here's an idea KeyPurr….how about you address what I SAID, and not talk about another poster who is more than able to defend himself.

Your is not what the post is all about.

If that poster can defend himself let him show it.

keypurr

The word your overlooking is the word "in". What was IN Jesus Christ, what made Jesus the Christ.

Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. - Philippians 2:5-8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

See every word not just the words you want to see.

drbrumley

Your is not what the post is all about.

If that poster can defend himself let him show it.

But it is....as it was not talking about any current discussion on this thread.

So I will post it again, maybe you can address this time.

Trinity is not even mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.