Free Will

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Note they fell because of free will. Free will continues despite any assumed change in nature. One does not need 'super-will' to choose to change, since repentance can be had by anyone sincere enough to change their mind for the better.

Where does this said sincerity come from?

A liberal who never heard of intervention.

You're quite the enigma, aint yuh?

It appears alot of folks are 'stuck' on the "original sin" and "Fall" concept....and because of their limiting belief-system....cant get up :crackup:

Many do limit the scope of God.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Where does this said sincerity come from?

A liberal who never heard of intervention.

You're quite the enigma, aint yuh?

A sincerity is a true willing, intention to change one's mind, repent. Repentance is possible, that's my observation, no matter how you define 'sincerity'.

Many do limit the scope of God.

Yes,....this is not possible in reality for a BEING that is INFINITE.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Waiting........

;)

All things come from or are allowed by God...that includes sincerity, freedom to choose, will, intention. Nowhwere have I ever denied that all comes by God's grace, within divine providence, if that was what you were fishing for ;)

If you want to call it 'intervention', so be it.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
;)

All things come from or are allowed by God...that includes sincerity, freedom to choose, will, intention. Nowhwere have I ever denied that all comes by God's grace, within divine providence, if that was what you were fishing for ;)

If you want to call it 'intervention', so be it.

Not what your calling it though is it?

Nanja

Wrong again:

Jhn 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

The "them" which believed on His Name had been Born of God!

Faith / Belief is a fruit of the Spirit Given John 3:27 in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

But the believing an unregenerate person does is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8; Eph. 2:8-9.

It's a work, Greek; ergon:

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

dodge

You have a problem with reading. Not one word about man having a freewill!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

I have no problem reading it is pretty simple if you do not receive Him He will not give you the power to become a son of God.

I guess "they received him" in your opinion they were MADE to receive Him !

The "even to those that believe" on Him was their choice some believe and some do not it is their choice.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

dodge

The "them" which believed on His Name had been Born of God!

Faith / Belief is a fruit of the Spirit Given John 3:27 in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

But the believing an unregenerate person does is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8; Eph. 2:8-9.

It's a work, Greek; ergon:

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

The verse does NOT say that. The verse says they received Him and then He gave them power to become the sons of God.

beloved57

I have no problem reading it is pretty simple if you do not receive Him He will not give you the power to become a son of God.

I guess "they received him" in your opinion they were MADE to receive Him !

The "even to those that believe" on Him was their choice some believe and some do not it is their choice.

You do have a problem with reading, nothing about men having or have been given a freewill!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The verse does NOT say that. The verse says they received Him and then He gave them power to become the sons of God.

Not so fast.

Mathew 16

When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 16:17

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

beloved57

I have yet to see a scripture stating that man has or was ever given a freewill. This is a myth by carnal prideful men !

Nanja

Before a person is Born of God their own believing and receiving Him cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So the ones who received Him were already born of God that's why they believed on His name, because Faith / Belief is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Why can't any of these Arminians explain Acts 13:48 which says that those appointed to eternal life, then believed? Belief did not come before being appointed or chosen. The verse does not say every human on earth as being appointed.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I have yet to see a scripture stating that man has or was ever given a freewill. This is a myth by carnal prideful men !

Will someone give B57 these two verses?

*I will freely sacrifice to You;I will praise Your name, O Lord, for it is good. - Psalm 54:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm54:6&version=NKJV

*Accept, I pray, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord,And teach me Your judgments. - Psalm 119:108 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm119:108&version=NKJV

dodge

Why can't any of these Arminians explain Acts 13:48 which says that those appointed to eternal life, then believed? Belief did not come before being appointed or chosen. The verse does not say every human on earth as being appointed.

Why can't any of these Calvinist explain Jos 24:15 which says choose you this day who you will follow ?

Jos 24:15
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Yes Joshua made a choice !

The bible does not consist of one or two verses and when your whole belief system is based on one or two verses you probably missed the target.