ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

oatmeal

McLean quotes these four verses.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Did Jesus follow his own teachings?

Did Jesus sell all that he had?

Why not?

a. He was a hypocrite

b. He was not interested in truth, but in building a mega church

c. He wanted to trap his followers into following him

d. Those verses are misunderstood as to their intent.

Did Jesus sell all?

No, he was not stark naked. He did not sell all his clothes

His clothes would have been included in "all that thou hast"

Since Jesus Christ did not literally sell "all" that he had, then what did he mean by what he said?

What did he mean by "all"?

a. all that is superfluous

b. all that you don't need

c. all that gets in the way of you following me

d. other

I don't have anything to sell, if David's words in his blessing to God is truth.

I Chronicles 29:9-19

Especially verse 14, look at the last phrase.

But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to offer so willingly after this sort? for all things come of thee, and of thine own have we given thee.

We are but stewards of what is all God's already.

As stewards, we do not literally own any of it. It is all of God, not ourselves.

Did we make the silicon that Silicon Valley uses to make computers?

Did we make cotton plants that our cotton clothes comes from?

Did we make the soil that the plant food we eat grows in?

All good comes from God and is God's

Since God created the heavens and the earth, God takes care of his own, there is no reason we should ever lack anything at all, except our unbelief and there is nothing that we need that God cannot provide.

Philippians 4:19

popsthebuilder

These long posts should be reported.

So, pops, how do you explain this verse?

Galatians 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
One was to go to the Jew and the other was to go to the heathen

Try next time.

Report me if you are that offended by scripture.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Acts 20: 21.
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

(And yes, in my opinion it is Christ as in anointed with the Holy Spirit of GOD that does comfort and verify the Truth; the Christ; the same which did wholly fill Jesus of Nazareth, our King and Lord, and Way, and example.)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

I do, but my answers are always wrong to you so go ahead and tell me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Okay, I would love to tell you.

Jesus told his Twelve what to say as they went out and preached the gospel and healing people and casting out demons.

I gave scriptures for that, if you do not remember, then ask and I will find them for you again.

Now Paul, he beat his body to make it submissive to him so that he would not be disqualified for salvation after preaching the gospel.

That is proof that a person can preach the truth and yet still be a big sinner. Jesus says they will be punished for it too.

Just think, Judas was given authority to cast out demons and heal the sick and preach the gospel...yet Jesus says:

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21 21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?

James 1:22
Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves.

Right Divider

Body part
Okay, I would love to tell you.

Jesus told his Twelve what to say as they went out and preached the gospel and healing people and casting out demons.

I gave scriptures for that, if you do not remember, then ask and I will find them for you again.

Now Paul, he beat his body to make it submissive to him so that he would not be disqualified for salvation after preaching the gospel.

That is proof that a person can preach the truth and yet still be a big sinner. Jesus says they will be punished for it too.

Just think, Judas was given authority to cast out demons and heal the sick and preach the gospel...yet Jesus says:

Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

Matthew 7:21 21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?

James 1:22
Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves.
Always referring to doctrine for the 12 tribes... shame on you.

P.S. Paul is NOT talking about losing his salvation as you FALSELY claim.

God's Truth

Always referring to doctrine for the 12 tribes... shame on you.

P.S. Paul is NOT talking about losing his salvation as you FALSELY claim.

Same gospel for all.

As for Paul, he beat his body so that he would obey and not be castaway.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

glorydaz

Read this, it is Paul saying he didn't learn the gospel from Peter. That proves it is the same gospel that Peter had already been preaching.

BAM!

Proving his Gospel was given by direct revelation from the ascended Lord.

After hearing Paul's Gospel, Peter now says....

Acts 15:11-12 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. 12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.​

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus doesn't tell all to do that.

So, you agree, that not all that "Jesus" commands, not all of his orders, are directed to everyone, and are to be obeyed?

This demonic troll won't touch that question, even though I've asked her it over 100 times, as it will expose her for the fraud that she is:
Everything Jesus says stands forever…. Jesus' words are for everyone.....We always have to obey God ...We always have to obey Jesus….........I obey all of Jesus' teachings....I follow all of Jesus teachings, exactly as he says…..Faith is obeying everything that Jesus says.

john w

Hall of Fame
You call it satanic that Judas preached what Jesus told him to preach?

Judas never preached the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, i.e., "Christ died for your sins....was raised again for your justification...Believe this good news/gospel to be saved!!!!," you demon-that is satanic. He preached the gospel/good news of the kingdom, which is not the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, devil child.

God's Truth

Judas never preached the gospel/good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, i.e., "Christ died for your sins....was raised again for your justification...Believe this good news/gospel to be saved!!!!," you demon-that is satanic. He preached the gospel/good news of the kingdom, which is not the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, devil child.

Judas preaching the gospel does not lessen the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your anger will not bring the righteousness of God.

If I was still a Catholic and did not have my powerful testimony, I would probably be arguing the same way that you do but for the Catholic religion.

There is only one gospel though. Jesus warned the Jews to believe in him and his teachings, and then he died and rose again and sent apostles to keep teaching.

john w

Hall of Fame
Judas preaching the gospel does not lessen the gospel of Jesus Christ.

If I was still a Catholic and did not have my powerful testimony, I would probably be arguing the same way that you do but for the Catholic religion.

Saved the lecture, admitted devil child, as I'm a former Roman, and have forgotten more about Catholicism, than you know. And you are still a Catholic-you talk like them-they talk like you, demon.

There is only one gospel though.

=only one piece of good news-satanic-made up.She asserts that her saint Judas was an evangelist-again.

=satanic.

God's Truth

So, you agree, that not all that "Jesus" commands, not all of his orders, are directed to everyone, and are to be obeyed?

There are certain guidelines to get saved, but there are also things that Jesus said to people personally that they had to do. For instance, Jesus was in his 30's when he started his traveling ministry. He needed people to help spread the gospel.

This demonic troll won't touch that question, even though I've asked her it over 100 times, as it will expose her for the fraud that she is:

I have answered you many times, even though you are so verbally violent and say lies about me.

God's Truth

Saved the lecture, admitted devil child, as I'm a former Roman, and have forgotten more about Catholicism, than you know. And you are still a Catholic-you talk like them-they talk like you, demon.

=only one piece of good news-satanic-made up.She asserts that her saint Judas was an evangelist-again.

=satanic.

Judas did preach the one and only gospel and good news.

Your bad mouthing me doesn't bother me. I do want to get you to understand though that there is only one gospel and we won't be harmed by obeying Jesus.

God's Truth

Proving his Gospel was given by direct revelation from the ascended Lord.

After hearing Paul's Gospel, Peter now says....

Acts 15:11-12 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. 12 Then all the multitude kept silence, and gave audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.​

Of course, Paul received the gospel directly from Jesus; however, it is the one and only gospel.

john w

Hall of Fame
There are certain guidelines to get saved, but there are also things that Jesus said to people personally that they had to do. For instance, Jesus was in his 30's when he started his traveling ministry. He needed people to help spread the gospel.

Evasion-non responsive.

Yes, or no.

I have answered you many times, even though you are so verbally violent and say lies about me.

No, you have not. Answer-go on record, for all of TOL to witness-you've been asked over 100 times, by myself/others:

God's Truth

So you accuse Paul of lying when he speaks of MY GOSPEL. :nono:

Paul calls it 'my gospel', just as I would if speaking to people who have never heard of it before.

There is only one Gospel, and it is God's Gospel, the Gospel of Christ, Paul's Gospel, and OUR GOSPEL.

By the way, God gave the law to Moses, and it is called the law of Moses anyway.

God's Truth

Evasion-non responsive.

Yes, or no.

No, you have not. Answer-go on record, for all of TOL to witness-you've been asked over 100 times, by myself/others:

Everything that came from Jesus' mouth is life.

However, there are certain guidelines for the New Covenant.