Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Obedience of faith does NOT mean faith only. How did you ever come up with that? Did someone teach that to you?

The same guy who taught us to "obey the Gospel" by believing. It's believing unto righteousness. Romans 10:10KJV

Romans 16:26KJV

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2 Thessalonians 1:8KJV In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:​

popsthebuilder

Where's the scripture that proves that?
Matthew: 5. 44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47. And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Romans: 12. 19. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Want more?

peace

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

glorydaz

Let me ask you. Do you think Paul can teach Jesus' gospel better than Jesus?

Jesus preached His Gospel of the Kingdom to the Jews when He walked this earth. After He rose from the dead He gave Paul his Gospel of Grace. If you want to be saved by Grace through faith, you'll have to be saved through Paul's Gospel.

popsthebuilder

Was it before or after Jesus called them children of the devil???
Maybe it was before Jesus called them vipers???
Or perhaps it was after Jesus told them to depart from Him because He never knew them???

I'm sure Meshak wouldn't just make that up, so Jesus must have called them "friend" before or after He called them those other names.
2 Thessalonians: 3. 14. And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15. Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. 16. Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

2 Thessalonians: 3. 14. And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15. Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. 16. Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Luke: 6. 32. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Luke: 7. 47. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

peace

popsthebuilder

Take up for her, worker bees!
Ride on the "Paul is anitchrist" bus with her.
I didn't mean to thumb that.

Paul isn't the Antichrist he is the prisoner of Christ. His message is usually very contorted by people as being out of line with the rest of scripture for some reason.

peace

popsthebuilder

Ok, I checked.

what I found is this why I got mixed up.

this is it, but it is not Jesus' word:

Genesis 19:6-8

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

I was wrong, Jesus did not call His enemy friends.

Even so, you guys are attacking Pops for using the term "friend". Nothing is hypocrite about it since his intention is trying to be right.

It is far better than calling Jesus' followers wicked, cult, nonbeliever and unsaved
which you "faith only" followers are doing.
You weren't wrong meshak, and thank you for defending me.

peace dear friend

glorydaz

Luke: 6. 32. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Luke: 7. 47. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

peace

You think by posting a bunch of unrelated verses you are successfully making a point? I'm sorry, but you aren't. We have a guy on here called Squeaky who does the same thing you're doing. You might want to get together with him, and maybe you'll see the error of your ways.

If you have a point to make, tell us what your point is and then we'll see if your particular verse has any bearing on your case. Otherwise, you're just wasting space.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You think by posting a bunch of unrelated verses you are successfully making a point? I'm sorry, but you aren't. We have a guy on here called Squeaky who does the same thing you're doing. You might want to get together with him, and maybe you'll see the error of your ways.

If you have a point to make, tell us what your point is and then we'll see if your particular verse has any bearing on your case. Otherwise, you're just wasting space.
:rotfl:

glorydaz

You weren't wrong meshak, and thank you for defending me.

peace dear friend

She was wrong. Why do you say she wasn't? She claimed Jesus called everyone friend....which He didn't.

You are aiding and abetting her falsehoods when you do that.

popsthebuilder

You can't bring them, because you made it up.

That's how you make things up.

You pretend you know scripture.
No, she knows what is right because of her submission to GOD. She has seen the verses before and grasps the concepts much better than most, but is an admitted student.

She is genuinely humble before the Lord though she is emotional at times as we all are when dealing with things we care about.

peace

glorydaz

Matthew: 5. 44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. 46. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? 47. And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

Romans: 12. 19. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. 20. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Want more?

peace

That does not show Jesus calling someone friend.

You'd better keep searching.

popsthebuilder

Now you know that your honesty can lead to mistakes.
Some learn from mistakes.

I'm fact. I bet, right about now, she is learning how to have a little more patience and to not fold under any pressure. Her English isn't the best, but she understands, and has a heart for the Lord.

peace

popsthebuilder

The first to put forth his case seems right, until someone else steps forward and cross-examines him. Proverbs 18:17
Proverbs: 18. 17. He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

Indeed

God's Truth

The same guy who taught us to "obey the Gospel" by believing. It's believing unto righteousness. Romans 10:10KJV

Romans 16:26KJV

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

2 Thessalonians 1:8KJV In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:​

Obedience of faith does not mean faith only. Romans 10:10 is about believing and obeying. And obeying the gospel does not mean don't obey.

popsthebuilder

Wow, no wonder you got mixed up. Genesis is so close to the Gospels.

No, his intention is to appear holier than he is.

Those are the very ones (the wicked, cult, nonbeliever and unsaved) who reject salvation by grace through faith. They're the ones who insist on adding their own "obedience" to Christ's work on the cross. They're the ones who demand glory for themselves. When the shoe fits, ya gotta wear it, Meshakles.
It's pretty hard to hate yourself and consider yourself holy in case you were wondering.

Thought maybe you'd care to stop spreading assuming lies as truths.

peace

popsthebuilder

You are nothing but a snake and a dog, Meshak. You blaspheme God because you hate Him. You hate that God used Paul to bring billions to Himself. You blaspheme God by saying only part of the Bible is useable, and the rest is heresy. You say that because you have not comprehended the love story told by God Himself throughout history.

In a way, Meshak, I pity you. And I want you to see truth. But it's pointless for me to show you truth unless you actually want to see it.

Let me know when you're interested in true discussion, not this mocking and tearing down of brothers and sisters in Christ.

Good Day.
She no doubt says such things about the writings ascribed to St Paul because she observes or witnesses the misdirection that is generally espoused due to the poor comprehension of them.

popsthebuilder

And this is your complaint? You refuse to see the difference between obedience to commandments and the obedience of faith. One requires a doing by a sinner in the hopes of gaining grace. The other is the rest one enters when he trusts fully in the Lord ...having entered into grace. The first is striving to enter, and the later is the peace that passes all understanding.

So you rail against and disparage those who have what you strive for. You should be asking how you can enter into that rest.
If you had ever reached such then you wouldn't tell others not to attempt to do so through effectual faith; a term you may not even grasp or believe.

No offence meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.