ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

IMJerusha

Then you can't leave, either. Didn't think of that, did ya?

Yes, I have thought about that and Scripture is clear about it. Temptation is still laid before us and we can be tempted away from Yeshua, deceived by HaSatan. No one can take us from Yeshua but we can choose to follow a wrong path.

God's Truth

I never said he was. I didn't even imply it.

Paul's admission to sin didn't make him a hypocrite. It made him a human being loving God and trusting in His Grace. Trusting in God's Grace doesn't release us from the necessity of obedience. We strive, we fall down, we get back up. It's called perseverance.

When you say that Paul preached for us not to sin, and yet sinned, then you are saying Paul is a hypocrite.

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

IMJerusha

When you say that Paul preached for us not to sin, and yet sinned, then you are saying Paul is a hypocrite.

Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

What I'm saying is that Paul was the same as you or me, human beings that make mistakes and can fall prey to temptation. And I'm not stating anything that Paul didn't admit to.

I need to get dinner on for the family. Later, GT et al.

Danoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
we are not talking about paul being sinless
there is complete agreement that he was not

we are talking about his inability to stop sinning

Exactly. He asked Yeshua to take it away because he either couldn't control it or just kept repeating it. Yeshua said my grace is sufficient to point out to Paul the necessity of his reliance on Him and the necessity for Paul and all believers to strive to remain in Him.

If you're talking about his thorn in the flesh, and his prayer that Christ remove it; sin was not what the Apostle Paul was talking about.

2 Corinthians 12:

6. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
7. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be
exalted above measure.
8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ
may rest upon me.
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

What was going on was, as a result of the Dispensation of the Mystery committed unto him - "to make all men see what is the fellowship of the Mystery" the revelation of which had so humiliated the Adversary before those "principalities and powers in heavenly places" that the Adversary had personally singled out the poor brother to constantly being pressed beyond sufferings like few; that he throw in the towel, and the Lord was allowing it; given what he was working in Paul for Himself through him that anyway!

2 Corinthians 1:

8. For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
9. But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
10. Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

This themes is a constant in Romans thru Philemon...

In short, the answers are in the Book - Stay - In - The Book :)

God's Truth

What's your excuse for rejecting the gospel that is the power of God to save you?

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

If someone is a wrongdoer, can they still be saved?

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

heir

TOL Subscriber
Umm. ALL things are lawful for me.

1Cor 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1Cor 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.​

Sure, according to societal laws, you might end up in a jail cell by doing certain things.
But none of those things will keep you out of the BOC.
Amen!

glorydaz

Yes, I have thought about that and Scripture is clear about it. Temptation is still laid before us and we can be tempted away from Yeshua, deceived by HaSatan. No one can take us from Yeshua but we can choose to follow a wrong path.

He says you can do "nothing"......choosing a "wrong path" is something. :juggle:

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
Get a KJ Bible, woman!

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

There's not one "unrighteous" in the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV)!

glorydaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
we are not talking about paul being sinless
there is complete agreement that he was not

we are talking about his inability to stop sinning

If you're talking about his thorn in the flesh, and his prayer that Christ remove it; sin was not what the Apostle Paul was talking about.

2 Corinthians 12:

6. For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
7. And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be
exalted above measure.
8. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ
may rest upon me.
10. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

What was going on was, as a result of the Dispensation of the Mystery committed unto him - "to make all men see what is the fellowship of the Mystery" the revelation of which had so humiliated the Adversary before those "principalities and powers in heavenly places" that the Adversary had personally singled out the poor brother to constantly being pressed beyond sufferings like few; that he throw in the towel, and the Lord was allowing it; given what he was working in Paul for Himself through him that anyway!

2 Corinthians 1:

8. For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
9. But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
10. Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

This themes is a constant in Romans thru Philemon...

In short, the answers are in the Book - Stay - In - The Book :)

Yep, it's that "sin obsession" that blinds them to the truth in the word. Sad...very sad.

glorydaz

What I'm saying is that Paul was the same as you or me, human beings that make mistakes and can fall prey to temptation. And I'm not stating anything that Paul didn't admit to.

I need to get dinner on for the family. Later, GT et al.

Paul wasn't the same as you or God's UNtruth. He was a member of the body of Christ. He knew the RISEN Lord and followed Him. You two are still under bondage to the law of commandments. IF you do this, you shall live. IF you do that, you shall not come under judgement. There are a whole lot of those "this and thats" and you guys would have to keep all of them. So sad....you don't and we can see that you don't.