Everyone Will Die For His Own Sin

marhig

"And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many." (Hebrews 9:27-28)

Obviously Jesus did not forfeit his life so that people would not die, but rather so they would not die a second time.

Once is enough.
That death is death to self, once we hear the word and believe, and once God blesses us with his Holy Spirit, we are then born of God, and we should be dead to our old life (dead to self) we die to our old life once. We are a living sacrifice. Our old life gone, and we then live by the will of God and we are then judged on what we do good and bad.

Those who sin in ignorance are forgiven, but those who are born of God are to turn from sin, obey God, as live by his will and we will suffer if we continually wifully sin and we risk going back to being spiritually dead.

It's better to suffer for doing good than bad.

marhig

You cannot get there from your perspective:

Matthew 10:38-39
38 And the one not taking up his own cross and following after me is not worthy of me.
39 The one that finds his soul shall apollumi-destroy it; and the one apollumi-destroying his soul for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16:23-27
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get behind me, Satan: you are an offense to me: for you savor not the things that be of Elohim, but the things that be of men.
24 Then said Yeshua to his disciples, If anyone will come after me, let him utterly disown himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his soul shall apollumi-destroy it: and whosoever will apollumi-destroy his soul for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and forfeit his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For the Son of Man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Mark 8:34-38
34 And he called unto him the multitude with his disciples, and said unto them, If anyone would come after me, let him utterly disown himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
35 For whosoever would save his soul shall apollumi-destroy it; and whosoever shall apollumi-destroy his soul for my sake and that of the gospel shall save it.
36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?
37 For what should a man give in exchange for his soul?
38 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man also shall be ashamed of him, when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Luke 9:23-26
23 And he said unto all, If anyone would come after me, let him utterly disown himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever would save his soul shall apollumi-destroy it; but whosoever shall apollumi-destroy his soul for my sake, the same shall save it.
25 For what is a man profited if he gain the whole world and apollumi-destroy or forfeit himself?
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when he comes in his own glory, and the glory of the Father, and of the holy angels.

Luke 14:27
27 Whosoever does not bear his own stake, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

John 12:24-26
24 Amen-amen, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit.
25 He that loves his soul shall apollumi-destroy it; and he that hates his soul in this world shall keep it unto life aionion.
26 If anyone serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if anyone serve me, him will my Father honor.

Apollumi : destroy : perish : tear down : put to death : Strong's #622
Mortify your members which are upon your land, (Colossians 3:5).

The soul that sins shall die: but thanks to Messiah, through his Testimony of grace, we can understand how to die the supernal Way that is pleasing to the Father of Life, (as living sacrifices).

Daqq that's a great post, that's exactly how I see it too! I wrote my post before I saw this. But yours explains everything in depth. Thanks :)

marhig

Gentile unbelievers have no High Priest but believers do:

"Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make atonement for the sins of the people" (Heb.2:17).​

When I was baptized into Christ I was baptized into His death (Ro.6:3) and this resulted:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed"
(1 Pet.2:24).​

Baring our sins doesn't mean to save us by dying on a cross.

We are saved by the grace of God through faith.

If people sin against us, we bare it and suffer it, and have a forgiving heart. Following Jesus. Jesus bore our sins and showed us a new and living way, a way of love, mercy and forgiveness. Christ Jesus suffered and through suffering, he was obedient to God, to death, EVEN the death on the cross. And we are brought back to God through him, through his ministry of reconciliation, by believing in him, believing in the word of God. We are saved through faith, by the grace of God.

We also have to partake in the sufferings of Christ, become a living sacrifice, and die to self, ( die to our old lives in the world) and bare witness to the truth. But Christ through the Spirit, will strengthen us to overcome if we keep our faith and live by the will of God and remain in his goodness.

daqq

Daqq that's a great post, that's exactly how I see it too! I wrote my post before I saw this. But yours explains everything in depth. Thanks :)

:)

And Paul teaches the same as the Master:

Matthew 5:27-30
27 You have heard that it was said, You shall not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you that every one who looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if your right eye entices you to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should be apollumi-destroyed, and not that your whole body be cast into Gehenna.
30 And if your right hand entices you to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should be apollumi-destroyed, and not that your whole body go into Gehenna.

Therefore Paul says, "Mortify your members which are upon the earth", (your land), Col 3:5 KJV.
And likewise, "Mortify the deeds of the body", Rom 8:13 KJV.

Paul is clearly expounding the Parables of Messiah in those places:

Romans 8:12-14 KJV
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, [but] not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Therefore what is "the Spirit" in this context within which Paul speaks?
The Spirit is the New Covenant Spirit-Testimony of Messiah found in the Gospel accounts. :)

marhig

:)

And Paul teaches the same as the Master:

Matthew 5:27-30
27 You have heard that it was said, You shall not commit adultery:
28 But I say unto you that every one who looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if your right eye entices you to stumble, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should be apollumi-destroyed, and not that your whole body be cast into Gehenna.
30 And if your right hand entices you to stumble, cut it off, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should be apollumi-destroyed, and not that your whole body go into Gehenna.

Therefore Paul says, "Mortify your members which are upon the earth", (your land), Col 3:5 KJV.
And likewise, "Mortify the deeds of the body", Rom 8:13 KJV.

Paul is clearly expounding the Parables of Messiah in those places:

Romans 8:12-14 KJV
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, [but] not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Therefore what is "the Spirit" in this context within which Paul speaks?
The Spirit is the Testimony of Messiah found in the Gospel accounts. :)
John 6:63

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

daqq

What was that sin-offering?

The Testimony of Messiah is the Bread of Life, the Living Water, and the blood of our covenant; and these three Testify because they are one, and that one is the Testimony of Messiah: one Testimony, the only Testimony approved and sealed from the Father above because that same Testimony was given to the Master from the Father above and was not his own, and yet, the Master paid for that Testimony with his own blood. The same Testimony of the Master is also the Spirit of Grace, (Heb 10:29), and anyone not having and holding the full Testimony of Messiah in uprightness and in truth neither has his blood of atonement because his Testimony is the blood of our covenant. Each and every one of his disciples and followers are therefore commanded to take up their own stake to follow him by way of doing his Testimony and teachings. In so doing we do APPLY his blood to ourselves, as has been said in two other of your recent threads now, and in applying that Testimony-Blood we do apply it to the symbolic side-posts and the headers or lintels of our own house-body-temples, (as commanded in Exodus 12). This can only be true by APPLYING his holy Testimony to ourselves, both inside, (drinking of that one Spirit), and outside, (hands, deeds, actions, outer house-body-temple), and thus we apply the Testimony-Blood of Messiah to our hearts, minds, thoughts, actions, deeds, lives, and our entire walk with the Master to the glory of his Father who is also our heavenly Father. This too is how we "wash our robes in the blood of the Lamb", (for the conscience is likened to a garment). And all of this is why in the Seder or Last Supper he speaks of the blood already being poured out; for it has already been poured out through his TESTIMONY and was continuing to be poured out as he spoke his continuing Testimony right there in the passages which record the statements he made concerning the Bread of Life and the two Cups of the Covenants which are mentioned therein. When he speaks of himself being the Bread of Life in the John passage quoted below it is past-tense, present tense, and future tense, and therefore not something physical he is going to provide at some later date with his literal flesh at Golgotha, (which is tantamount to theoretical cannibalism), and that is because it concerns his Testimony, which is Spirit, (as Marhig just quoted), and therefore his Testimony is the spiritual and supernal FOOD of Elohim sent down from the heavens to deliver us.

John 6:48-64 ASV
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
50 This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove one with another, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53 Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have not life in yourselves.
54 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father; so he that eateth me, he also shall live because of me.
58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven: not as the fathers ate, and died; he that eateth this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it?
61 But Jesus knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said unto them, Doth this cause you to stumble?
62 What then if ye should behold the Son of man ascending where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, and are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who it was that should betray him.

According to the last statement quoted above anyone who refuses to walk by the Spirit of the Testimony of Messiah, and yet claims to know, love, and follow his commandments and sayings according to the flesh; the same is nothing more than a carnal minded Judas betrayer seeking nothing more than a physical kingdom of physical and carnal things; and the same who walks according to the flesh will die by the flesh as even Paul warns in a previous passage already quoted in a previous post. Moreover John 6:58 in the above speaks in the past tense while speaking of the manna from the heavens in the Torah but not the literal physical manna found on the floor of the desert and eaten as literal physical food by those who died in the desert; no, but rather the supernal and spiritual manna which represents EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of Elohim, (Dt 8:3 KJV, Mt 4:4 KJV, Rev 2:17 KJV), and therefore the holy Testimony of Messiah is the Manna and spiritual food from the heavens; and that Testimony is SPIRIT, even the Spirit of Grace, (again, Heb 10:29), and therefore the same holy Testimony of Messiah is the blood of our atonement and blood of our new-renewed covenant: the same "new Spirit" which was foretold in Ezekiel 11:19, 18:31, and 36:26.

Matthew 26:26-28 ASV
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it; and he gave to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And he took a cup,
[Cup #1] and gave thanks, and gave to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out
for many unto remission of sins.

Mark 14:22-24 ASV
22 And as they were eating, he took bread, and when he had blessed, he brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take ye: this is my body.
23 And he took a cup,
[Cup #1] and when he had given thanks, he gave to them: and they all drank of it.
24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out
for many.

Luke 22:14-20 ASV
14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the apostles with him.
15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 for I say unto you, I shall not eat it, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he received a cup,
[Cup #1] and when he had given thanks, he said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 for I say unto you, I shall not drink from henceforth of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and gave to them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 And the cup in like manner after supper,
[Cup #2] saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Daqq,

Can you confess --

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

I doubt that you believe this at all.

LA

daqq

Daqq,
Can you confess --

1Pe 1:18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
1Pe 1:19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

I doubt that you believe this at all.

LA

Daqq,

When you believe that then you will realize Christ's death bought forgiveness of sin to men who were dead by the time of the cross.

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
Heb 9:18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

If you are not reconciled to God through Christs death then you can not be partaking of eternal life as you claim.

LA

When will you stop making false insinuations and accusations as you have now done again?
False witness and lying is the same as murders coming forth from your mouth.
The lying tongue is an abomination in the eyes of the Father, (Prov 6:16-19).
Why do you not believe the Testimony of the Messiah? (Mt 15:18,19).
It can only mean that you are not truly his, (despite your claims).

Does Dagg also reject the virgin birth?

I know he rejects this--

Me thinks Daqq is an unconverted Jew.

LA

You show your own true colors by trying to get revenge for being shown to be in error by way of the scripture. It is not me you are actually despising but rather the Word which refutes you to your face. You are only cursing yourself for not believing what is written: and now you are running around spreading false reports and bearing false witness all because of your selfish perverted desire to exact a vendetta when even that is rejecting Elohim, (who plainly says that vengeance belongs to Him). You show yourself to be unwashed, with eyes lifted up in pride, (Prov 30:11-14), so anything you might say about atonement is already shown to likely be in error just by way of your very own actions and deeds. Anyone can quote a passage of scripture but if you do not understand what it means then your posting it is really meaningless to anything you happen to say along with it. I believe everything written but that does not mean I agree with what you say it means when you post it: how hard can that be to understand? I suppose it might be difficult for one such as yourself, when you imagine yourself to have full understanding of everything, being the all-knowing one you must imagine yourself to be. But unfortunately for you, you do not have the actions and deeds to back up the faith you claim to hold, dear killer, and the epistle of James plainly says that even the demons believe, and shudder.

These are the only kinds of answers you are going to get from me because you are a hatemonger, a false accuser bearing false witness, and now running around like a tale-bearer trying to weave spells: and no doubt Elohim will eventually use your own hate against you to drive you into outer darkness where you belong. You do not deserve to know whether or not I believe the scripture you quote because you should have already believed me when I told you that I believe everything written in the scripture. As for casting pearls; I have a commandment, dear trampler.

marhig

The Testimony of Messiah is the Bread of Life, the Living Water, and the blood of our covenant; and these three Testify because they are one, and that one is the Testimony of Messiah: one Testimony, the only Testimony approved and sealed from the Father above because that same Testimony was given to the Master from the Father above and was not his own, and yet, the Master paid for that Testimony with his own blood. The same Testimony of the Master is also the Spirit of Grace, (Heb 10:29), and anyone not having and holding the full Testimony of Messiah in uprightness and in truth neither has his blood of atonement because his Testimony is the blood of our covenant. Each and every one of his disciples and followers are therefore commanded to take up their own stake to follow him by way of doing his Testimony and teachings. In so doing we do APPLY his blood to ourselves, as has been said in two other of your recent threads now, and in applying that Testimony-Blood we do apply it to the symbolic side-posts and the headers or lintels of our own house-body-temples, (as commanded in Exodus 12). This can only be true by APPLYING his holy Testimony to ourselves, both inside, (drinking of that one Spirit), and outside, (hands, deeds, actions, outer house-body-temple), and thus we apply the Testimony-Blood of Messiah to our hearts, minds, thoughts, actions, deeds, lives, and our entire walk with the Master to the glory of his Father who is also our heavenly Father. This too is how we "wash our robes in the blood of the Lamb", (for the conscience is likened to a garment). And all of this is why in the Seder or Last Supper he speaks of the blood already being poured out; for it has already been poured out through his TESTIMONY and was continuing to be poured out as he spoke his continuing Testimony right there in the passages which record the statements he made concerning the Bread of Life and the two Cups of the Covenants which are mentioned therein. When he speaks of himself being the Bread of Life in the John passage quoted below it is past-tense, present tense, and future tense, and therefore not something physical he is going to provide at some later date with his literal flesh at Golgotha, (which is tantamount to theoretical cannibalism), and that is because it concerns his Testimony, which is Spirit, (as Marhig just quoted), and therefore his Testimony is the spiritual and supernal FOOD of Elohim sent down from the heavens to deliver us.

John 6:48-64 ASV
48 I am the bread of life.
49 Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.
50 This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51 I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
52 The Jews therefore strove one with another, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53 Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have not life in yourselves.
54 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father; so he that eateth me, he also shall live because of me.
58 This is the bread which came down out of heaven: not as the fathers ate, and died; he that eateth this bread shall live for ever.
59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.
60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it?
61 But Jesus knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said unto them, Doth this cause you to stumble?
62 What then if ye should behold the Son of man ascending where he was before?
63 It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, and are life.
64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who it was that should betray him.

According to the last statement quoted above anyone who refuses to walk by the Spirit of the Testimony of Messiah, and yet claims to know, love, and follow his commandments and sayings according to the flesh; the same is nothing more than a carnal minded Judas betrayer seeking nothing more than a physical kingdom of physical and carnal things; and the same who walks according to the flesh will die by the flesh as even Paul warns in a previous passage already quoted in a previous post. Moreover John 6:58 in the above speaks in the past tense while speaking of the manna from the heavens in the Torah but not the literal physical manna found on the floor of the desert and eaten as literal physical food by those who died in the desert; no, but rather the supernal and spiritual manna which represents EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of Elohim, (Dt 8:3 KJV, Mt 4:4 KJV, Rev 2:17 KJV), and therefore the holy Testimony of Messiah is the Manna and spiritual food from the heavens; and that Testimony is SPIRIT, even the Spirit of Grace, (again, Heb 10:29), and therefore the same holy Testimony of Messiah is the blood of our atonement and blood of our new-renewed covenant: the same "new Spirit" which was foretold in Ezekiel 11:19, 18:31, and 36:26.

Matthew 26:26-28 ASV
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it; and he gave to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And he took a cup,
[Cup #1] and gave thanks, and gave to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out
for many unto remission of sins.

Mark 14:22-24 ASV
22 And as they were eating, he took bread, and when he had blessed, he brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take ye: this is my body.
23 And he took a cup,
[Cup #1] and when he had given thanks, he gave to them: and they all drank of it.
24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out
for many.

Luke 22:14-20 ASV
14 And when the hour was come, he sat down, and the apostles with him.
15 And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer:
16 for I say unto you, I shall not eat it, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God.
17 And he received a cup,
[Cup #1] and when he had given thanks, he said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves:
18 for I say unto you, I shall not drink from henceforth of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come.
19 And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he brake it, and gave to them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
20 And the cup in like manner after supper,
[Cup #2] saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood, even that which is poured out for you.
Yes, and Jesus also lived by his testimony, he didn't just preach it like many false prophets do, he also lived it out, and brought us a new and living way.

And when we believe in him, we are to turn from sin and live by the will of God as he did. Deny ourselves, bare our cross and truly follow Jesus. Shed our blood and strive against sin as he did. He shed his blood and died daily to his own will to do the will of God, he was a living sacrifice. And those born of God, who have his life made manifest within their hearts through the power of the Holy Spirit, are covered by his blood, they have his life and word in and through them, they are covered in him, and the love of God is seen through them and our flesh should be dying and we should be dead to our old life of sin, and God then sees the life of his son in us. And those who live by the will of God, will be striving against sin and will do so through faith, then God will strengthen us and help us to overcome, just as he did when Jesus prayed on the garden before he went on the cross, God sent an angel to strengthen him. And he will help all those who belong to him and through Christ strengthen them, to overcome the world as Jesus Christ did.

It wasn't the death of Jesus on the cross that saves us, it's being reconciled to God through him by the power of the spirit, and by his ministry of reconciliation, by the word of truth. As you say, his words are Spirit and they are life. He didn't need to die on a cross to save anyone, he was saving before he died on the cross. He saved all those who truly believed in him and in his word and who lived by it. And he is still saving through his people today, through those who bare witness to, and teach the truth.

He is saving those who believe in the truth of the word of God, through faith by the grace of God, and not by his death on the cross.

Life saves not death, death brings distruction and desolation, whilst life brings forth life and salvation!

It's Jesus' words (the word of God) that are Spirit and are life, they bring life not his death on the cross!

daqq

Yes, and Jesus also lived by his testimony, he didn't just preach it like many false prophets do, he also lived it out, and brought us a new and living way.

And when we believe in him, we are to turn from sin and live by the will of God as he did. Deny ourselves, bare our cross and truly follow Jesus. Shed our blood and strive against sin as he did. He shed his blood and died daily to his own will to do the will of God, he was a living sacrifice. And those born of God, who have his life made manifest within their hearts through the power of the Holy Spirit, are covered by his blood, they have his life and word in and through them, they are covered in him, and the love of God is seen through them and our flesh should be dying and we should be dead to our old life of sin, and God then sees the life of his son in us. And those who live by the will of God, will be striving against sin and will do so through faith, then God will strengthen us and help us to overcome, just as he did when Jesus prayed on the garden before he went on the cross, God sent an angel to strengthen him. And he will help all those who belong to him and through Christ strengthen them, to overcome the world as Jesus Christ did.

It wasn't the death of Jesus on the cross that saves us, it's being reconciled to God through him by the power of the spirit, and by his ministry of reconciliation, by the word of truth. As you say, his words are Spirit and they are life. He didn't need to die on a cross to save anyone, he was saving before he died on the cross. He saved all those who truly believed in him and in his word and who lived by it. And he is still saving through his people today, through those who bare witness to, and teach the truth.

He is saving those who believe in the truth of the word of God, through faith by the grace of God, and not by his death on the cross.

Life saves not death, death brings distruction and desolation, whilst life brings forth life and salvation!

It's Jesus' words (the word of God) that are Spirit and are life, they bring life not his death on the cross!

Amen, what his death did was to seal for all time the Testimony which he had already offered up daily as a living sacrifice wholly unto the Father. His Testimony represents his blood because it was his Testimony that they killed him for: he paid for that holy Testimony with his own blood even though it was not even his own Testimony, but given to him from the heavens, as John 3:27-29 teaches. That is why there is no other acceptable Testimony by which we may approach the Father; it can only happen through the Testimony of His Son which so many of these people here openly reject to their own MAD destruction. That is also why the rulings and judgments of the Sages, Sanhedrin, Elders, Pharisees, and Scribes were overturned, (dogmas in handwritten ordinances, injunctions, and official court decrees of the Yhudim designed to "put a hedge" around the Torah), for they put to death a Prophet of Israel for the last time, an innocent Prophet, the Prophet, who was foretold through Moses in Deuteronomy 18:15-22 and confirmed to be that same by Peter in Acts 3:22-26.

daqq

@marhig

This is one of the most beautiful sections written in the scripture:

2 Samuel 23:13-17
13 And three of the thirty chief men went down, and came to David in the harvest time unto the cave of Adullam: and the troop of the Philistines pitched in the valley of Rephaim,
[valley of the Giants].
14 And David was then in the stronghold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Beth-Lehem,
[House of Bread].
15 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me to drink of the water of the well of Beth-Lehem which is by the gate!
16 And the three mighty men broke through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Beth-Lehem that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto YHWH.
17 And he said, Far be it from me, O YHWH, that I should do this: is this not the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.

So we have herein the town of Beth-Lehem, which means "House of Bread", and thus we have in typology the Word, which is the Bread of Life. And what is within the House of Bread or Bread of Life which is the Word? There is a well of water, that is, Living Water, which is drawn from the well of Beth-Lehem, the House of Bread, or Bread of Life, which is the Word. The three mighties therefore break through the camp of the Philistines and draw Living Water from the Well of the Bread of Life, which is the Word, and they bring it back to David. But what does David say and do? He compares the Living Water, which was drawn from the well of the Bread of Life, to the blood of those three mighties who went in jeopardy of their lives to retrieve it. Their own upright actions and deeds, (and love for David, being "warrior friends" of the king), end up transforming the water into the symbolic equivalent to their own blood; and David not just pours it out but pours it out unto YHWH, and that makes it as if a symbolic blood offering unto the Father by way of the Living Water which was drawn from the well of the Bread of Life. The actions and deeds of the three mighties makes the water equivalent to their own blood because they risked their own lives to bring the king a cup of Living Water from the well of Beth-Lehem, the House of Bread, the Bread of Life, the Word, which is the Testimony. In this story we have nearly the whole account of true atonement: the Bread of Life, (the Word), the Living Water, (the Word), and the Blood, (Testimony because the water testifies to the deeds and actions of the three mighties). And the Testimony of Messiah is Spirit, and the Spirit testifies because not only is it the truth but because of the actions and deeds of the Master who walked according to his own teachings even to the death of the cross. Therefore the three testify: the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and the three are one because all three are the Testimony of Messiah in the symbolism.

Jerry Shugart

the holy Testimony of Messiah is the Manna and spiritual food from the heavens; and that Testimony is SPIRIT, even the Spirit of Grace, (again, Heb 10:29), and therefore the same holy Testimony of Messiah is the blood of our atonement and blood of our new-renewed covenant

The Lord's testimony is NOT the "blood of our atonement."

You do your best to undermine the death of the Lord Jesus upon the Cross. The only thing that you have respect for is your perversion of the Scriptures.

Anyone with the slightest bit of spiritual descernment knows that the word "blood" in this passage is NOT speaking of the Lord Jesus' testimony:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

The truth is not in you!

Jerry Shugart

It wasn't the death of Jesus on the cross that saves us, it's being reconciled to God through him by the power of the spirit, and by his ministry of reconciliation, by the word of truth. As you say, his words are Spirit and they are life.

You are as bad as daqq! You do your best to undermine the meaning of the Cross every chance that you can. Do you really think that anyone can be saved if the Lord Jesus did not die on the Cross?

Do you not know that no one can be justified in the eyes of the LORD apart from the Lord Jesus' death?:

"Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him" (Ro.5:9).​

You claim to be a Christian but the Lord Jesus speaks of you here:

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me"
(Mt.15:8).​

Your heart is a million miles away from Him.

daqq

You do your best to undermine the death of the Lord Jesus upon the Cross. The only thing that you have respect for is your perversion of the Scriptures.

Anyone with the slightest bit of spiritual descernment knows that the word "blood" in this passage is NOT speaking of the Lord Jesus' testimony:

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Pet.1:18-19).​

The truth is not in you!

That is the Christ or the Meshiah, the Memra, the Logos, the Word, and that is why it very clearly says "not redeemed with corruptible things" such as physical blood. Are you now saying that the Spirit Who the Anointed one spoke was not actually Spirit but rather physical? Do you also speak physical words? Do flesh and blood come out of your mouth when you talk? The Anointed one says his words are Spirit in John 6:63 and we know from Luke 4:18, quoting Isaiah 61:1, that the Spirit of Meshiah was that Spirit of the Father who rested upon the Anointed one whom you call Jesus. Why therefore do you neither believe the Anointed one nor the Meshiah Who spoke through him? The Anointed one also plainly tells you that he himself is not the Logos as has been shown to you many times. Why do you not believe his words in John 12:48 and John 14:24? Why do you not even believe what the passage you quoted actually says? It also says "as of a lamb" and not "a literal physical lamb". Why therefore do you interpret the Exodus Passover Lamb as a literal flesh and blood sacrifice when Paul clearly tells you it represents Messiah in typology? Do you not believe that Moses wrote of Messiah? Do you not believe the Torah prophesied as the Anointed one says in Matthew 11:13? Oh yeah, that's right, we have already been over all things things more times than can be counted now and you have rejected the Testimony of the Master every time. Unfortunately for you, without the Testimony of Messiah, you have no atonement but rather some dream theology which you concocted in your vain imagination to justify yourself in the machinations of your vain imagination.

Jerry Shugart

That is the Christ or the Meshiah, the Memra, the Logos, the Word, and that is why it very clearly says "not redeemed with corruptible things" such as physical blood.

When the word "blood" is used in the Scriptures in regard to the Lord Jesus it is used symbolically to refer to His deathmupon the Cross. Do you deny that His death upon the Cross served to reconcile man to the LORD?:

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight" (Col.1:21-22).​

Are you willing to argue that the word "death" in that verse is actually referring to the testimony of the Lord Jesus?

daqq

The truth is not in you!

So then, it is you who does not have the truth in you: and that is because you imagine yourself to be atoned and cleansed both inside and out by the physical corruptible blood of a man. But I understand the blood of my atonement to be the blood of Elohim, which is Spirit, even the Spirit of Grace according to the scripture as already quoted; and I drink from that Spirit every day. You however have no physical blood to drink, do you? And you have no flesh of Messiah to eat, do you? How then can you say you have atonement according to your carnal understanding? According to all the scripture that has already been posted, and especially the statements of the Master from John 6, you cannot have the Life of Messiah in you because you have never eaten his flesh nor drank his blood. Therefore, just as Paul says, you will die in your sins because you walk according to the flesh seeing all things according to the eyes and mind of the carnal and natural man. Meanwhile I have the Spirit-Testimony of Meshiah which is the blood of Elohim; yea, even the pure blood of the grape, for Meshiah is not only the Door, (of the Tabernacle), but also the Vine. I have the pure blood of the grape, a drink offering, (the Word), and the Bread of Life which is the Testimony-Word and the manna from the heavens, angel's food and "the flesh" of Meshiah, and I have the Living Water which is also the Word of the Father Who is the fountain of Living Waters. And what do you have to eat and drink? Nothing because you have your own life and lifestyle to maintain and you only see food and drink as physical in meaning. Food for the belly and the belly for food: go to now rich man, you will see to it! :chuckle:

Jerry Shugart

So then, it is you who does not have the truth in you: and that is because you imagine yourself to be atoned and cleansed both inside and out by the physical corruptible blood of a man.

Since you think that you have the truth in you why do you run and hide from the question I asked you about this verse?:

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight" (Col.1:21-22).​

Are you willing to argue that the word "death" in that verse is actually referring to the testimony of the Lord Jesus?