Do You Repent Daily

iouae

Reconciled to God does not mean eternally saved, we can also be cut off if we are rotten branches!

But notice how the branches are CURRENTLY attached to the vine or reconciled to the Source.

That is the default setting for being a Christian.

If (the Squeaky "if") we are very naughty, of course we can be cut off and the default setting changed to unreconciled.

But when I approach God daily in prayer, I approach with the attitude that God and I are friends, and He greets me with a big smile.

I don't approach God thinking He wants to smack me because He knows I have come from doing something wrong, and will probably go to do some more wrong. What kind of a relationship would that be if the child is fearing a clip across the ear hole every second?

marhig

But notice how the branches are CURRENTLY attached to the vine or reconciled to the Source.

If (the Squeaky "if") we are very naughty, of course we can be cut off and the default setting changed to unreconciled.

But when I approach God daily in prayer, I approach with the attitude that God and I are friends, and He greets me with a big smile.

I don't approach God thinking He wants to smack me because He knows I have come from doing something wrong, and will probably go to do some more wrong. What kind of a relationship would that be if the child is fearing a clip across the ear hole every second?

I believe in a similar way, but not quite the same. I reverence God, and i bow the knee of my heart to him, so I don't exactly treat him as my friend as such but respect him as my father in heaven. And that's the thing, we do go wrong, so in my prayers I say sorry and repent when I do, which is often (hopefully not wilfully). I don't say I repented when I said "i believe" and that's it for me, no more repentance. And I certainly don't say that I don't have to repent because Jesus has done it all for me and done all the obedience for me as some say.

When I realise that I've sinned, I know that I have to say sorry and turn from that sin put it right when I can, and pray to God to help me not to do it again, this is what I believe true repentance to mean.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
You have a bad attitude towards God. You must fear God.

Luke 1:50-51
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
51 He has shown strength with His arm; he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
(NKJ)

Luke 12:5
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
(NKJ)

Acts 13:16
16 Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, "Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:17
17 Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
(NKJ)

Rev 14:7
7 saying with a loud voice, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water."
(NKJ)

marhig

I said
You have a bad attitude towards God. You must fear God.

Luke 1:50-51
50And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
51He has shown strength with His arm; he has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
(NKJ)

Luke 12:5
5"But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
(NKJ)

Acts 13:16
16Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, "Men of Israel, and you who fear God, listen:
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:17
17Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king.
(NKJ)

Rev 14:7
7saying with a loud voice, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water."
(NKJ)
Yes I fear God too, I'm not foolish enough to take him for granted, it says in the Bible that God won't be mocked, and he doesn't take it lightly when we know the truth and don't obey him. I would definitely be afraid to wilfully go against God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes I fear God too, I'm not foolish enough to take him for granted, it says in the Bible that God won't be mocked, and he doesn't take it lightly when we know the truth and don't obey him. I would definitely be afraid to wilfully go against God.

I said
Then you have a good spirit.

john w

Hall of Fame
I said
lol Scam??? Bible dictionary---con job. Your really paranoid.

No, it's a scam, as you/others think that they can translate into the words of scripture, using Strong's.

John 3 KJV
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:3 KJV....Strong's numbers indicating "the Greek" words:

Jesus <2424> answered <611> (5662) and <2532> said <2036> (5627) unto him <846>, Verily <281>, verily <281>, I say <3004> (5719) unto thee <4671>, Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>, he cannot <1410> (5736) <3756> see <1492> (5629) the kingdom <932> of God <2316>.

I translate it as follows, employing Strong's::

Jesus answered and bid them Amen, Amen, I tell thee, If not anything bringforth from the first he cannot perceive the kingdom of the godly.

So, change your bible John 3:3 to the above.

I thought so. Scammer.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, it's a scam, as you/others think that they can translate into the words of scripture, using Strong's.

John 3 KJV
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Jesus <2424> answered <611> (5662) and <2532> said <2036> (5627) unto him <846>, Verily <281>, verily <281>, I say <3004> (5719) unto thee <4671>, Except <3362> a man <5100> be born <1080> (5686) again <509>, he cannot <1410> (5736) <3756> see <1492> (5629) the kingdom <932> of God <2316>.

Jesus answered and bid them Amen, Amen, I tell thee, If not anything bringforth from the first he cannot perceive the kingdom of the godly.

I thought so. Scammer.

I said
lol It appears your the idiot if you think you can translate scripture any way you wish. The first rule to any believer is to not think beyond what is written. And the second is don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses. And you have broken both rules.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

And the next time you ask for a biblical answer. Biblical means quoted Word.

john w

Hall of Fame
I said
lol It appears your the idiot if you think you can translate scripture any way you wish. The first rule to any believer is to not think beyond what is written. And the second is don't add one thing to the verses or take one thing away from the verses. And you have broken both rules.

[1Co 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
[Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.

And the next time you ask for a biblical answer. Biblical means quoted Word.

Fraud-it's OK for you to employ Strong's, in your "argument," but others cannot? Stuff it, you dishonest viper. No, I translated it right from Strong's, you clown, deceiver.

John 3 KJV

I thought so. Scammer.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Fraud-it's OK for you to employ Strong's, in your "argument," but others cannot? Stuff it, you dishonest viper. No, I translated it right from Strong's, you clown, deceiver.

John 3 KJV

I thought so. Scammer.

I said
You are an idiot. My original answer was these biblical verses. But if you will remember you were and still are blinded by bitterness. So I showed you in a bible dictionary the definition of repent. And again you were to blinded. Then you made up your own definition that wasn't biblical and said it was. your really loosing it.

[2Co 7:8-10
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance [leading] to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

john w

Hall of Fame
I said
You are an idiot. My original answer was these biblical verses. But if you will remember you were and still are blinded by bitterness. So I showed you in a bible dictionary the definition of repent. And again you were to blinded. Then you made up your own definition that wasn't biblical and said it was. your really loosing it.

[2Co 7:8-10
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while.
9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow produces repentance [leading] to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.
No, you employed Strong's as a part of your "argument," deceiver, and I addressed it, but you tried to "splain it away."

Fraud.

Get saved.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
No, you employed Strong's as a part of your "argument," deceiver, and I addressed it, but you tried to "splain it away."

Fraud.

Get saved.

I said
You ask the question in pt 110 I answered in pt112 you couldn't see it. So you said

The troll did not answer my question-just loaded up his "post away" gun, and spammed verses,which a monkey can do.

Define "repent," biblically.

So I answered it again in 116 you still couldn't see it. So I answered it with strongs in 147. And you were still blinded to it.
Now keep in mind you kept saying to answer it biblically. And I kept doing it. Because of your blindness you couldn't see the truth in the Word. So you called me an idiot. Which come to find out you are the idiot.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I said
You ask the question in pt 110 I answered in pt112 you couldn't see it. So you said

So I answered it again in 116 you still couldn't see it. So I answered it with strongs in 147. And you were still blinded to it.
Now keep in mind you kept saying to answer it biblically. And I kept doing it. Because of your blindness you couldn't see the truth in the Word. So you called me an idiot. Which come to find out you are the idiot.

You cannot explain to people who is not willing to listen.

All they want to do is belittle you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You cannot explain to people who is not willing to listen.

All they want to do is belittle you.

I said
I know. But I have seen a lot of bitter envy in here already. I see it when they try to use the word idiot. And then they wind up being the idiot.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Oh yes there is, we are to repent whenever we sin before God, repent means to regret what we have done and turn away from doing it, for us that is sin.

And as our Lord Jesus taught us, we are to pray daily and ask for forgiveness as we forgive others, there would be no need to ask for forgiveness if we've already been eternally forgiven. We can turn back and we can be workers of iniquity and lick ourselves clean thinking that we are ok, if were not careful. But we are in danger of Jesus saying depart from me, I never knew you.

We are to do what's right before God and turn from sin and live by the will of God, and God will strengthen those who belong to him and help them to overcome through Christ.

You need to because you are not part of the BOC

Read what you said in my sig

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I said
Then please explain.

I said

This person has already did that for you

These scriptures say the same thing...
2Co 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
2Co 5:19
To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

marhig

You need to because you are not part of the BOC

Read what you said in my sig

Nice judging there!

And I can't see your signature as I'm on Tapatalk. If it's about me, then oh well, think what you like and say what you like. God is my judge not you!