Filipinos Seek Miracles From Statue

jsanford108

Then tell us what idols look like?

Idols can be statues or images. But not images and statues are idols. You are being silly with your rhetoric since you point out that the Statue of Liberty and pictures of your family are not idols.

Nope.

See? There you go being contradictory.

Because it does fit.
Unless you think all those pagans were not venerating their idols.
One can certainly venerate something that is not an idol, but idols are definitely venerated very highly.

The issue with discussing idolatry with someone like yourself, is that they want to call things they do and enjoy normal, but something a catholic does idolatrous, when the two actions are the same thing.

I know you are stubborn but I will describe what you see when people kneel down in front of statues or images.

When a Catholic kneels in front of a crucifix, they are usually praying to God/Christ. They are usually using the image in front of them to remind them of the event. To kept it in the forefront of their mind. It keeps and inspires humility. It allows adoration of Christ for what He has done for us.

Do you kneel in front of a cross? It is no different than a catholic kneeling in front of one. The only difference is you accuse Catholics of idolatry. (See how I brought that full circle)

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The issue with discussing idolatry with someone like yourself is that
is that you can't say what an idol looks like or what idol worship looks like.

When a Catholic kneels in front of a crucifix, they are usually praying to God/Christ.
Usually?
What are they praying to the other times?

Do you kneel in front of a cross?
Heck no. Why would I even consider kneeling to a hunk of metal, plaster, or wood?
It's nothing but a piece of artwork that can do nothing, say nothing, hear nothing.
Don't need to kneel before any such thing to pray to GOD.
Nor do we encourage the flock to do such things as kneel before a hunk of artwork.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[The sun, the moon and the stars do not save. Acts 17:29] You really do have some strange, unbased [sic] theories.

:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

Drink up
drunk_walk-2125.gif
fornicate on.
stripper.gif
2 Cor. 6:15–18