Does the Quran say that Jesus is God?

Greg Jennings

I was in conversation with Apple7, a Christian and a Trinitarian on this website, and he defended his view that the Bible and the Quran state that Jesus is God.

Does the Quran say that Jesus is God?

In short, no. Muslims believe Jesus to be second only to Mohammed in the prophet power rankings. But they most definitely believe he was NOT God

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ok well I don’t believe he is mentioned in the Quran. Could be wrong tho
And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
An-Nisah 4:157

drbrumley

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

Sounds like KeyPurr….except he won't admit it.

Greg Jennings

And I was wrong