Free will is simply....

Truster

Sometimes it is just not going to work out that way. What I said was true.

Also, the first Christians were not Romans, and later, the Roman Optimates, who feared the German tribes used Christianity to control a more powerful enemy. This was when Christianity became a means of social control.

Apparently you can't be placed on ignore, but I can and will ignore you.

Truster

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the irreverent, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful".

Truster

"Instead, you have exalted yourself against the Lord of the heavens. The vessels from his house were brought to you, and as you and your nobles, wives, and concubines drank wine from them, you praised the gods made of silver and gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone, which do not see or hear or understand. But you have not glorified the God who holds your life-breath in his hand and who controls the whole course of your life.

...and who controls the whole course of your life.

Truster

Instead, you turned against him and ordered the cups from his temple to be brought here, so that you and your wives and officials could drink wine from them. You praised idols made of silver, gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone, even though they cannot see or hear or think. You refused to worship the God who gives you breath and controls everything you do.

...who gives you breath and controls everything you do.

Truster

"Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world for us to be holy and blameless before Him, in love having predetermined us for divine sonship as sons to Himself through Yah Shua, according to the good pleasure of His will". Eph 1:4,5

This illustrates a preceding choice with a witness, and a will to chose indeed. Notice, the choice is all of Elohim, His will exercised in choice, and was determined before the foundation of the world, before the creation of Adam and before the existence of the Fall.

Where is the will of man in that?

Truster

"...in Him, in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predetermined according to the purpose of the One working all things according to the counsel of His will".

There are those who would prefer those last few words to read: according to the counsel of their own free will.

Last edited:

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Ecclesia is a singular transliterated noun and refers to the congregation of Messianists and corresponds to the Hebrew word congregation.
Right, and the English is 'Church,' and always has been. The English for members of the Church are 'Christians.'
Ecclesia means a congregation or assembly of people that have been called out. Called out of darkness into light and called out of death unto life.

It hasn't happened to you or you would love the truth instead of opposing it.
Turns out it has, and I do love the truth, and don't oppose it.
"...and upon this rock I shall build my ecclesia..."
Latin used to be the language of the Mass, and in Latin, the Church is known as the 'Ecclesia.'

Idolater

"...in Him, in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predetermined according to the purpose of the One working all things according to the counsel of His will".

There are those who would prefer those last few words to read: according to the counsel of their own free will.
You just have a problem with false dichotomies. There isn't any real reason to not accept both God's exhaustive definite power of His creation, including man, and man's free will.

I repeat again, if you don't believe in free will, are you therefore also saying that rapists and murderers ought not be sentenced for their rapes and murders?

Truster

Right, and the English is 'Church,' and always has been. The English for members of the Church are 'Christians.'
Turns out it has, and I do love the truth, and don't oppose it.
Latin used to be the language of the Mass, and in Latin, the Church is known as the 'Ecclesia.'

There was and is no comparative word for ecclesia in English.

You can't even hear the truth let alone love it.

I don't need a lesson in Latin from you.

Truster

You just have a problem with false dichotomies. There isn't any real reason to not accept both God's exhaustive definite power of His creation, including man, and man's free will.

I repeat again, if you don't believe in free will, are you therefore also saying that rapists and murderers ought not be sentenced for their rapes and murders?

I have given you the facts. I can't give you the spiritual ability to comprehend the facts. Everything you know has been taught you by flesh and blood.

Truster

PS a rapist is not free as he or she is subject to uncontrollable lust. A murderer is subject hatred, vengeance or blind rage.

Idolater

PS a rapist is not free as he or she is subject to uncontrollable lust. A murderer is subject hatred, vengeance or blind rage.
So then it is unjust for them to be sentenced to death, or to prison, for their rapes and murders. According to you, and your insistence that free will is fictional, that is. Agreed?

Truster

So then it is unjust for them to be sentenced to death, or to prison, for their rapes and murders. According to you, and your insistence that free will is fictional, that is. Agreed?

I didn't say that it was unjust and I have never insinuated that it is. Your thinking is of the flesh.You can never understand the spiritual while you are in that state.

"The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of Elohim, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned." (Corinthians.)

genuineoriginal

"Instead, you have exalted yourself against the Lord of the heavens. The vessels from his house were brought to you, and as you and your nobles, wives, and concubines drank wine from them, you praised the gods made of silver and gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone, which do not see or hear or understand. But you have not glorified the God who holds your life-breath in his hand and who controls the whole course of your life.

...and who controls the whole course of your life.

Instead, you turned against him and ordered the cups from his temple to be brought here, so that you and your wives and officials could drink wine from them. You praised idols made of silver, gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone, even though they cannot see or hear or think. You refused to worship the God who gives you breath and controls everything you do.

...who gives you breath and controls everything you do.
To hear you say it, it sounds like you are claiming that God is responsible for the people turning away from Him, praising the gods made of silver and gold, bronze, iron, wood, and stone, and refusing to glorify the God who held their life-breath in his hand.

genuineoriginal

secret-will.jpg