Filipinos Seek Miracles From Statue

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Filipinos Seek Miracles From Statue | Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "An estimated 1.5 million Filipinos sought to press up against a centuries-old statue of Christ that was marched through the streets of Manila during a Roman Catholic celebration :eek:linger: called the Feast of the Black Nazarene. Over 200 Catholics were injured seeking to touch the wood carving of Jesus on the belief that it possesses healing powers or can bring good fortune. The carving, known as the Black Nazarene for the figure's dark complexion, is believed to have been brought from Mexico to Manila in the 1600's. For the past 200 years, millions have flooded the streets during the annual feast day.

This year was no exception, as some walked barefoot to show penance. Over 80 percent of Filipinos are Catholic. Read more.

[Mike Gendron Comment] ...There are so many precious souls who are indoctrinated by a false religion that promotes the worship of statues, idols, and false christs. Only the truth of God's Word can set them free from this religious bondage." :poly: Pro-Gospel.org

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
This exposition on idolatry would be great if there didn't have to be this obsessive need to conflate it with 'religion'.

Religion- a particular system of faith and worship

Whenever I hear a person make a dichotomy between 'religion' vs 'God's Word', I automatically presume that there is simply something arbitrary or screwed up in your theology :rolleyes:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
7078504-3x2-700x467.jpg

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Whenever I hear a person make a dichotomy between 'religion' vs 'God's Word', I automatically presume that there is simply something arbitrary or screwed up in your theology...

:yawn: There's nothing wrong with Gendron's theology. Eph 4:14

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
How is this idolatry?
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them (Ex 20:4–5).

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:yawn: There's nothing wrong with Gendron's theology. Eph 4:14

That verse is pointed to you all- the historical churches aren't splintered into thousands of sects, YOU ALL are :rolleyes:

It's your 'free will' doctrine- it's about you, and so all of you scatter among yourselves. (Matthew 12:30)

jsanford108

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them (Ex 20:4–5).

I know the verse. No worries. But how is a statue of Christ idolatrous? Is a cross idolatry? People kneel in front of those.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...[H]ow is a statue of Christ idolatrous? Is a cross idolatry? People kneel in front of those.

Ask the Holy Spirit. I would not bow down to a carved image of Jesus Christ. You will note--he is no longer on the cross. :plain: Catholics :eek:linger: honor Satan and his love for death not the living Lord. They are big on: stealing, killing and destroying (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10); :banana: but, not so big on being led by the spirit (Ro 8:14). :straight:

jsanford108

Ask the Holy Spirit. I would not bow down to a carved image of Jesus Christ. You will note--he is no longer on the cross. :plain: Catholics :eek:linger: honor Satan and his love for death not the living Lord. They are big on: stealing, killing and destroying (Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10); :banana: but, not so big on being led by the spirit (Ro 8:14). :straight:

An excellent point. Christ is not on the cross. So why kneel to an empty cross? That seems more empty logically than an Image of Christ.

How do Catholics honor Satan?

Please provide examples of Catholics being "big on stealing, killing, and destroying."

If something is true just because you say it is, I can denounce anything I don't like and that makes it truth. See how this is an argumentative and logical fallacy? So provide some evidence.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Idolatry is treating an object as a deity, or attributing supernatural powers to it.

Bowing to statue is not idolatry.
Believing that touching a statue will cure you is idolatry.

The Catholic Church wants to keep their laity drunk off it's own grandeur, so they encourage these superstitions.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
An excellent point. Christ is not on the cross. So why kneel to an empty cross?
I don’t. Do you? :AMR:
That seems more empty logically than an Image of Christ.
What about ‘don’t make or bow to images’ don’t you get? :freak: Ex. 20:1–5
How do Catholics honor Satan?
In their wicked mass. :eek:linger:

See:

No Sacrifice

Please provide examples of Catholics being "big on stealing, killing, and destroying."
See:

Reformation Time Line

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Testify against idolatry Acts 14:15] The repeated blasphemous abuse of scripture is far worse than bowing to anything...

:yawn: You're on the record (Eph 4:14).

Don't be surprised if this comes up again at the Great White Throne. :popcorn:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:yawn: You're on the record (Eph 4:14).

Don't be surprised if this comes up again at the Great White Throne. :popcorn:

Reformed Christianity comprises of the five doctrines of TULIP, and has remained that way for the past five centuries. One is not being tossed to and fro with that- you all are the one's who sling verses around like a minigun barreling any sort of interpretation and arbitrary doctrine possible :rolleyes:

You all change with the wind- the only difference is that the Catholic Church at least tries to compile it all to make sense.

jsanford108

I don’t. Do you? :AMR:

What about ‘don’t make or bow to images’ don’t you get? :freak: Ex. 20:1–5
In their wicked mass. :eek:linger:

See:

No Sacrifice

See:

Reformation Time Line

Please describe how the mass is wicked? What makes your point interesting is that Satanists have a ball mass, which is a "perversion of the catholic mass." So why would a Satanist blaspheme something that is already blasphemous? That doesn't make logical or rational sense. Would they not promote the catholic mass if it is already wicked, rather than oppose it?

jsanford108

Please describe how the mass is wicked? What makes your point interesting is that Satanists have a ball mass, which is a "perversion of the catholic mass." So why would a Satanist blaspheme something that is already blasphemous? That doesn't make logical or rational sense. Would they not promote the catholic mass if it is already wicked, rather than oppose it?

I meant black mass, not ball mass. (Thanks auto correct)