ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad." 2 Corinthians 5:10

"No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continue to sin has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:6

New creatures don't test God, Tottie.

She isn't boasting. She is stating a fact; the same fact that Paul held to. "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me." Philippians 3:12

You really are dull Joo if you think Paul did not know he was saved...how can YOU be saved then and not know it. In Phillipians Paul was speaking about rewards [you cunningly did not quote that part]

Just now you said you were sure Jesus would not let you go, speaking out of both sides of your mouth.

Are you saved or not?

IMJerusha

THAT'S what we keep telling you, it is all by grace...it was you who said you sin every day, you have a besetting sin that you cain't get victory over....it has dominion.

Sin is sin, besetting or otherwise and if we continue in it whole hog (so to speak) then we are not living in Yeshua and we are testing God's Grace.

The only victory over that sin was got by Christ at Calvary, when you understand that it will hit you between the eyes, it comes by revelation....not by struggling. and weepings and obeyings and rededications. Just BELIEVE.

And show forth no fruit?...not on your life!

The devil KNOWS when you believe and he has to back off.

That's when he steps up his game. I would advise you not fall for it.

IMJerusha

And Jesus said that happens when you believe, not when you obey the law.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 5:24 "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 6:28-29
28 Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Put the important part in red... "and believes him", "believe in Him". That encompasses all of His teachings including walking as He walked, in obedience to the Will of God. If we don't do that, we don't pass out of death into life. No fruit, no life.

IMJerusha

Then you believe you can cause yourself to lose salvation, how sad for you to not have peace and joy that the good news brings, because lady, thats bad news. It also reflects badly on your message of Christ, its saying you don't trust that He can keep you and that you are so strong you can break His seal needing to crucify Him again each time you mess up, putting Him to open shame :(

I'm not the least bit sad. I have hope in Yeshua. I don't find doing God's Will a sad thing. I don't see doing God's Will reflecting badly on Yeshua. Paul believed we could lose our salvation and so did Peter. So did Yeshua. We can be obedient slaves or we can be slaves to sin. It is the one who continues in willful sin that puts Yeshua to shame, not the one who seeks to do God's Will.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Put the important part in red... "and believes him", "believe in Him". That encompasses all of His teachings including walking as He walked, in obedience to the Will of God. If we don't do that, we don't pass out of death into life. No fruit, no life.

The believes Him part is about believing that the Father sent Christ - and the believe in Him part is believing in Christ for salvation.

We cant walk as He walked, we will never ever be able to be without sin, if we could be, we would have never needed Him.

Do you think any of the works you do, are worthy of anything, the only works worthy of Him are those performed by Him in you.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

You - Do - Nothing.

glorydaz

The believes Him part is about believing that the Father sent Christ - and the believe in Him part is believing in Christ for salvation.

We cant walk as He walked, we will never ever be able to be without sin, if we could be, we would have never needed Him.

Do you think any of the works you do, are worthy of anything, the only works worthy of Him are those performed by Him in you.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

You - Do - Nothing.

She bakes pies, but I'll bet they aren't as good as she thinks they are. :chuckle:

glorydaz

My surety is in my remaining in Him per Yeshua's own Words and in God's Grace. A Dios! :wave:

The worker bees just can't help outing themselves. They try really hard to hide it and then it pops right out of their own mouths. :nono:

"My surety is in MY REMAINING in Him".

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

glorydaz

I'm not the least bit sad. I have hope in Yeshua. I don't find doing God's Will a sad thing. I don't see doing God's Will reflecting badly on Yeshua. Paul believed we could lose our salvation and so did Peter. So did Yeshua. We can be obedient slaves or we can be slaves to sin. It is the one who continues in willful sin that puts Yeshua to shame, not the one who seeks to do God's Will.

Satan's lie. She repeats it....it flows trippingly off her tongue. What a fool!

God's Truth

THAT'S what we keep telling you, it is all by grace...it was you who said you sin every day, you have a besetting sin that you cain't get victory over....it has dominion.

The only victory over that sin was got by Christ at Calvary, when you understand that it will hit you between the eyes, it comes by revelation....not by struggling. and weepings and obeyings and rededications. Just BELIEVE.

The devil KNOWS when you believe and he has to back off.

Where do you get this falseness? Believers are warned that the devil is our enemy and prowls around like a lion looking to destroy.

1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

The Bible says that after one believes, God tests us.

Luke 8:13 Those on the rocky ground are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away.

God's Truth

So you are co- Saviour, yes I can see how that makes you uncertain.

Best to listen to folks who are sure.

Why do you think you can shame people for obeying? How do you think we are to eat Jesus? How do you think we are to live through the Spirit? How do you think the Spirit lives through us if we are not obeying?

God's Truth

Satan's lie. She repeats it....it flows trippingly off her tongue. What a fool!

Romans 2:3
So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

1 Corinthians 11:31
But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

1 Corinthians 9:27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

See 2 Corinthians 13:5, Hebrews 10:31, Luke 12:46, Romans 11:19-21, Galatians 4:19, John 15:6, 1 Corinthians 15:2, Luke 13:28, Matthew 8:12, and Matthew 5:13.

God's Truth

The worker bees just can't help outing themselves. They try really hard to hide it and then it pops right out of their own mouths. :nono:

"My surety is in MY REMAINING in Him".

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Eph. 2:8-9
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

The works no one has to do are the ceremonial works.

Paul is not preaching we are saved by faith and not obeying.

The Jews used to be able to boast because they had the ceremonial works to make them clean, but now anyone can be made clean just by having faith that Jesus' blood cleans them

God's Truth

Faith in his blood makes us clean, it does not mean we do not have to do anything else.

We can obey Jesus. We are told to many times. We are to work out our salvation with trembling and fear. We are not to sin, but if anyone does sin, then they are to repent of their sins. God even disciplines us so that we will repent of our sin.

What is that supposed to mean? God works in us to want to work!

Philippians 2:3 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

God's Truth

Well if you are not even sure you are saved I don't see what good there is in arguing.

A person is sure when they are living a life through Jesus' Spirit. We live through Jesus' Spirit by obeying his teachings.

Paul says to test yourself to see if you are in the faith.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

Those who are living through the Spirit by obeying do not have to test themselves.

If I live my life through his Spirit, then I am obeying and I know it.

God's Truth

That is not true at all both Christ and Paul taught we are saved when we believe, we are born again, we are made new creatures in Christ.

We are born again after we believe Jesus' blood cleans us and reconciles us to God. That is our new born again life---a life without our old sins and now with the Spirit of God.

Jesus washes us clean after we repent of our sins.