Free Will

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Choose life, that you may live......pretty clear eh?

Choose life, that you may live......pretty clear eh?

You believe in a god who creates a reality and then wipes his hands clean when it goes rogue. That's the bottom line- you try and say that it is righteous to create something in which you know will be disastrous- in order to condemn the notion that all is predestined according to His will.

Supreme intellectual sin is all that amounts to. 'Free will' is a narcotic that you all cannot get off of, and Calvin blasted you all for it :)

Remember my last commentary to you here on the infinity of LOVE :) - I think since 'God' IS love,..its fundamental to understand, even KNOW God as love. - What is Love's will? This is most important, for the character of Deity DIRECTS his actions,...which serve to bring to pass his will. What is Love's will? What is Love's will for one and all? - remember, the Father's love is impartial, it extends to all creation, all living beings.

~*~*~

I was curious if you've given Arminius and his points of doctrine (here I mean classical Arminianism and its 5 main points) some consideration, in response or positive reaction towards Calvins? I tend to side with Arminianism much more on a few main points, but also have my own areas of difference and some areas still researching to discover more about. As we compare, correlate and consider, we grow in learning as students of truth. - Arminianism Explained :thumb:

It would appear Arminianism is more in line with 'compatibilism' within free will discussion studies,...so it acknowledges a true measure of man's freedom and responsibility in all his actions and responses to God's grace and calling.

As you may know,...Calvinism and Arminianism represent 2 main schools of thought prevailing in most of the population of Christianity, covering much of the scope of views on 'free will', 'divine providence', 'destiny'...with variations inbetween. I would think you'd have more room to continue your research with an open heart and mind :)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Isaiah 5 also goes completely against the idea of "predestination."

Why would God expect to get one thing, and then get something else?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TheologyOnline mobile app

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
The reason why Reformed doctrine is superior is because it acknowledges the myriads of verses in the Bible that reveal God's sovereignty, election, predestination, and foreknowledge.

From Genesis to Revelation, Calvinism is stretched throughout. But you all find the few verses in the Bible that speak of free will and try to conform the entirety of scriptures to it.

You all are drunk on free will- free will is your god :wave:
I don't drink

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Remember my last commentary to you here on the infinity of LOVE :) - I think since 'God' IS love,..its fundamental to understand, even KNOW God as love. - What is Love's will? This is most important, for the character of Deity DIRECTS his actions,...which serve to bring to pass his will. What is Love's will? What is Love's will for one and all? - remember, the Father's love is impartial, it extends to all creation, all living beings.

~*~*~

I was curious if you've given Arminius and his points of doctrine (here I mean classical Arminianism and its 5 main points) some consideration, in response or positive reaction towards Calvins? I tend to side with Arminianism much more on a few main points, but also have my own areas of difference and some areas still researching to discover more about. As we compare, correlate and consider, we grow in learning as students of truth. - Arminianism Explained :thumb:

It would appear Arminianism is more in line with 'compatibilism' within free will discussion studies,...so it acknowledges a true measure of man's freedom and responsibility in all his actions and responses to God's grace and calling.

As you may know,...Calvinism and Arminianism represent 2 main schools of thought prevailing in most of the population of Christianity, covering much of the scope of views on 'free will', 'divine providence', 'destiny'...with variations inbetween. I would think you'd have more room to continue your research with an open heart and mind :)

I 'm not for Arminianism in any sense, because Arminius was a student of Calvinism and his theology is just a mirrored response to what he learned.

It's like learning something from your professor in college and then going back and telling them they are wrong, based on an arbitrary dislike or disfavor- Calvin died four years after Arminius' birth and the Reformation had long established it's roots, why should a proper Protestant consider the thousands of denominations that followed all because people want to be obsessed with free will?

That's what pretty much everyone fails to realize- the fact that 'free will' is inherently denominating and like a narcotic people can't get off of- as I said before, they are all 'free willians' before the are 'Christians'. Their free will is required to accept God, and that is why they are all scattered and looking foolish because it's all about their own selves.