Feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
What you didn't say was that it wasn't yourself you were talking about.

You go right ahead and ignore me, I won't miss you a bit. :)

That's because it was utterly obvious that wasn't talking about myself to begin with.

Why don't you post the thread and kill your own argument?
And standing, really. You don't do feminism any justice acting like a rotten child and lying about what others say. That goes for you and the other poster, I don't have to hear that nonsense. I 'll just tell it straight how it is- you're better just not even approaching me with it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That's because it was utterly obvious that wasn't talking about myself to begin with.

Why don't you post the thread and kill your own argument?
And standing, really. You don't do feminism any justice acting like a rotten child and lying about what others say. That goes for you and the other poster, I don't have to hear that nonsense. I 'll just tell it straight how it is- you're better just not even approaching me with it.

The links to the thread are included, or didn't you notice?

You went on and on and never corrected us. You're the one who's being belligerent. By all means ignore me. If you can. :)

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
The links to the thread are included, or didn't you notice?

You went on and on and never corrected us. You're the one who's being belligerent. By all means ignore me. If you can. :)

You basically are admitting that you are openly a liar and that you beat straw men, and are pressing on with it!

You are the belligerent one, always have been. Every time this subject comes around, you are one of the select few who act like kids.

And yes, I can and will be ignoring you throughout the rest of this thread.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You basically are admitting that you are openly a liar, and are pressing on with it!

You are the belligerent one, always have been. Every time this subject comes around, you are one of the select few who act like kids.

And yes, I can and will be ignoring you throughout the rest of this thread.

Good. You do that. :)

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
That's ... interesting ... and no doubt someone somewhere finds that info very, very important.

If were anybody else on Earth rather then this poster here, one might actually consider that the accusation isn't a miserable, stupid lie.

Seriously, somebody besides you, anna, or a4t go to that thread and tell me that I'm wrong and you all aren't manipulating, deceiving liars.

Actually, don't even bother. Everyone already knows.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If were anybody else on Earth rather then this poster here, one might actually consider that the accusation isn't a miserable, stupid lie.

OR they might believe the person who is crying "liar" is ... a liar ...

:plain:

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
OR they might believe the person who is crying "liar" is ... a liar ...

:plain:

I'm lying about what is on a thread two clicks away?

No, you little girls make yourselves look stupid when you come on here with lies. She didn't even post the whole post because she herself is a damn liar and she knows it.

So why don't you all grow up and stop giving anti-feminists all the ammo in the world to shoot :thumb:
All you all know how to do, just like the typical hard headed female, is aggravate someone.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
picture.php

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And that's why feminism shouldn't exist :chuckle:

Because a woman yielding a smiley sign because she has access to a computer is such a threat to the almighty universe and it's ego-system ...

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Because a woman yielding a smiley sign because she has access to a computer is such a threat to the almighty universe and it's ego-system ...

I was referring to the past several posts in which you and anna decided to sabotage whatever remotely good standing feminists may have had on this site :up:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I was referring to the past several posts in which you and anna decided to sabotage whatever remotely good standing feminists may have had on this site :up:

Those whose opinions matter to me won't find it damaged, and those who are misogynists won't change their mind. Somehow we'll all find a way to carry on. :)

The 5 solas

Those whose opinions matter to me won't find it damaged, and those who are misogynists won't change their mind. Somehow we'll all find a way to carry on. :)

I would hope that we really do not have any misogynists on the board. That would go against any of the liberals ideals to be so minded...and it should be a smack in the face to anyone bearing the name Christian.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:chuckle: That's funny. The very word "feminist" is terrifying to any person who has an issue with women having a equal say in society and their own lives.

Work through your issues.

Selaphiel

Do you really think that ancient Greek and Roman culture was so very different from ours or that 21st century society is the first one that has ever understood how different women and men are?

Yes, the difference in culture is quite significant. Look at the difference between cotemporary cultures today, then imagine the cultural differences that have occurred in 2 millenia.
Where do I say that we have full understanding of the matter or that we are the first to understand anything? You are attributing an awful lot of strawman arguments to me. I do hope that you agree that our understanding of physiology and the biology of men and women is greater than it was 2000 years ago?

Human nature hasn't changed one jot in 2000 years. It is when you understand this that you will be able to make a start on understanding the cultures of the New Testament period. It is when you begin with respect for those peoples, that they weren't just a bunch of idiot primitives, and that they were human beings with exactly the same nature as you, that you will make real sense of the New Testament. Until then, and as demonstrated more than sufficiently by your patronising verbiage above, you will not understand the New Testament at all.

Where did I say that human nature changed significantly or that the ancient Greeks and Romans were primitive idiots? I have said no such thing.

I said that they channeled their cultural understanding in their texts and I said they defined roles for gender based on their understanding of biology, Aristotle's view of man and woman was dominant, a view which simply doesn't hold water in light of what we know about biology. That does not mean that Aristotle was an idiot anymore than the discoveries of Einstein implies that Newton was an idiot. It simply implies that knowledge progresses, and we should acknowledge that they operated under vastly different assumptions about a variety of things, gender being one example, and those assumptions were informed by their best knowledge at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.