ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It is belief in Yeshua that brings salvation and obedience is engendered by that belief. John put it simply. "No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him." 1 John 3:6

If its as you say, youll never make it to heaven and you lose your salvation at least once a day.

The reason that one who lives in Him does not sin, is because HE does not sin and HE is our covering and He cannot sin.

He exchanged His life for ours. We have no sin because of Him.

IMJerusha

@Chrys If you say that your obedience has earned you salvation Chrys I would say you are lying...yes

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:5-11

Yeshua doesn't live in disobedience, Tottie. So, obedience is part of remaining in Yeshua and those who do not think so will be picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. It's called throwing your salvation away.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Originally Posted by Totton Linnet View Post
@Chrys If you say that your obedience has earned you salvation Chrys I would say you are lying...yes

I know Chris have not ever said "I am saved".

I know he does not usurp Jesus' authority on this one.

IMJerusha

If its as you say, youll never make it to heaven and you lose your salvation at least once a day.

The reason that one who lives in Him does not sin, is because HE does not sin and HE is our covering and He cannot sin.

He exchanged His life for ours. We have no sin because of Him.

That doesn't fly with Scripture, Angel. What does fly is that if we confess our sins and repent, striving each day to do God's Will, His Grace is sufficient in the face of our faith and His forgiveness complete. He knows we're not perfect. He wants a willing heart. Yeshua is not our excuse. He is our salvation if we remain in Him.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I know Chris have not ever said "I am saved".

I know he does not usurp Jesus' authority on this one.

So you admit you are not saved, why are you offended when we tell you you're not saved....you have no part or lot in the matter of salvation.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
That doesn't fly with Scripture, Angel. What does fly is that if we confess our sins and repent, striving each day to do God's Will, His Grace is sufficient in the face of our faith and His forgiveness complete. He knows we're not perfect. He wants a willing heart.

So you sin every day...that's what I said...you are overcome. Yet you flog everyone else.

What does Paul say "shall we continue to sin because we are under grace and not under the law?...God forbid

That's how I KNOW you are in a struggle, because you are under the law.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So you sin every day...that's what I said...you are overcome. Yet you flog everyone else.

What does Paul say "shall we continue to sin because we are under grace and not under the law?...God forbid

why did you say she was lying?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
can you show us where she said that she earned her salvation?

she says it all the time, she says she was saved because she obeyed.

I'm not going to dig up all those weary posts where she says "I did this and I did that" but one of the things she said she did was to forgive everyone who had wronged her...I remember because she neg repped me :eek:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
she says it all the time, she says she was saved because she obeyed.

I'm not going to dig up all those weary posts where she says "I did this and I did that" but one of the things she said she did was to forgive everyone who had wronged her...I remember because she neg repped me :eek:

you said she was lying
and
you need to show us where she was lying

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That doesn't fly with Scripture, Angel. What does fly is that if we confess our sins and repent, striving each day to do God's Will, His Grace is sufficient in the face of our faith and His forgiveness complete. He knows we're not perfect. He wants a willing heart. Yeshua is not our excuse. He is our salvation if we remain in Him.

It certainly does. You do not aid one ounce in keeping yourself saved.

You say its complete, then you also say we have to keep it - cant be both.

You are double-minded and teach a false gospel.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

yep

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
do you know what the word lying means?

Yes the truth is "If any man hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day"

If somebody comes along and says "no but you must obey the commandments" they are lying. That is what happened at Antioch and was a BIG problem.

IMJerusha

But YOU sin so where does your interpretation of this scripture leave you?

In God's all sufficient Grace.

And you are not abiding in Him which makes me even more certain that you are overcome.

I abide, I got the victory. Victory comes from abiding...but you have ceased to abide, you are looking to yourself again.

THAT'S how I know.

If you think that living in accordance with God's Will is being overcome in some negative sense, you would be wrong. It is a result of remaining, or as you call it abiding, in Yeshua unless you believe that the Ruach leads us in disobedience to God.