• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolutionists: How did legs evolve?

Silent Hunter

So, your emphatic, "There is NO reason to believe that the earth has layers of rocks laid down successively on top of each other... with respect to natural processes WITHOUT a global flood", was contingent on not getting caught being a wee bit deceitful. Epic fail.

I assume you conclude the "biblical flood" is this "world-wide catastrophic event"... Yes?

Could any other reason, not involving divine intervention, be a possible explanation? (Warning! This is a trick question. If you answer, "Yes", you deny your belief in the biblical account, if you answer, "No", you're stuck with the, "Goddidit!!!", fallacy. Choose wisely.)
From the "nothing did it!!!" guy.
You made the disappointing choice of a combination of quotes from "The musterion Book of Insults" and "The 6days Book of Strawmen" than to answer a simple question.

As you already know, I am of the opinion that a natural explanation is preferable over a supernatural (not natural) explanation for life, the Universe, and everything. I am certain something "caused" the Universe as we observe it today and that "cause" was the Universe as it was before the "Big Bang". There is no reason for the Universe, it just is. Creationists cannot tolerate an infinite regress with the Universe but, for reasons unknown, have no difficulty with an infinitely ancient deity, yet, for other reasons unknown, see no contradiction.

Let's try again:

Could any other reason, not involving divine intervention, be a possible explanation for life, the Universe, and everything? You don't have to know what that explanation is, just if there is a possibility. (Warning! This is a trick question. If you answer, "Yes", you deny your belief in the biblical account, if you answer, "No", you're stuck with the, "Goddidit!!!", fallacy. Choose wisely.

Right Divider

Body part
The thread is 35 pages long, so if you could be a bit more specific that would be helpful.
My settings are different, it's only 6 pages for me.

[video]http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?127663-Evolutionists-How-did-legs-evolve&p=5155069&viewfull=1#post5155069[/video]

Right Divider

Body part
You made the disappointing choice of a combination of quotes from "The musterion Book of Insults" and "The 6days Book of Strawmen" than to answer a simple question.

As you already know, I am of the opinion that a natural explanation is preferable over a supernatural (not natural) explanation for life, the Universe, and everything. I am certain something "caused" the Universe as we observe it today and that "cause" was the Universe as it was before the "Big Bang". There is no reason for the Universe, it just is. Creationists cannot tolerate an infinite regress with the Universe but, for reasons unknown, have no difficulty with an infinitely ancient deity, yet, for other reasons unknown, see no contradiction.

Let's try again:

Could any other reason, not involving divine intervention, be a possible explanation for life, the Universe, and everything? You don't have to know what that explanation is, just if there is a possibility. (Warning! This is a trick question. If you answer, "Yes", you deny your belief in the biblical account, if you answer, "No", you're stuck with the, "Goddidit!!!", fallacy. Choose wisely.
Your predisposition to the premise that there is no God, so God could not possibly be involved precludes any actual interaction between us.

Silent Hunter

Let's try again:

Your predisposition to the premise that there is no God, so God could not possibly be involved precludes any actual interaction between us.
My "predisposition" is more open than yours it seems. You just can't comprehend the Universe is as it is without a deity to explain what can't be explained. The infinite regress "problem" drives creationists insane. It's ok for their deity to be infinitely old but not the Universe, a contradiction the creationist can't resolve. I'd be satisfied with a supernatural explanation, all you have to do is show that a deity... your personal preferred deity... is the only alternative. Good luck.

Let's try it again:

Right Divider

Body part
My "predisposition" is more open than yours it seems. You just can't comprehend the Universe is as it is without a deity to explain what can't be explained. The infinite regress "problem" drives creationists insane. It's ok for their deity to be infinitely old but not the Universe, a contradiction the creationist can't resolve. I'd be satisfied with a supernatural explanation, all you have to do is show that a deity... your personal preferred deity... is the only alternative. Good luck.

Let's try it again:

No, I followed the facts to arrive at the conclusion that God is the Creator of all things. I hope you get out of your rut and get there too.

musterion

RD, you're arguing with those who believe themselves to be geologic strata. By their logic they're nothing but ambulatory dirt. From dirt they came, unto dirt they will return, nothing of them will survive turning back into dirt because, by their own beliefs, there's nothing about them that's not dirt. But man, can that dirt preach! Preachy, judgmental dirt! What a hoot this is to watch.

iouae

So pretty much all geologic strata are pre-flood?

So where are the remains of everything that died?

Any evidence for this claim?

One looks for an ancient human culture which suddenly and mysteriously ends. Nobody knows how it ended. But the megafauna die out at the same time as there is a climate change. Clovis disappearance is suspected to be water related, enough water to change the ocean conveyor belt. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clovis_culture

For a comprehensive list of everything they ate....

https://archive.org/stream/organicclovissin00hemm/organicclovissin00hemm_djvu.txt

Arthur Brain

I don't argue against variation, which is what we DO observe. I argue against the ridiculous extrapolation that is commonly used in the so-called "theory of evolution".

Also, visibility to the human eye is not what we were talking about.

It's only "ridiculous" to you because of the constraints of a dogmatic belief that can't have the earth as any older than ten thousand and a handful of years. In the real world, outside of 'fundamentalistville' the 'ridiculous extrapolations' are accepted and as with any established theories in science with due evidence and continual peer review process. I'm aware that sheer visibility wasn't the point but it was an apt comparison given how swiftly you'll dismiss anything that hasn't been 'directly' observed, especially if it contradicts your dogmatic 'view' of the world and what findings are 'allowed' within it.

You do realize that plenty of Christians, if not most have no problem with science?

Arthur Brain

RD, you're arguing with those who believe themselves to be geologic strata. By their logic they're nothing but ambulatory dirt. From dirt they came, unto dirt they will return, nothing of them will survive turning back into dirt because, by their own beliefs, there's nothing about them that's not dirt. But man, can that dirt preach! Preachy, judgmental dirt! What a hoot this is to watch.

Hmm, aside from the fact that plenty of Christians have no cognitive dissonance with an acceptance of evolution/old earth etc then the bible itself states that all return to dust Musty. Given your current signature, you're one 'hell' of a preachy piece of dust as well...does dust burn in the lake of fire?

musterion

Hmm, aside from the fact that plenty of Christians have no cognitive dissonance with an acceptance of evolution/old earth etc then the bible itself states that all return to dust Musty.

Into which God breathed. That's the difference.

Given your current signature, you're one 'hell' of a preachy piece of dust as well...does dust burn in the lake of fire?

Yours will.

Silent Hunter

Let's try it again:

No, I followed the facts to arrive at the conclusion that God is the Creator of all things.
You follow "the facts" insofar as those "facts" don't interfere with your adherence to your personal interpretation of an ancient myth.

You might as well believe in The Great Green Arkleseizure. The creator of the universe, as claimed by adherents of the faith on planet Viltvodle VI. The Jatravartids of this faith believe that the Universe was sneezed out the Great Green Arkleseizure's nose. Bless you. Bless you all.

I hope you get out of your rut and get there too.
I'm not in a rut. I am not constrained in my exploration, understanding, and awe of the Universe by one of many ancient myths. Christian fundamentalist creationists on the other hand are confined by their "scriptures" (in a rut).

Let's try it again:

Could any other reason, not involving divine intervention, be a POSSIBLE explanation for life, the Universe, and everything? You don't have to know what that explanation is, just be honest and admit there is a possibility. (Warning! This is a trick question. If you answer, "Yes", you deny your belief in the biblical account, if you answer, "No", you're stuck with the, "Goddidit!!!", fallacy. Choose wisely.

Last edited:

iouae

One strange phenomenon observed with Clovis culture disappearance is that almost no Clovis people fossils have been found. Thousands of beautiful and exquisite spear heads and tons of bones and food items, fireplaces - but no human fossils. Just one child fossil found.

Clovis culture was the pre-flood human culture in the Americas, then it disappeared.

Evolutionists tell good stories, so I want to try my hand at explaining why the Biblical flood left hardly a dent on the geologic column, and very few human fossils. Also the megafauna came to a sudden end, the giant sloths etc.

Suppose there was a flood as described in the Bible. This is a slow flood, a rise in water over 40 days. There was no CNN weather warning, no satellite tracking of storm fronts. One day, for the Clovis people, it just started raining really hard.

I suppose the good folk of Clovis did what the good folks of New Orleans or Houston did when Harvey struck. As the water rose, the folks climbed onto their roofs, up trees, or, if there was a nearby piece of high land, they ran there.

When the water kept on rising and the helicopters did not arrive, the Clovis folks held onto driftwood, till they all drowned. They left behind their exquisite spearheads.

Drowned human corpses from what I remember from crime shows, have a tendency to not sink to the bottom and stay there. They bloat and float. So, the crocodiles and sharks, and bacteria had a party.

The flood was not a fossilising event. Lines of fauna, and nearly all humans were wiped out without a trace. But the flood did not last long enough to stop vegetation regrowing. Trees were killed, but their seeds survived and germinated. Thus no tree today has more than about 5000 rings. Obviously all aquatic organisms did not mind the flood one bit. Sharks, whales, dolphins played around the ark.

The ocean conveyer belt system was disrupted, and the climate changed, so temperature graphs show disruption of the climate due to the flood. They call this disruption of oceans, the Younger Dryas.

The modern, smaller fauna quickly repopulated the earth, so that we have what we see today.

Right Divider

Body part
It's only "ridiculous" to you because of the constraints of a dogmatic belief that can't have the earth as any older than ten thousand and a handful of years. In the real world, outside of 'fundamentalistville' the 'ridiculous extrapolations' are accepted and as with any established theories in science with due evidence and continual peer review process. I'm aware that sheer visibility wasn't the point but it was an apt comparison given how swiftly you'll dismiss anything that hasn't been 'directly' observed, especially if it contradicts your dogmatic 'view' of the world and what findings are 'allowed' within it.

You do realize that plenty of Christians, if not most have no problem with science?
I also have no problem with science; real science. And it has nothing to do with the age of the earth.

Real science shows that animals to not change without limit.

Right Divider

Body part
You follow "the facts" insofar as those "facts" don't interfere with your adherence to your personal interpretation of an ancient myth.

You might as well believe in The Great Green Arkleseizure. The creator of the universe, as claimed by adherents of the faith on planet Viltvodle VI. The Jatravartids of this faith believe that the Universe was sneezed out the Great Green Arkleseizure's nose. Bless you. Bless you all.

I'm in not rut. I am not constrained in my exploration, understanding, and awe of the Universe by one of many ancient myths. Christian fundamentalist creationists on the other hand are confined by their "scriptures" (in a rut).

Let's try it again:

Could any other reason, not involving divine intervention, be a POSSIBLE explanation for life, the Universe, and everything? You don't have to know what that explanation is, just be honest and admit there is a possibility. (Warning! This is a trick question. If you answer, "Yes", you deny your belief in the biblical account, if you answer, "No", you're stuck with the, "Goddidit!!!", fallacy. Choose wisely.
Based on real science, we know that life does not naturally come from non-life.

Silent Hunter

I'm in not rut. I am not constrained in my exploration, understanding, and awe of the Universe by one of many ancient myths. Christian fundamentalist creationists on the other hand are confined by their "scriptures" (in a rut).

Let's try it again:

Based on real science, we know that life does not naturally come from non-life.
Nope. Based on "real science" we know life does not naturally come from the non-natural (supernatural).

Based on "real science" all natural phenomena have a natural cause.

Let's try it again:

Would you like to answer the question or would you rather stick with creationist assertions?