Election Day is finally here! Nov 8th 2016

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Okay, so how long are you going to stand by this:

I don't fully trust him yet either, but he's earned the shot and it doesn't matter now if I trust him or not.

So at what point will you be willing to revise that, IF you'd ever be willing to? What will Trump need to do for you to approve?

I doubt I will ever approve of Trump, overall, but that's because I simply don't agree with many of the policies and things he's talked about during his campaign. So assuming he stays true to it I won't approve.

However, part of why I don't think he'll do a good job isn't policy based, and those are areas where my view of him could improve. For instance, who does he put around himself and does he take advice. Another, does he act calmly and rationally instead of impulsively. Is he getting up at 3am and going on Twitter rants about who knows what. Does he go after anyone who criticizes him.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
A particular storyline that they try to get you to believe. One example of a MSM narrative is that trayvon Martin was an innocent child who was stalked by a white racist.

Another MSM is that a woman should always be believed when she accuses a man of rape or sexual assault . One caveat is that no Democrat or progressive should be accused of this crime if at all possible.

ok. Well, you responded to a sarcastic post I made about Trump and Putin so what MSM narrative did you think I bought into based on that?

Danoh

I doubt I will ever approve of Trump, overall, but that's because I simply don't agree with many of the policies and things he's talked about during his campaign. So assuming he stays true to it I won't approve.

However, part of why I don't think he'll do a good job isn't policy based, and those are areas where my view of him could improve. For instance, who does he put around himself and does he take advice. Another, does he act calmly and rationally instead of impulsively. Is he getting up at 3am and going on Twitter rants about who knows what. Does he go after anyone who criticizes him.

Some good observations there.

I myself have adopted a "let's see where he takes things..."

He is now our Commnader in Chief; we ought to respect that.

But this fool blindness of so many is just that.

The man has had an atrocious financial history dating all the way back to when his old man first introduced him to the world of buying and selling politicians to do his bidding.

But the worst of people have been known to completely change; and he has not been anywhere even near remotely the worst of people in history.

We'll just have to wait and see what the blind leading the blind have voted on us all.

I've known plenty of people - even killers - who, afforded a chance break; completely turned their lives around.

We'll just have to wait and see.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

I think President Donald Trump is deeply committed to a united people. He will change your mind, and those late night twitter entries are finished.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think President Donald Trump is deeply committed to a united people. He will change your mind, and those late night twitter entries are finished.
Even if he truly wants it he may have done too much damage during his campaign for that to ever happen.
If he's truly committed to it then one of the first things he should do is try to reach out to some leaders of the communities that he has demonized. Then it would be up to those groups to respond in kind.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

If he ends up making Bannon his Chief of Staff that won't be a step toward unity.

ClimateSanity

No, not a lapdog. They do seem to share an affinity for each other though, which isn't very encouraging.

Well. It is the MSM narrative. To be precise, the MSM wants you to believe that the affinity trump has for Clinton is potentially dangerous and bordering on treasonous. They want suspicion planted in your mind so that any actions dealing with Russia will be seen in that light.

The end result they want, is that once any deal is struck, you will be easily persuaded into believing trump is guilty of treason....hence worthy of impeachment.

ClimateSanity

Even if he truly wants it he may have done too much damage during his campaign for that to ever happen.
If he's truly committed to it then one of the first things he should do is try to reach out to some leaders of the communities that he has demonized. Then it would be up to those groups to respond in kind.

He didn't demonize any community. He was talking about illegal immigrants. It's following the law. He should not reach out to people who demand the united states is their country as a right. The united states doesn't belong to all people of the world. It belongs to those willing to follow the rules of immigration and willing to surrender allegiance to their country and their culture.

These rioting people want none of that. They own everything Mexico used to own and they refuse anything less than that. There is no coming together with that type of people.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If he ends up making Bannon his Chief of Staff that won't be a step toward unity.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN1390HL
Trump's pick of right-wing firebrand for White House job sparks outrage

Democrats, civil rights groups and even some Republicans slammed U.S. President-elect Donald Trump on Monday for choosing right-wing firebrand Stephen Bannon as a key aide, saying it would elevate the white nationalist movement into the top levels of the White House.

Making his first appointments since last week's upset win over Democrat Hillary Clinton, Trump picked Bannon as his chief strategist and counselor, and Washington insider Reince Priebus as his chief of staff on Sunday, saying the two would share the task of steering his administration as "equal partners."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-use-restraint-60-minutes-donald-trump-tweets-new-york-times/

After promises last week to curb his sometimes controversial use of Twitter, President-elect Donald Trump went on another of his infamous tweetstorms early Sunday, targeting the New York Times for their “BAD coverage” of his presidential campaign.

He just can't help himself, can he?