Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You have to like everything God says to faithfully like and adore Him. That was my point. You think you resist men, but you are resisting the true propositions of God, by wickedly misrepresenting the true propositions of God.

God is NOT the author of the sins of His creatures. Sin was brought into the world by Adam, not God. Romans 5:12

God has brought good out of this factual history, but those at enmity with God, look at the ugly, blame it on God, and never give Him glory for providing the remedy and victory over the bad (at His great cost & sacrifice!).
So if Adam and Eve could CHOOSE to eat of the fruit and sin, then they had free will right?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So if Adam and Eve could CHOOSE to eat of the fruit and sin, then they had free will right?

A&E had the ability to willfully make choices, but God forbid them from choosing to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

IOW's their freedom of choice was limited by God.

They were never "free" to disobey God.

But they did disobey God's will, and thereby they lost any "freedom" of will to benefit and help themselves, that they were first blessed with, and instead, their wills became enslaved to serving sin, death, and the devil from then on.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I'm not too sure about most of your points, but I am certain that GOD randomly chose nothing in regard to the direction and destiny of man.

So do Calvinists think these things that he has listed are correct? I'm especially interested in #8.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

No, this listing is incorrect.

These points are all meant to distract from the Reformed beliefs, and misrepresent our views.

Is not biblical language, so who knows what this poster means by using it?

God does nothing randomly.

God foreknew (intimately) those He chose to redeem in Jesus Christ. That is biblical language. Ephesians 1:3-12; Romans 8:27-35; Titus 1:1-2; I Peter 1:2

Eagles Wings

I'm not the one claiming that men cannot do anything other then what GOD wills them to do.

I can go find the link of the thread of where I got it and they can read the whole thing.

Done deal.

I like AMR just fine.
But I don't have to like everything he says to like him.
I forgive you for posting that clip. It does not matter when it was made or by whom. Not that you or anyone gives a hoot, but I shake the stinkin' dung off from anyone who thinks that clip is okay to post. Shame Shame Shame

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Eagles Wings

Looks as if we have a "Calvinist Convention" going on here. AMR and The Nangster. Two of the BIGGEST heavyweights of Calvinism on TOL. Together at last!
You got that right.

AMR and Nang are tops.

Oh yes!

I put these tops too, Brother Ducky. nikolai, Lon.

500 year Anniversary of the Reformation!

Glory To God!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Patrick - I haven't posted for a while and when I see a vile post such as Tambora's, I get sucked in again. Bless you for continuing to bring the good news for our God. May every blessing be yours and Glory to God, that He brings exactly those who are meant for His grace and faith, to Himself.
I appreciate the kind words. Thank you.

The sort of responses we are witnessing here in "answer" to points being made illustrate what we have long observed among the non-Calvinists. For the most part, rather than engage substantively, we are made to suffer all manner of invectives, poorly researched quotations absent surrounding context, dripping sarcasm laced with presumed self-righteousness, and naked opinions. When one has nothing really to add, an insult, direct or implied, seems to be what is in order. Sigh. Yet this is what we are taught from Scripture, that men faced with the truths of Scripture will gnash their teeth, growling at what confronts their error.

AMR

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
A&E had the ability to willfully make choices, but God forbid them from choosing to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

IOW's their freedom of choice was limited by God.

They were never "free" to disobey God.

But they did disobey God's will, and thereby they lost any "freedom" of will to benefit and help themselves, that they were first blessed with, and instead, their wills became enslaved to serving sin, death, and the devil from then on.

They were free to do this :chew:, or not

glorydaz

The sort of responses we are witnessing here in "answer" to points being made illustrate what we have long observed among the non-Calvinists. For the most part, rather than engage substantively, we are made to suffer all manner of invectives, poorly researched quotations absent surrounding context, dripping sarcasm laced with presumed self-righteousness, and naked opinions. When one has nothing really to add, an insult, direct or implied, seems to be what is in order. Sigh. Yet this is what we are taught from Scripture, that men faced with the truths of Scripture will gnash their teeth, growling at what confronts their error.

AMR

Come on, brother. You shouldn't talk about Nang that way. I'm thinking she's just going through a tough spell in her life (as we all do at some time or other). :wave:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

AMR
You were chosen by God

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

AMR
Let's not start thinking it is all one-sided.