Does the Quran say that Jesus is God?

Oleander

Apple7, either you were told a lie or you are not telling the truth.
Here is what the Quran said about Jesus:

5:17 In blasphemy indeed are those that say that Allah is Christ the son of Mary.5:46 And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.

5:72 They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode.

5:75 Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food.

Apple7

Apple7, either you were told a lie or you are not telling the truth.
Here is what the Quran said about Jesus:

5:72 They do blaspheme who say: "Allah is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with Allah,- Allah will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode.

لقد كفر الذين قالوا إن الله هو المسيح ابن مريم وقال المسيح يبني إسرءيل اعبدوا الله ربي وربكم إنه من يشرك بالله فقد حرم الله عليه الجنة ومأويه النار وما للظلمين من أنصار لقد كفر الذين قالوا إن الله ثالث ثلثة وما من إله إلا إله وحد وإن لم ينتهوا عما يقولون ليمسن الذين كفروا منهم عذاب أليم

Laqad kafara allatheena qaloo inna Allaha huwa almaseehu ibnu maryama waqala almaseehu ya banee isra-eela oAAbudoo Allaha rabbee warabbakum innahu man yushrik biAllahi faqad harrama Allahu AAalayhi aljannata wama/wahu alnnaru wama lilththalimeena min ansarin laqad kafara allatheena qaloo inna Allaha thalithu thalathatin wama min ilahin illa ilahun wahidun wa-in lam yantahoo AAamma yaqooloona layamassanna allatheena kafaroo minhum AAathabun aleemun

Certainly they whom disbelieved said: "Truly “allah”, he The Messiah, Mary's son,” and The Messiah said: " My son’s of Israel, you worship “allah”, My Lord and your Lord, truly him, he associates a partner with “allah” so certainly “allah”, he forbade on him the Paradise, and his home is the fire, and no wrongdoers from helpers.” Certainly they whom disbelieved said: "Truly “allah” a third (of) three.” And not from god except one god, and lest they do not refrain from what they say, a painful torture will touch whom they disbelieved from them. (5.72 – 73)

These ayahs tell us about what the disbelievers said.

They believe:

1) That “allah” is The Messiah.

Fact is, “allah” is not The Messiah. He never has been and never will be. Thus, the Koran rightly records this as a false statement.

They believe:

2) That Jesus said for Israel to worship “allah” along with Him.

Fact is, Jesus never once said for Israel to worship “allah”, neither with Him, or without Him. Thus, the Koran also rightly records this as a false statement.

They believe:

3) That Jesus associated a partner with “allah”.

Fact is, Jesus never once associated a partnership with “allah”. Thus, the Koran also rightly records this as a false statement.

They believe:

4) That “allah” is a third of three.

Fact is, “allah” is not a third of three, and neither is the Biblical Holy Trinity. Never has been and never will be. Thus, the Koran also rightly records this as a false statement, as well.

Apple7

5:75 Christ the son of Mary was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food.

ما المسيح ابن مريم إلا رسول قد خلت من قبله الرسل وأمه صديقة كانا يأكلان الطعام انظر كيف نبين لهم الءايت ثم انظر أنى يؤفكون

Ma almaseehu ibnu maryama illa rasoolun qad khalat min qablihi alrrusulu waommuhu siddeeqatun kana ya/kulani alttaAAama onthur kayfa nubayyinu lahumu al-ayati thumma onthur anna yu/fakoona

5.75 That The Messiah, Mary's son, except a messenger, the messengers had past/expired from before Him, and his mother (was) always very truthful, they were (B) eating the food; look/see how We clarify/explain to them the signs/evidences, then look/see where they be turned away.

The classic case of mistranslating the Arabic.

'No more than' is simply NOT a lexical possibility of the Arabic term 'illa' that is used in this ayah.

إلا = “illa”

“illa” definition:

Regarded as a simple word. If not; unless; except; some; otherwise; less; but; and; also. This word is used to signify the sense of exception. This exception is of two kinds: 1) Exception in which the thing excepted belongs to the same class or species to which the things from which an exception is sought to be made, belongs. 2) Exception in which the excepted thing belongs to a different class or species. It commonly governs the accusative. It also means not even.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. 76 - 78
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 27

'Illa', in fact places Jesus is a superior class all by Himself.

Apple7

5:46 And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.

The most correct rendering...

وقفينا على ءاثرهم بعيسى ابن مريم مصدقا لما
بين يديه من التورية وءاتينه الإنجيل فيه هدى
ونور ومصدقا لما بين يديه من التورية وهدى
وموعظة للمتقين

Waqaffayna AAala atharihim biAAeesa ibni maryama musaddiqan lima bayna yadayhi mina alttawrati waataynahu al-injeela feehi hudan wanoorun wamusaddiqan lima bayna yadayhi mina alttawrati wahudan wamawAAithatan lilmuttaqeena

5.46 And we caused to follow for the sake of their evidences on account of Jesus, Mary's son, fulfilling The Truth altogether manifest before Him from the scriptures of the Jews and Christians, and we gave Him The Gospel concerning Him, a victim for sacrifice, and light, and fulfilling The Truth altogether manifest before Him from the scriptures of the Jews and Christians, and a victim for sacrifice and an admonition for guarding against evils.

Apple7

5876563202_02143a9ed4.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
Here is the g-cut I dig-short cut, as I don't like long hair on men-I prefer an emo hairstyle, gay fringe:

undercut-side-sweep.jpg

Too bad not many of the men, whom I view on TOL, have this, but I will keep searching, looking at men's pics on TOL!