Donald Trump: Make Russia Great Again!

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
So Trump being quoted as saying, "I fired that nutjob Comey to ease the pressure on me," during a call with Russian officials doesn't constitute possible evidence of collusion to you?

I know I keep repeating that, but I haven't really gotten an answer

My answer is the same, where is your crime? What Trump said to the Russians was not a crime nor does it constitute a crime.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Ok well it seems to me like the dots are pretty easy to connect here. There's nothing else he could really be referring to by "ease pressure on me" in reference to Russia. Or do you have a suggestion?

OK, even if your right, you still have to prove a crime was committed, no? Saying dumb things is not a crime, in fact Trump says dumb things regularly but, it will take something substantive to prove that Trump, or his administration is guilty of anything illegal. There is an ongoing investigation whether he fired Comey or not but, the investigation that interests me is the domestic spying by the former administration, leaking of classified information by imbedded federal employees at the highest level, you might just find out Comey was one of them. I am not going to infer anything at this point, certainly not what pressure Trump was easing...an investigation on his administration & Russia, or an imbedded leaker running the FBI undermining him from within. At this point you don't know what Trump meant by the comment, and nor do I, I am not jumping to any conclusions before the evidence is in.

Greg Jennings

OK, even if your right, you still have to prove a crime was committed, no? Saying dumb things is not a crime, in fact Trump says dumb things regularly but, it will take something substantive to prove that Trump, or his administration is guilty of anything illegal. There is an ongoing investigation whether he fired Comey or not but, the investigation that interests me is the domestic spying by the former administration, leaking of classified information by imbedded federal employees at the highest level, you might just find out Comey was one of them. I am not going to infer anything at this point, certainly not what pressure Trump was easing...an investigation on his administration & Russia, or an imbedded leaker running the FBI undermining him from within. At this point you don't know what Trump meant by the comment, and nor do I, I am not jumping to any conclusions before the evidence is in.
Since we will know (hopefully) when Comey testifies Thursday, I am willing to wait before passing more judgement. Seems fair

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Since we will know (hopefully) when Comey testifies Thursday, I am willing to wait before passing more judgement. Seems fair

Like I said, don't be surprised if nothing of substance is offered, or at least nothing showing illegality. If it is a post firing hit job which is my expectation, we will revisit this Greg.