ECT God does NOT grant eternal life

TweetyBird

Yes, Of course

Matthew 4:1-11 New King James Version (NKJV)

Satan Tempts Jesus
4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. 2 And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. 3 Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”

4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”[a]

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’
and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”
7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’”[c]

8 Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. 9 And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.”

10 Then Jesus said to him, “Away with you,[d] Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[e]

11 Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Jesus is God. How can He be tempted to bow down to satan? Not even true believers can be tempted to bow down to satan. scheesh .... :sheep:

Jesus was TESTED by satan. satan needed to be convinced that Jesus was the Son of God. NONE of what satan demanded of Jesus was a temptation for Jesus. Jesus was being tested, put to the test by satan. Read carefully the account. Jesus is not going to throw Himself off the Temple to get angels to save Him, or think that by bowing down to satan He was going to get all the kingdoms of the world. Use your brain.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is God. How can He be tempted to bow down to satan? Not even true believers can be tempted to bow down to satan. scheesh .... :sheep:

Jesus was TESTED by satan. satan needed to be convinced that Jesus was the Son of God. NONE of what satan demanded of Jesus was a temptation for Jesus. Jesus was being tested, put to the test by satan. Read carefully the account. Jesus is not going to throw Himself off the Temple to get angels to save Him, or think that by bowing down to satan He was going to get all the kingdoms of the world. Use your brain.

Sorry you do not understand the text. Jesus was tempted! Matthew 4:1 says so

Matthew 4:1New King James Version (NKJV)

Satan Tempts Jesus
4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Cross Reference

Jesus was left alone by God and yet Jesus was God? Care to explain how that can be, especially when He threw back at Satan nothing but the written word?

TweetyBird

Sorry you do not understand the text. Jesus was tempted! Matthew 4:1 says so

Matthew 4:1New King James Version (NKJV)

Satan Tempts Jesus
4 Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

Tested.

Jesus cannot be tempted to sin or give in to the devil. He is God. Even we as believers cannot be tempted to worship satan or throw ourselves in front of bus just to prove to satan we belong to God. Deal with the text honestly instead of parroting misinformation just because someone taught you wrong.

G3985
πειράζω
peirazō
pi-rad'-zo
From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tested.

Jesus cannot be tempted to sin or give in to the devil. He is God. Even we as believers cannot be tempted to worship satan or throw ourselves in front of bus just to prove to satan we belong to God. Deal with the text honestly instead of parroting misinformation just because someone taught you wrong.

G3985
πειράζω
peirazō
pi-rad'-zo
From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: - assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

Guess you are just stubborn. The text says tempted. End of story.

TweetyBird

Jesus was left alone by God and yet Jesus was God? Care to explain how that can be, especially when He threw back at Satan nothing but the written word?

Where does the text say that Jesus was left alone by God in the desert? Why wouldn't Jesus "throw back" at satan the written word? Jesus wrote it!!!!

Rosenritter

Do you think Jesus, who is the Lord of Heaven and Earth, and King of all the earth was tempted to bow down to satan?
I think Satan attempted to tempt him with that offer, I don't think that Jesus was seriously tempted. I think Satan would try anything, including asking God to surrender to him, because it isn't like he has viable options to win.

TweetyBird

I think Satan attempted to tempt him with that offer, I don't think that Jesus was seriously tempted. I think Satan would try anything, including asking God to surrender to him, because it isn't like he has viable options to win.

I think that is similar to what I think the text is saying. satan was pushing Jesus to see how far he could go by poking at Him. satan got it thrown in his face right quick, though. That is why he left for a more "opportune time". And my opinion it was through the religious leaders who tried to test Jesus further, ended up hating Him, calling him Beelzebub, tried to stone Him, and plotted His death.

Cross Reference

Where does the text say that Jesus was left alone by God in the desert? Why wouldn't Jesus "throw back" at satan the written word? Jesus wrote it!!!!

"Then the devil departed from Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him." Matthew 4:11 (AMP)

Why wouldn't Jesus "throw back" at satan the written word? Jesus wrote it!!!!

Yes and it is implied that if the Christian who loves God knows the written word as Jesus did, he will not be misled by his flesh when tempted/tested/proven. In other words, Jesus KNEW the scriptural/Spiritual ground He stood on that won the day for Him.

BTW, what did Abraham use to rebuke his flesh when put to the test by God re Isaac? And what did God reveal to Him as the result?

Answer that correctly and you will uderstand why Abraham is called the father of faith for all those who believe in Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How? By what means? Are we able to do greater works than Jesus?

John 14:12: "Most assuredly I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also and greater works than these he will do because I go to My Father."
You know some folks that have done greater works than Jesus?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Because you don't understand what I wrote it is therefore, gibberish??

Which part? Or should I ask, which sentence?
It isn't my job to read your mind. If you can't articulate whatever convoluted point you're trying to make then how is that my problem.

Just the statement that God does not grant eternal life is patently stupid on the face of it! I can't imagine what processed me to think you'd be able to have an intelligent - two-way conversation.

I've attempted to get you to make sense and would still like for you to do so but I'm not going to hold your hand. I made a fully substantive response to your opening post and you responded with a parade of single sentences that I then said twice made no sense and asked you specifically what you meant and you ignored the question and chose instead to ramble on about what I can only surmise is your attempt to repeat your point instead of addressing my objections or answering my questions.

Eternally alive in Him,
Clete

TweetyBird

"Then the devil departed from Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him." Matthew 4:11 (AMP)

What is your point?

Yes and it is implied that if the Christian who loves God knows the written word as Jesus did, he will not be misled by his flesh when tempted/tested/proven. In other words, Jesus KNEW the scriptural/Spiritual ground He stood on that won the day for Him.

Jesus "won" before He even went into the desert!

BTW, what did Abraham use to rebuke his flesh when put to the test by God re Isaac? And what did God reveal to Him as the result?

Answer that correctly and you will uderstand why Abraham is called the father of faith for all those who believe in Christ.

What does this have to do with the Testing of Jesus Christ by satan?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You know some folks that have done greater works than Jesus?

Aren't we? We have much greater tools available to us than what Jesus had, the internet being an example. I suspect TOL has reached more people than Jesus ever spoke to as a man.

Also, TV is worldwide.

Revelation 11:9: "Then those from the peoples, tribes, tongues, and nations will see their dead bodies three-and-a-half days, and not allow their dead bodies to be put into graves."

Cross Reference

What is your point?

My point is he was left ALL ALONE. I gave you proof that HE was.

Jesus "won" before He even went into the desert!

Then why the test?

What does this have to do with the Testing of Jesus Christ by satan?

For the same reason Abraham was tested. The same reason Adam was tested. The same reason Moses was tested. Read for understanding why? God isn't going to just hand over His kingdom to untried and tested souls to see them fail along with His plans. Only "the violent IN Him will take it by force". Even the children of Israel had to be proven before God would allow them entry into the promise land that He would defend for them IF they obeyed Him.

Do yousus was left alone by God and yet Jesus was God? Care to explain how that can be, especially when He threw back at Satan nothing but the written word?

Care to explain how Jesus can be tempted and God cannot be?