ECT For those with eyes to see and ears to hear

Cross Reference

"When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation."
Matthew 12:43-45 (KJV)

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
By that stupid question I can imagine you stupidly must believe you can keep on sinning and have Jesus too.

I believe what heard/read in the NT,
but you ... you are spiritually blind to
the many dozens of dire warnings
to the believer in the NT.

You must begin to reconcile
all of the NT verses!
Instead of ignoring 1/2 of them.
If that is possible for you.
Know what "reconcile" means?

However, if you're American,
you're too dumbed-down to
think critically!
Think I'm kidding, don't you!
Know what a sheeple is?

Translation: "Christ I realize you sacrificed yourself but that just simply isn't good enough. While we appreciate the effort, I'm going to have to help you out by being "good."

Sad. :nono:

Cross Reference

Translation: "Christ I realize you sacrificed yourself but that just simply isn't good enough. While we appreciate the effort, I'm going to have to help you out by being "good."

Sad. :nono:

Why should my freewill ever be a question of helping God out? I know the scriptures.

ZacharyB

Hey, here's a question for the CR ...

Must one have the Spirit baptism
to understand these deeper truths?

'Cause it sure does seem to be da case!

Cross Reference

Hey, here's a question for the CR ...

Must one have the Spirit baptism
to understand these deeper truths?

'Cause it sure does seem to be da case!

For this reason Acts 2 was administered by God: "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." John 16:13-14 (KJV). Jesus said that to His Disciples intended as well to be for all others willing to pay the price of being born again, per John 20:22 KJV. cfJohn 1:12 KJV.

ZacharyB

For this reason Acts 2 was administered by God:
"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you." John 16:13-14 (KJV).
Jesus said that to His Disciples intended as well to be for all others willing to pay the price of being born again, per John 20:22 KJV. cfJohn 1:12 KJV.

Okay, CR, I'm not very impressed with your last sentence.

From your response, we have 2 questions:
1) Do you understand what I mean by "Spirit baptism"?
2) Do you see Acts 2 as speaking of 2 different baptismal acts by the Holy Spirit?
(Please note: the Holy Spirit is not involved in water baptism.)

Cross Reference

Okay, CR, I'm not very impressed with your last sentence.

From your response, we have 2 questions:
1) Do you understand what I mean by "Spirit baptism"?

I guess I don't.

2) Do you see Acts 2 as speaking of 2 different baptismal acts by the Holy Spirit?

No. But there are two baptisms. One by Jesus Christ, the other by the Holy Spirit. One is a baptism into Jesus Christ and that by the Holy Spirit. The other is Jesus baptising one with the Holy Spirit for the unction to function in Him.

(Please note: the Holy Spirit is not involved in water baptism.)

I would say he is and folk should be careful of submitting to it without knowledge, without knowing there will be a price to pay as leadership should speak of. That said, I have witnessed folk raised out the water baptised as in Acts 2.

ZacharyB

But there are two baptisms. One by Jesus Christ, the other by the Holy Spirit.
One is a baptism into Jesus Christ and that by the Holy Spirit. The other is
Jesus baptising one with the Holy Spirit for the unction to function in Him.
Okay, it looks like you might just understand
what being baptized with the Holy Spirit is all about.
The NT teaches that it occurs when the Holy Spirit comes UPON a believer.
The born-again experience occurs when He comes INSIDE a person.
I though you knew all of this because I thought you claimed to be pentecostal.

Cross Reference

Okay, it looks like you might just understand
what being baptized with the Holy Spirit is all about.

What makes think I don't by saying I "just might understand"? There are three manifestations of the Holy Spirit. Only one is a Baptism. Do uou know them?

The NT teaches that it occurs when the Holy Spirit comes UPON a believer.
Yes? Who performs that?

The born-again experience occurs when He comes INSIDE a person.
To be sure, that is no baptism. Where is that in the Bible?

I though you knew all of this because I thought you claimed to be pentecostal.

You have named two of the three "manifestations" of the Holy Spirit. One being a baptism by Jesus Christ. Where is the third noted in scripture?