Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
well and there is this:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.…

How can an infant or a miscarried child have faith and respond to the gospel of grace?

True. Therefore, it would be unjustified for them to be cast into Hell for eternity. The Holy Spirit draws ALL of humanity to God's plan of salvation. The Calvinist misinterpret the God of the Bible and preach "Another Gospel" and another god.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Calvinists believe that the Elect must first be regenerated before they can receive "Saving faith." That's the old "Cart before the Horse" idea. In reality, one must first hear the Gospel, then, accept or reject placing their faith in Christ. God gave us all, free will. Calvinists don't believe that. They believe that humanity is so corrupt, they don't want anything to do with God's offer of eternal life. Besides, the Calvinists will tell you, "God chose the Elect before the foundation of the world, thereby, choosing the rest for eternal damnation in Hell.

I also believe we have to be called first by the Spirit, in other words convicted of our sin and need for a savior before we can respond to the gospel, and that is the gift of faith, the realization of truth, when we hear the gospel, which we will gladly receive or reject.

That is WHY we have no excuse, because all have the opportunity, He draws all.

God knows who will be saved, and has before the foundation of the world and as such, knows who will be lost too. (those who will reject Him)

In no way does this diminish His sovereignty, rejection is only allowed in this life. Free will is limited, God is still in control.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I also believe we have to be called first by the Spirit, in other words convicted of our sin and need for a savior before we can respond to the gospel, and that is the gift of faith, the realization of truth, when we hear the gospel, which we will gladly receive or reject.

That is WHY we have no excuse, because all have the opportunity, He draws all.

God knows who will be saved, and has before the foundation of the world and as such, knows who will be lost too. (those who will reject Him)

I agree with all of that.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
True. Therefore, it would be unjustified for them to be cast into Hell for eternity. The Holy Spirit draws ALL of humanity to God's plan of salvation. The Calvinist misinterpret the God of the Bible and preach "Another Gospel" and another god.

I disagree, that they preach another gospel. Unless they are one that is teaching that election is the gospel instead of 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I fully agree, and where we differ us your word usage of if- there is no if, God draws us all, died for us all and offers salvation to all, He enables us to truth via the Spirit and we can then receive it, or reject it.
We can agree to disagree, sister.

I afford God the maximum view of sovereignty that He claims to Himself (e.g., Romans 9:14-26), not yielding a scintilla of man's cooperation in the instant of his re-birth (Jer. 9:23-240, such that God's inward call to His children is always efficacious via the working of the Holy Spirit (Eze. 36:26), creating in those so inwardly called the moral ability to irrevocably choose wisely, an ability that was not present before that instant of regeneration due to the consequences of Adam's sin. Those He so inwardly calls will not be lost to Him (John 6:39). Those not so inwardly called were never His sheep (John 10:26-29), nevertheless, the outward call of God to all men is to their duty to obey.

AMR

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
We have a "free will Gospel." We believe that one must first hear the Gospel, then, choose to accept or reject it. Calvinists don't believe that, therefore, they're guided by "Another gospel."

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They have a gospel that believes that God chose who would be saved before the foundation of the world and who would be damned. That's "Another gospel."

Its not a "gospel" to believe that, that is what the bible says. Its doctrine.

Ephesians 4:1 For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5 He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,…

What is His will? That men turn from sin and turn to Him.

1 Timothy 2:4 This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Also see:

Ezekiel 18:23
"Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

Ezekiel 33:11
"Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

Romans 11:14
in the hope that I may provoke my own people to jealousy and save some of them.

1 Timothy 4:10
To this end we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

2 Timothy 2:25
He must gently reprove those who oppose him, in the hope that God may grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We can agree to disagree, sister.

I afford God the maximum view of sovereignty that He claims to Himself (e.g., Romans 9:14-26), not yielding a scintilla of man's cooperation in the instant of his re-birth (Jer. 9:23-240, such that God's inward call to His children is always efficacious via the working of the Holy Spirit (Eze. 36:26), creating in those so inwardly called the moral ability to irrevocably choose wisely, an ability that was not present before that instant of regeneration due to the consequences of Adam's sin. Those He so inwardly calls will not be lost to Him (John 6:39). Those not so inwardly called were never His sheep (John 10:26-29), nevertheless, the outward call of God to all men is to their duty to obey.

AMR

And i disagree we add one thing to what He did, He grants the faith, we either retain or extend the gift He offers - if we reject it, in His sovereignty we will be forever separated from Him, no one will escape giving account, and they shall have no excuse because they will have received the truth via His Spirit. Ultimate fate is His alone to dictate which He does.

Him allowing us error in THIS LIFE, is necessary for us to freely love. Love isnt forced.

Would you have wanted to force your wife to love you, or for her to offer it freely to you?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Actually, it's your job to show that being once reconciled to God means you are "eternally saved."

Romans 11:29 For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable.

Hebrews 7:25 Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

John 5:24 Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever hears My word and believes Him who sent Me has eternal life and will not come under judgment. Indeed, he has crossed over from death to life.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
No one goes to hell to pay for their sins, they go for rejecting the payment made for them.

Do tell on that basis, how one believes they finish what He did, it was already finished before they were drawn and either received or rejected what was already finished. How does having an ability to love Him back, finish his work?

Seems you dont understand what others believe.
elects dont reject

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Stands to logical reason here, until one knows what sin is, what its remedy is, they cannot be held accountable for it, it goes against Gods nature. No infant can willfully sin.

I prefer to not ignore the consequences of Adam's sin upon all His progeny. If an infant, or the mentally incapacitated is elect, he or she will be saved. Believing parents may hopeper Scripturethat their child dying in infancy will be saved, but not demand it be so.

AMR

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Your use of scripture there is completely out of context, as romans 1:25 is speaking of creation itself pointing to Him, vs the world view that it all made itself and man worships the created instead of the Creator.

See what you snipped off in your zeal:

Romans 1:25

25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Does this deem you a goat since you used scripture in an incorrect way and lied about meaning?
sheep are not goats

Rosenritter

Its not a "gospel" to believe that, that is what the bible says. Its doctrine.

Ephesians 4:1 For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world to be holy and blameless in His presence. In love 5 He predestined us for adoption as His sons through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of His will,…

What is His will? That men turn from sin and turn to Him.

1 Timothy 2:4 This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Also see:

Ezekiel 18:23
"Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

Ezekiel 18:32
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

Ezekiel 33:11
"Say to them, 'As I live!' declares the Lord GOD, 'I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn back, turn back from your evil ways! Why then will you die, O house of Israel?'

John 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.

Romans 11:14
in the hope that I may provoke my own people to jealousy and save some of them.

1 Timothy 4:10
To this end we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

2 Timothy 2:25
He must gently reprove those who oppose him, in the hope that God may grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.

We've been all over those passages already. Or most of them at least. Especially Ezekiel. They get sloughed every time.