ECT Do you know being crucified with Christ means?

glorydaz

What CR doesn't grasp is that these things be accomplished for us and conferred readily upon ALL who believe, FREELY they are conferred.

He is still "struggling" to attain to them, to realize them.

He is rather cross with us because we got them the easy way...simply believing, simply receiving. But a little pondering would show him that freely is the ONLY way they can be got.....THAT in itself is the great difficulty for we have to lay aside our pride, we have to humble ourselves.

:first:

Interplanner

It is pointless to address what other people are like in their lives by contact only by internet posts.

If you have a comment about 'being crucified with Christ' please add that. The expression has often been used to create a general picture of a Christian's life apart from its original use against the backdrop of Judaism. The general picture doesn't really work because it seeds emotional repressiveness or a disdain for the body etc. where it was never intended by the NT.

Interplanner

The quickest way to clarify the meaning of Gal 2:20 is the following insertion:

"I am crucified [to Judaism] with Christ..." which is what he means in context and says as much in conclusion in 6:13-16.

OCTOBER23

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

What was required of Paul that of a truth, he could say this about himself and knew it was not a lie in the slightest? What was the prerequisite?

---------------------------------

Paul said, O WRETCHED MAN THAT I AM.

The Spirit in his mind from Christ condemned him when he sinned.

Cross Reference

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

What was required of Paul that of a truth, he could say this about himself and knew it was not a lie in the slightest? What was the prerequisite?

Not hardly. Try just being disappointed in himself.

Danoh

When reading Romans 7, it's first verse, Rom. 7:1, needs to be kept in mind, and in contrast to Rom. 7:4.

Rom. 7:4 is Gal. 2:19, 20.

Cross Reference

When reading Romans 7, it's first verse, Rom. 7:1, needs to be kept in mind, and in contrast to Rom. 7:4.

Rom. 7:4 is Gal. 2:19, 20.

"might" in vs19 being the operative word followed by Paul's rectification to his understanding by the Holy Spirit vs20 that gave him entrance into the Spiritual promise land of Roman 8.

Danoh

"might" in vs19 being the operative word followed by Paul's rectification to his understanding by the Holy Spirit vs20 that gave him entrance into the Spiritual promise land of Roman 8.

You "might" study the different uses for the word "might" as used by Paul. Likewise with his use of the word "should."

Cross Reference

You "might" study the different uses for the word "might" as used by Paul. Likewise with his use of the word "should."

Yep. Taken in context with the remainder of scripture, regardless of examples or types wherever illustrated, "might" stands right next to the little word "If".

Danoh

Yep. Taken in context with the remainder of scripture, regardless of examples or types wherever illustrated, "might" stands right next to the little word "If".

Sure, so long as said context is all Scripture this side of, and in light of, Romans 3:21's "BUT NOW the righteousness of God WITHOUT the law..."

Rom 7:

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Rom. 16:

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Cross Reference

Sure, so long as said context is all Scripture this side of, and in light of, Romans 3:21's "BUT NOW the righteousness of God WITHOUT the law..."

Yes. So why keep trying now to discredit my making the similarity? Would I mean it in any other way with any other consideration? I think not.

Rom 7:

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

We have been delivered from the power of sin. Why continue in them except our love TO God is NOT as strong because of the delights of the flesh are still yet not under control of our soul?

Rom. 16:

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Yes. And? Where is any of that in disagreement with my comments?

Cross Reference

Our cross is not the same as His and yet being crucified on it is purposed to bring about the same results as He accomplished for Himself and the kingdom of God.

bling

I don't know what crucified with Christ means
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

I am sorry no one has explained this to you. I do not like to just feed you an answer but would like to help you find the answer, so I will ask you questions:

If you had or have a young wonderful son and you had the choice between your being tortured, humiliated and murdered or having him before your eyes being tortured, humiliated and murdered which would you choose?

I know people like to take “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” and say God turned away from Christ while he was on the cross, without realize those words are to draw the Pharisees in the group at the cross to the diatribe of Psalms 22 where God is not leaving the suffer. From Psalms 22 and the fact Jesus talks to God while on the cross, how much pain was God going through while Christ was on the cross? Would God’s pain and suffering be even greater than Christ’s suffering at the time when God could have brought Him down?

God allowed Christ and Christ willingly went to the cross for us and because of us, so should His time on the cross have an even greater impact on us, those that caused Him to be there?

Look at Acts 2:36-38: Would 3000 have been baptized that day if Peter had not been able to say: “Whom you crucified”?

When you came to the realization that your personal sins caused Christ to be crucified did you experience the very worst possible feeling you could experience and still live like those in Acts 2:37, a death blow to your heart?

If it were not for the greatest love being shown for you at the same time you experienced the greatest pain you could suffer, how could you continue on with your life?

Do you view the cross with mixed emotions?

Cross Reference

I don't believe our "crucifixion" relies upon His but rather aids His purposes in the redemption of the world. Understanding His Life to step into it will give us the relationship that unites us to God.

Refusing to die to self is the anti-relationship with God.

"Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me?" Acts 26:14.

"Am I set on my own way for God? We are never free from this snare until we are brought into the experience of the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire. Obstinacy and self-will will always stab Jesus Christ. It may hurt no one else, but it wounds His Spirit. Whenever we are obstinate and self-willed and set upon our own ambitions, we are hurting Jesus. Every time we stand on our rights and insist that this is what we intend to do, we are persecuting Jesus. Whenever we stand on our dignity we systematically vex and grieve His Spirit; and when the knowledge comes home that it is Jesus Whom we have been persecuting all the time, it is the most crushing revelation there could be.

Is the word of God tremendously keen to me as I hand it on to you, or does my life give the lie to the things I profess to teach? I may teach sanctification and yet exhibit the spirit of Satan, the spirit that persecutes Jesus Christ. The Spirit of Jesus is conscious of one thing only—a perfect oneness with the Father, and He says “Learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart.” All I do ought to be founded on a perfect oneness with Him, not on a self-willed determination to be godly. This will mean that I can be easily put upon, easily over-reached, easily ignored; but if I submit to it for His sake, I prevent Jesus Christ being persecuted." . . . . Oswald Chambers

Cross Reference

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

I am sorry no one has explained this to you. I do not like to just feed you an answer but would like to help you find the answer, so I will ask you questions:

If you had or have a young wonderful son and you had the choice between your being tortured, humiliated and murdered or having him before your eyes being tortured, humiliated and murdered which would you choose?

I know people like to take “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?” and say God turned away from Christ while he was on the cross, without realize those words are to draw the Pharisees in the group at the cross to the diatribe of Psalms 22 where God is not leaving the suffer. From Psalms 22 and the fact Jesus talks to God while on the cross, how much pain was God going through while Christ was on the cross? Would God’s pain and suffering be even greater than Christ’s suffering at the time when God could have brought Him down?

God allowed Christ and Christ willingly went to the cross for us and because of us, so should His time on the cross have an even greater impact on us, those that caused Him to be there?

Look at Acts 2:36-38: Would 3000 have been baptized that day if Peter had not been able to say: “Whom you crucified”?

When you came to the realization that your personal sins caused Christ to be crucified did you experience the very worst possible feeling you could experience and still live like those in Acts 2:37, a death blow to your heart?

If it were not for the greatest love being shown for you at the same time you experienced the greatest pain you could suffer, how could you continue on with your life?

Do you view the cross with mixed emotions?

Christ went to the cross for us to be restored to God's purposes set in Himself; His Divine plan for man to become, what He is; an "heir of God and joint heir with Jesus". "We love Him because" He made it possible for us to love Him in HIS prescribe way; i.e., complete abandonment to Him that His Holy Spirit in us can then only return to Him, such LOVE. The Spirit of Jesus is conscious of one thing only__ a perfect oneness with the Father, and He says “Learn of Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart.” All I do ought to be built upon the sure foundation of His redemption unto a perfect [level] oneness with Him by the pursuit in "knowing Him". I posted this in another thread:

"Paul’s whole soul and mind and heart were taken up with the great matter of what Jesus Christ came to do, he never lost sight of that one thing (see l Corinthians 2:2)." In this it can be understood to mean Paul knew within himself that to pursue intimacy with God would bring the satisfaction he longed for. This is no different any righteous man before the cross would utter from his lips if put to the question of what he longed for.

Last edited: