Election meddling is an attack worth starting a war

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People who didn't enjoy being ruled by hereditary kings, no matter how awful they were.
Couldn't they come up with something better? :idunno:

After four years, I'd be just getting the hang of a new job, then I have to leave?

Ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

rexlunae

After four years, I'd be just getting the hang of a new job, then I have to leave?

Ridiculous.

That's part of the reason we've traditionally elected smart people.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's part of the reason we've traditionally elected smart people.

:rotfl:

Yes, you got me good. However, the point remains. A few years on the job and then out is no way to generate stability and progress. What you'll get is a bureaucracy taking over.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Ridiculous.
Right. That's why Grant was so terrific, because he had two full terms.

And GW, of course...can't leave him out. Two glorious terms really transformed the office with that one.

Obama, he had a lot of time in office. I know how highly regarded he is by the right.

More seriously, we've had any number of presidents who did an enormous amount of good in their first term, even within their first 100 days, proving that if you're prepared and can lead time isn't really the prime mover. And if you're good enough to get enough done that the electorate wants you'll get more time on the clock. But after FDR, we decided two terms was enough for a president. Time to hand it to the guy you groomed if you've done a decent job, or time for the nation to push the reset and try again if your policies fail.

rexlunae

:rotfl:

Yes, you got me good. However, the point remains. A few years on the job and then out is no way to generate stability and progress. What you'll get is a bureaucracy taking over.

Yeah, if the United States would just ditch those dopey elections, maybe they'd actually accomplish something. Progress!!!!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
the problem is that anybody is allowed to vote, regardless of whether they're a drooling retard (hillary voter) or intelligent and well informed (trump voter)

keep the idiots out of the election process

rexlunae

the problem is that anybody is allowed to vote, regardless of whether they're a drooling retard (hillary voter) or intelligent and well informed (trump voter)

keep the idiots out of the election process

Clinton had a 9-point advantage with college-educated voters. The principle you're advocating would have stopped Trump.

ClimateSanity

Clinton had a 9-point advantage with college-educated voters. The principle you're advocating would have stopped Trump.

How many college educated folks know how to think for themselves? How many only think in the manner their profs and people in their bubble tell them is proper to think?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:AMR:

Maths?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How many college educated folks know how to think for themselves?
They're more likely to do it than people who haven't had any training in critical thinking. And they're more likely to do it than less intelligent people. Both of those constitute the majority of people who aren't college graduates, comparatively.

How many only think in the manner their profs and people in their bubble tell them is proper to think?
People who think that way tend to either not have experienced a solid education, or to be the sort who sometimes make it into public universities and learning annexes and lower the average for the rest.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wait. I'm still confused. Why do you think Koban's idea would have [EDIT]harmed[/EDIT] Donaldtrump?

Last edited:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It's an interesting line from someone reciting the party line of the anti-intellectual movement. When are you going to start thinking for yourself?

I can tell you are smarter than most posters. Are you an engineer., as in BS in Engineering? That degree takles real smarts, just like going into Physics, chemistry, or pre-Med.

I like conversing with smart people, even if they are liberal and atheist. I like it when the response has thought behind it. You will find that with some here, TH is pretty smart and so are some of the old gurad, like Knight, who is quite smart and Sherman is also level-headed and smart.

When you debate with those of little intellect, it quickly becomes a bore.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It's an interesting line from someone reciting the party line of the anti-intellectual movement. When are you going to start thinking for yourself?

I can tell you are smarter than most posters. Are you an engineer., as in BS in Engineering? That degree takes real smarts, just like going into Physics, chemistry, or pre-Med.

I like conversing with smart people, even if they are liberal and atheist. I like it when the response has thought behind it. You will find that with some here, TH is pretty smart and so are some of the old guard, like Knight, who is quite smart and Sherman is also level-headed and smart.

When you debate with those of little intellect, it quickly becomes a bore.