ECT Do you know being crucified with Christ means?

glorydaz

Respective members of the boc are reckoned to be "crucified with Christ."

Thus, when the Lord Jesus Christ died, we died with Him. We were there. How's that, wacko John W? Survey the book of Ephesians, specifically(although it is a theme in all 13), and memorize "in Him," or "in Christ"-it is employed as a constant state of existence. Saints, members of the boc, are "in Him," not outside of Him watching, not walking beside Him. Saints are in Him. Our justification /salvation is in Him, not somewhere outside His existence.

Same with when the Lord Jesus Christ was buried-we were reckoned as being buried "with him," because we are "in Him"-united. We were not outside the tomb, but in it.

Colossians 2 KJV

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Thus, not only was the Lord Jesus Christ buried, but saints/boc members were buried with him, because we are in Him .

:e4e:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Thus, when the Lord Jesus Christ died, we died with Him. We were there. How's that, wacko John W? Survey the book of Ephesians, specifically(although it is a theme in all 13), and memorize "in Him," or "in Christ"-it is employed as a constant state of existence. Saints, members of the boc, are "in Him," not outside of Him watching, not walking beside Him. Saints are in Him. Our justification /salvation is in Him, not somewhere outside His existence.

Same with when the Lord Jesus Christ was buried-we were reckoned as being buried "with him," because we are "in Him"-united. We were not outside the tomb, but in it.

Colossians 2 KJV

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: 11 in whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: 12 buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Thus, not only was the Lord Jesus Christ buried, but saints/boc members were buried with him, because we are in Him .

Excellent

Danoh

Within what Paul is talking about when he relates his being "crucified with Christ" there in Galatians 2; he is referring to the fact that the Believer is not under the Law's system of Performance Based Acceptance before God.

That the acceptance before God that the Believer has THIS SIDE OF THE CROSS, and given that he is a Believer, is a result of what Christ , not of what the Believer, accomplished.

In other words, Paul is contrasting the Law's Performance Based Acceptance before God, with the Cross' Grace Based Acceptance before Him - Grace's "accepted IN THE BELOVED."

Whereas as the issue of how this Identity the Believer has IN CHRIST, is lived, is more the subject of, say, Romans 6.

DAN P

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20 (KJV)

What was required of Paul that of a truth, he could say this about himself and knew it was not a lie in the slightest? What was the prerequisite?

Hi and here is what Gal 2:20 really means and LITERAL TRANSLATION !!

I have been CRUCIFIED with Christ , yet , I am alive , ( It is ) YET not I but Christ liveth in me .

And the LIFE which I now live that I now live in the FLESH I live by the FAITH of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me !

#1 , The verb " I am Crucified " is in the Greek Perfect Tense and means that when you were also on the Cross with Jesus !

#2 , This also means as Jesus ONLY died Once you will ONLY die Once as Jesus will only die ONCE !!

#3 , This also is in the Present Tense of always being on the Cross and never die again as Jesus will never die again !!

#4 , It means OSAS !!

#5 It is also in the Passive Voice and means that all believers are PLACED on the Cross by the Holy Spirit !!

#6 Water Baptism , nor Purgatory , membership or MARY or any Saint dead or Prayers place anyone on the Cross !

#7 And the verb " I live " IS in the Present Tense as we are living our DAILY LIVES , means OSAS !!

But there are 6 more verbs in this verse !!

dan p

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
that is not what Jesus did

He died so we don't have to

Quite so, but He was also judged so that we don't have to, pronounced guilty so that we don't have to....He was standing in YOUR place....that's what crucified with Christ means...if you can grasp it by faith.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Colossians 2 KJV

But...but

wouldn't that mean we are seated with Him even now in the heavens

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."

What was required of Paul that of a truth, he could say this about himself and knew it was not a lie in the slightest? What was the prerequisite?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Do you wake up every day with these questions about what you should already know ?

You couldn't even word the OP correctly - Do you know being crucified with Christ means -

you forgot the word what - C'mon man

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Do you wake up every day with these questions about what you should already know ?

You couldn't even word the OP correctly - Do you know being crucified with Christ means -

What CR doesn't grasp is that these things be accomplished for us and conferred readily upon ALL who believe, FREELY they are conferred.

He is still "struggling" to attain to them, to realize them.

He is rather cross with us because we got them the easy way...simply believing, simply receiving. But a little pondering would show him that freely is the ONLY way they can be got.....THAT in itself is the great difficulty for we have to lay aside our pride, we have to humble ourselves.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

just another example of people parroting what is said in the bible
without understanding what it means
so
please explain it to us
if
you do understand what it means

Cross Reference

What CR doesn't grasp is that these things be accomplished for us and conferred readily upon ALL who believe, FREELY they are conferred.

He is still "struggling" to attain to them, to realize them.

He is rather cross with us because we got them the easy way...simply believing, simply receiving. But a little pondering would show him that freely is the ONLY way they can be got.....THAT in itself is the great difficulty for we have to lay aside our pride, we have to humble ourselves.

In your blindness you have traveled so far from the truth of Jesus Christ I doubt you will ever find your way back to Him in the sense it will profit either Him or you.

Cross Reference

This is what in writing the OP I hoped you all might grasp. The below are the lyrics of a song that might cause you all to reconsider your traditional religious replies that the understanding of "giving up our rights to ourselves", doesn't lie in the issue of salvation except as God would have to be about Him . . .not us:

Follow Me

I traveled on a lonely road and no one seemed to care.
The burden on my weary back had bowed me to despair;
I oft complained to Jesus how folks were treating me,
And then I heard Him say so tenderly,
"My feet were also weary, upon the Calvary road;
The cross became so heavy, I fell beneath the load,
Be faithful weary pilgrim the morning I can see,
Just lift your cross and follow close to me."

"I work so hard for Jesus" I often boast and say
"I've sacrificed a lot of things to walk the narrow way,
I gave up fame and fortune, I'm worth a lot to Thee"
And then I hear Him gently say to me,
"I left the throne of glory and counted it but loss,
My hands were nailed in anger upon a cruel cross,
But now we'll make the journey with your hand safe in mine,
So lift your cross and follow close to me.

Oh Jesus if I die upon a foreign field someday,
'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay,
"No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die"
These are the words He gently spoke to me,
"If just a cup of water I place within your hand
Then just a cup of water is all that I demand.
But if by death to living they can Thy glory see,
I'll take my cross and follow close to Thee.

Cross Reference

My bad for expecting you to forgive such errors. I drop more words than I care to admit. Even proof reading is no guarantee I will come away clean. I can reread and still not catch them all. I do however, try real hard so as not to offend anyone who can't handle it.