Free Will

beloved57

Why can't any of these Calvinist explain Jos 24:15 which says choose you this day who you will follow ?

Jos 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Yes Joshua made a choice !

The bible does not consist of one or two verses and when your whole belief system is based on one or two verses you probably missed the target.
Where did that scripture say that man has a freewill?

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Why can't any of these Arminians explain Acts 13:48 which says that those appointed to eternal life, then believed? Belief did not come before being appointed or chosen. The verse does not say every human on earth as being appointed.

Because you're not reading context. Paul had preached a message of salvation to the Jews one week prior to the point which that verse was written about, then the following week, the Gentiles wanted to hear that message, and so Paul began preaching to the gentiles, "appointing them to eternal life"...*Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed. - Acts 13:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts13:48&version=NKJV

They weren't appointed by God before God created the earth, they were appointed by Paul when he preached the message to them, and those who received the message believed.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Where did that scripture say that man has a freewill?

Will someone give B57 these two verses?

*I will freely sacrifice to You;I will praise Your name, O Lord, for it is good. - Psalm 54:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm54:6&version=NKJV

*Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord,And teach me Your judgments. - Psalm 119:108 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm119:108&version=NKJV

God's Truth

God says that He wants all to be saved.

Ezekiel 18:23
"Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

Ezekiel 33:11
"Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'

beloved57

God says that He wants all to be saved.

Ezekiel 18:23
"Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

Ezekiel 33:11
"Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'
False teaching and handling the word deceitfully!

beloved57

I have read enough of your posts to know that you do not have a clear understanding of God's word on this subject. Your position has made God's commandments meaningless because your tradition rejects God's commandments.

Then you know what I believe !

blackbirdking

All mankind fell and never had the super free will to get back from where they fell from.

Man doesn't need a super free will; he needs grace.

Romans 5:20-21
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Just ask yourself where did sin abound; then you'll know where grace abounded more.

ttruscott

So when one is saved it just happens to them. Then they can't choose?
Then?? Before the grace is given to them they can't choose, no. Before they became sinners they could choose. No one is condemned as a sinner by the act of another. To sin is to break the law and to break a law there must be mens rea, the intent to break the law. Without that intent you don't break the law even if your actions look like you do such as picking up a pile of your books off the library table and inadvertently taking someone else's book also...no law against stealing was broken.

ONLY by a free will choice to break the law with full mens rea can anyone be guilty of a damnable offence.

Then explain Romans 5:19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.
the word made in "the many were made sinners" can and should be interpreted to mean to show oneself to be...by being put in Adam's line, that is, by making us human, we were shown to be sinners, proven to be sinners already. Making us a dog or a tree did not show us sinners, only our humanness shows us to be already sinners. Rom 5:12 tells us clearly that we inherited Adam's death because we were already sinners, so that Christ need only die one death for all.

And please explain:
Numbers 15:28 'The priest shall make atonement before the LORD for the person who goes astray when he sins unintentionally, making atonement for him that he may be forgiven.
Very good...few dig so deep or follow a thought so well. No one will go to hell by accident. But to forestall Satan standing up at the judgement and claiming "I saw him do that and I demand he be condemned for it. It is the law!" YHWH provided this out with the inadvertent sacrifice which was covered also by Christ.

So we're born sinless, we choose to sin, loose are ability to choose, and we're saved against our will if we're chosen; sweet. Do we get our choose-ability back again? Is everybody saved?
I see you have little idea of my approach to our becoming sinners. I'll take it one phrase at a time.

So we're born sinless - far from it. Only sinners are born on earth. But we got our sinful nature by a free will decision to reject GOD not because of something Adam did. IF I am a sinner by being in Adam's line and for no other reason then GOD is to blame for making me a human in Adam. HE did not make Adam like that so why me? GOD is light in whom is no darkness at all so I will not accept that HE created me evil for any reason by any means unless I see a match lit and darkness flowing from it putting out all the light it can reach.

we choose to sin, - we chose to sin in the time pre-earth just after the fall of Satan. Job says the sons of GOD, not angels, sang at the creation of the world so what proof is there we could not have been there? Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall RETURN to Sheol … Kiel - Delitzsch(#16) - Yea, back to Hades must the wicked RETURN... How can they return to where they never were if they were created here on earth?

loose are ability to choose - we lost our ability to choose by a free will when we chose by our free will to rebel against GOD and became enslaved to the addictive power of sin. Then we brought that addiction with us when Christ sowed us into the world as His good but sinful seed, the sinful people of the kingdom, Matt 13: 37-38 wherein sown cannot mean created because the devil does it too.

we're saved against our will if we're chosen - indeed. Being addicted to sin means we have no inclination nor desire nor ability to save ourselves. All salvation is against our will and that's why it is by grace, not works. When HE asked us in Sheol to choose to accept HIM as our GOD or not and to accept HIS promise for election to be HIS future heavenly Bride, or not, those who did accept HIS offer were indeed chosen to be HIS bride under the promise of salvation by HIS Son should we ever sin in the future. Those who accepted HIM became HIS elect. Those who rejected HIM as a false god and the promise of election and salvation as the lies of a false god became the demons, condemned already for not putting their faith in HIS name.

Do we get our choose-ability back again - we regain our free will by our rebirth: Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. This verse says we are free and since the only loss of freedom we have is as slaves to sin, I suggest this is the regaining of our free will since we are encouraged to use that free will to serve in love and not to indulge in the flesh. This being able to choose is not left to chance but is trained into righteousness so we will only choose what is right by our free will once we have been painfully disciplined, Heb 12:5-11.

Is everybody saved? - No of course not. Some put themselves outside of HIS grace and salvation by their free will choice to reject that. And if their decison was to be worth anything at all it had to be sacrosanct, inviolable or HIS claiming it was free was a lie. Knowing that if HE ever proved HE was our GOD that they were damned to hell, they chose to believe HE was a false god and the first (therefore the worst) liar and sinner in reality because it was better to be in hell than it was to take the chance on being married to HIM for ever. This was the Satanic rebellion and they are sown into the world and called tares, the people of the evil one, sown into human kind by the devil, aka goats, demons and reprobates...illegitimate children who are not real children at all who will end in the fire prepared for them.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Why can't any of these Calvinist explain Jos 24:15 which says choose you this day who you will follow ?

Jos 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Yes Joshua made a choice !

The bible does not consist of one or two verses and when your whole belief system is based on one or two verses you probably missed the target.
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that*were*on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Reactions: Lon

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Because you're not reading context. Paul had preached a message of salvation to the Jews one week prior to the point which that verse was written about, then the following week, the Gentiles wanted to hear that message, and so Paul began preaching to the gentiles, "appointing them to eternal life"...*Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed. - Acts 13:48 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts13:48&version=NKJV

They weren't appointed by God before God created the earth, they were appointed by Paul when he preached the message to them, and those who received the message believed.
Therefore either all were not appointed to everlasting life, or either all believed, but because all did not believe, it follows that certain ones were ordained: and therefore God did not only foreknow, but also foreordained, that neither faith nor the effects of faith should be the cause of his ordaining, or appointment, but his ordaining the cause of faith.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Man doesn't need a super free will; he needs grace.

Romans 5:20-21
Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Just ask yourself where did sin abound; then you'll know where grace abounded more.
17757367_1653308744975623_4120874657793648476_n.jpg

dodge

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that*were*on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Exactly Joshua chose to follow and serve God and some chose to continue to follow and serve false god's. YOU completely ignored that Joshua told them to choose and he himself made a choice.