Do You Repent Daily

john w

Hall of Fame
I said
lol Do you know what regret means?

Slower...I stay on topic. Nope-you are wrong, as usual.

It means to change your mind, idiot. The context tells us of what change of mind is being discussed. Judas repented.

Get saved.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Slower...I stay on topic. Nope-you are wrong, as usual.

It means to change your mind, idiot. The context tells us of what change of mind is being discussed. Judas repented.

Get saved.

I said
lol What is wrong with you? Judas has nothing to do with it.

Get saved.
I said
Let me say this real slow. You asked for a biblical answer "change your mind" is not biblical.
Regret is biblical.

2 Cor 7:8-10
8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
(KJV)

Strongs bible dictionary
3338 metamellomai (met-am-el'-lom-ahee);

from 3326 and the middle voice of 3199; to care afterwards, i.e. regret:

KJV-- repent (self).

john w

Hall of Fame
I said

Get saved.
I said
Let me say this real slow. You asked for a biblical answer "change your mind" is not biblical.
Regret is biblical.

8 For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
(KJV)

Strongs bible dictionary

KJV-- repent (self).

Nope-you are wrong, as usual.

Get saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
I said

Get saved.
I said
Regret is biblical.

(KJV)

Strongs bible dictionary

KJV-- repent (self).

Another scammer, playing "The Greek/Strong's" con game, thinking you can merely look at "the Greek"(another scam)word, and translate it from Strong's, and wala, you've helped God out, with your expertise!!!!

Fine. I can play, too!

John 3 KJV
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:3 KJV....Strong's numbers indicating "the Greek" words:

Jesus <2424> answered <611> (5662) and <2532> said <2036> (5627) unto him <846>, Verily <281>, verily <281>, I say <3004> (5719) unto thee <4671>, Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>, he cannot <1410> (5736) <3756> see <1492> (5629) the kingdom <932> of God <2316>.

I translate it as follows, employing Strong's::

Jesus answered and bid them Amen, Amen, I tell thee, If not anything bringforth from the first he cannot perceive the kingdom of the godly.

Nuttin' to this Strong's/"The Greek" game..

Fraud.Scammer, as you know no "the Greek," cannot speak it, cannot write it, cannot understand it, and could not tell the difference between a "Hebrew National," and a gyro sandwich.

Get saved.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Another scammer, playing "The Greek/Strong's" con game, thinking you can merely look at "the Greek"(another scam)word, and translate it from Strong's, and wala, you've helped God out, with your expertise!!!!

Fine. I can play, too!

John 3 KJV
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:3 KJV....Strong's numbers indicating "the Greek" words:

Jesus <2424> answered <611> (5662) and <2532> said <2036> (5627) unto him <846>, Verily <281>, verily <281>, I say <3004> (5719) unto thee <4671>, Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>, he cannot <1410> (5736) <3756> see <1492> (5629) the kingdom <932> of God <2316>.

I translate it as follows, employing Strong's::

Jesus answered and bid them Amen, Amen, I tell thee, If not anything bringforth from the first he cannot perceive the kingdom of the godly.

Nuttin' to this Strong's/"The Greek" game..

Fraud.Scammer, as you know no "the Greek," cannot speak it, cannot write it, cannot understand it, and could not tell the difference between a "Hebrew National," and a gyro sandwich.

Get saved.

I said
What has happened to you? I haven't talk to you in a while, but your seem to have lost all reason and logic.
Again you ask me for the definition of repent------biblical and I gave it to you. Straight from the bible and a dictionary.

john w

Hall of Fame
I said
What has happened to you? I haven't talk to you in a while, but your seem to have lost all reason and logic.
Again you ask me for the definition of repent------biblical and I gave it to you. Straight from the bible and a dictionary.

You tried the Strongs/"The Greek" 3 card monty scam on me. I am on to that con job.

Get saved.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

So, no need to repent when living in the spirit. Squeaky, the carnal.

iouae

"3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit."

These scriptures say the same thing...
2Co 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If Christ is, NOW, sin for us, then we are, NOW, made righteous, meaning ARE reconciled ALREADY to God.

Squeaky always posts as if he needs daily reconciliation to God. He speaks as if there is a vast chasm of sin separating him and God, which every day he has to clear to be close/reconciled to God. If he thinks there is a chasm, then there is a chasm. Take Paul's advice and (2Co 5:20) be ye reconciled to God.

marhig

Oh yes there is, we are to repent whenever we sin before God, repent means to regret what we have done and turn away from doing it, for us that is sin.

And as our Lord Jesus taught us, we are to pray daily and ask for forgiveness as we forgive others, there would be no need to ask for forgiveness if we've already been eternally forgiven. We can turn back and we can be workers of iniquity and lick ourselves clean thinking that we are ok, if were not careful. But we are in danger of Jesus saying depart from me, I never knew you.

We are to do what's right before God and turn from sin and live by the will of God, and God will strengthen those who belong to him and help them to overcome through Christ.

marhig

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

If Christ is, NOW, sin for us, then we are, NOW, made righteous, meaning ARE reconciled ALREADY to God.

Squeaky always posts as if he needs daily reconciliation to God. He speaks as if there is a vast chasm of sin separating him and God, which every day he has to clear to be close/reconciled to God. If he thinks there is a chasm, then there is a chasm. Take Paul's advice and (2Co 5:20) be ye reconciled to God.
Reconciled to God does not mean eternally saved, we can also be cut off if we are rotten branches!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
One will repent a whole lot more while their in the Spirit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
IF? IF?

Eph 4:21-24
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts,
23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind,
24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.
(NKJ)

If you have crucified all your emotions.

Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
(NKJ)

If you have brought every thought in your mind to the obedience of the new testament.

2 Cor 10:3-5
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh.
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)