"Give Your Life to Jesus"

God's Truth

Did you believe the Gospel according to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4?

Here is Paul's gospel plain and clear.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

God's Truth

I know I'm way late to the party, here (on this thread), but I think the idea of "giving one's self to God" is a very effective conceptual way of letting go of our own natural selfishness and self-centered fear that we won't get what we need and want, or that we aren't good enough or deserving enough to get what we need and want.

This practice of turning that fear and selfishness over to God is a pathway to "salvation" in the sense that it helps save us from ourselves. Which is something most of us could use some saving from, most of the time.

It does not matter how late one is in the discussion. I start late in many of the discussions, and I hope that I am a welcome member.

I can agree with what you said. What you said is really significant. I know before I was saved, I did not think that God would even want me as a child of His. You hit on something very relevant, at least in my life.

However, I do not see it as selfishness; and, I do not see the fear of God as something to get rid of.

However, I think that you have hit on something major, at least in my search, before I was saved.

God's Truth

So do that...

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

I am not an apostle.

Do you want knowledge? I can tell you how to get it, how to get it in a miraculous way.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Gospel is supposed to be the word of Jesus.
Just who do you think gave Paul the gospel of Christ? Galatians 1:11-12 KJV?

Jesus is the Lord, not anyone else.
No one here says otherwise.

Jesus taught perfectly what we need to know about His Salvation.
The gospel of our salvation was a mystery and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

Remember Jesus says "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Matthew 10:23 KJV

This commission was given before Paul joined which you continually dismiss.
Paul was given the gospel that is the power of God to save you which you continually dismiss (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

God's Truth

Anymore?

You do realize that no women were ever circumcised, right?

Women were just as responsible as the men in that category. Women had to make sure their male babies were circumcised. Remember Moses and his wife. Moses wasn't going to circumcise his son, so his wife did it. Proof that it was the woman's responsibility too.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anymore?

Women were just as responsible as the men in that category. Women had to make sure their male babies were circumcised. Remember Moses and his wife. Moses wasn't going to circumcise his son, so his wife did it. Proof that it was the woman's responsibility too.
Umm, I'll ask again.

glorydaz

The words IF YOU OBEY tells you that Jesus was preaching the LAW before He went to the Cross. Paul tells you in Romans 5:19, that it's through the OBEDIENCE OF ONE (The Lord Jesus Christ).

The Bible says Moses gave us the law and Jesus came with grace and truth.

Moses did give us the Law and the Lord preached it when He came in the flesh. "If you obey" is that law.

Grace and Truth is what the Risen and Ascended Lord brought and revealed to Paul.....the "obedience of ONE" which makes us righteous. Which is what we receive when we believe the gospel of the GRACE of God, and hear the WORD OF TRUTH...the gospel of salvation.

Acts 20:24
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,​

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Just who do you think gave Paul the gospel of Christ? Galatians 1:11-12 KJV?

No one here says otherwise.

The gospel of our salvation was a mystery and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

Matthew 10:23 KJV

Paul was given the gospel that is the power of God to save you which you continually dismiss (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

Excellent post Heir. Meshak understands very little, if anything.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Our selfish way is mostly about ego or pride. Jesus says to give up our worldly way of living. He says "come to Me who are weary because my burden is light. I will give you rest."

Most of us are so busy chasing after worldly success and making ourselves weary, pressuring ourselves to compete with the world.

Are you feverishly chasing after worldly success? You spend most of your time on TOL and the rest of your time searching for that hat of yours.