ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Cuts and pastes out of the context of Holy Scripture in order to change the teaching of Holy Scripture, is a terrible sin.
What about the text did I change? NOTHING! You just don't believe the verse could possibly mean what it says! You want context, you got it!

Paul is rebuking the Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

1 Corinthians 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

When they came together it was not to eat the Lord's supper. It is possible though, that this is what they were calling it.

1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
1 Corinthians 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

Here they were eating and drinking in front of the church of God who had nothing (those in the church of God had sold out which is a topic all it's own)! Paul was rebuking them.

1 Corinthians 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
Paul is going to be recalling the same night in which the Lord was betrayed.
1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Paul is still speaking of that night which the Lord was betrayed. He is NOT instructing the Corinthians to partake of the Lord's supper in remembrance of Him.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Again, Paul is talking of the night the Lord was betrayed. He is not instructing the Corinthians to do it "til He come".

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Here's where you have BIG problems saying the Lord's supper is to the church, the Body of Christ:

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
So if we eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord UNWORTHILY we are guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? Come on! THINK! How could a member of the Body of Christ be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
Here again, another BIG problem for those who would say the Lord's supper is TO the Body of Christ.
1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
If I, a member of the Body of Christ eateth and drinketh unworthily I eateth and drinketh damnation to myself not discerning the Lord's body???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1 Corinthians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1 Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

When reading of the same night in which the Lord was betrayed, who was the only one that ate of the bread, drank of the cup, was guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? Who is the one that ate and drank unworthily, ate and drank damnation unto himself, not discerning the Lord's body? There's only one...Judas Iscariot!

It was not a "sacrament" for the Corinthians anymore than it is for us!

Shame on you for daring to alter God's Word, only to sell a lie.
I didn't alter it one bit! Why do you act as though I did? Get your emotions in check and come back when you have calmed down.

Very bad stuff, folks!
No, it's sound doctrine (Titus 2:1 KJV).

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Madist do not even pay attention to Paul or Jesus.
You bear false witness.
MAD recognizes that things that differ are not the same.
We recognize that everything commissioned the 12 to do was not the same as what Paul was commissioned to do.

Does this command of Jesus to the 12 apply to you today?
Was Paul to follow this command of Jesus?

Matthew 10:5 KJV
(5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

Things change, Dodge.
To try and say that everything remained the same is not paying attention to scripture.
Jesus' commission to Paul was not the same as His commission to the 12, as shown above.
Recognizing the changes and differences is not "ignoring" scripture. Otherwise it could just as easily be said that you ignore Matt 10:5.
You don't "ignore" it, you just don't follow that command BECAUSE things changed.
Trying to make all the commands of Jesus the same for all in all ages is downright stupid.

dodge

Hi and just where does Paul say YOU must be BORN AGAIN , with a verse ??

dan p

Paul was a disciple of Jesus and Jesus said you must be born again.

Do you believe Paul taught a different message than Jesus ?

Act 26:18
To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, but to be obedient to Jesus anyone that names His name will do as He commanded .

I personally believe that most ( not all ) folks that get baptized are already saved and are making a public proclamation of a change that has already happened.

Jesus said if you deny me before men I will deny you before my Father.

Then you do agree that what the Lord instructed the twelve to do while on earth is different that what the Lord from heaven instructed Paul to do later on.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The Lord's command in Mark is exactly what Peter instructed in Acts 2:38:

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

On the other hand, Paul says this after the transition:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
1Co 15:5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Eph 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

DAN P

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Hi and give me that verse that says Paul was a disciple of the earthly Jesus ??!

dan p

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You speculate about Paul and misrepresent his words quite badly.
Really?
So Paul lied when he said he was not sent to baptize?
Paul was fibbing when he thanked GOD he did not baptize others besides the two guys?
I think Paul was truthful.

I hope the Holy Spirit convicts you of wrongly teaching, for the judgment against you will be very bad if you do not repent.
This if fun.

dodge

Good question.

Asked and answered in post # 100

No, but to be obedient to Jesus anyone that names His name will do as He commanded .

I personally believe that most ( not all ) folks that get baptized are already saved and are making a public proclamation of a change that has already happened.

Jesus said if you deny me before men I will deny you before my Father.

dodge

Really?
So Paul lied when he said he was not sent to baptize?
Paul was fibbing when he thanked GOD he did not baptize others besides the two guys?
I think Paul was truthful.

I hope the Holy Spirit convicts you of wrongly teaching, for the judgment against you will be very bad if you do not repent.
This if fun.

So what happened with Crispus and Gaius whom Paul says he baptized ?

heir

TOL Subscriber
When speaking to Nicodemus the Lord said "thee", but then says "ye" in regards to being born again, the ye being plural. Would that not indicate that a corporate event of "born again" will take place?

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Paul never once used the term born again nor of a corporate salvation. Is it up to each individual to receive/believe the gospel of Christ by faith in order to be saved.

DAN P

Hi and then you DO KNOW how Paul was saved , RIGHT !!

Tell me HOW !!

DAN P

dodge

Hi and give me that verse that says Paul was a disciple of the earthly Jesus ??!

dan p

Why do you ask questions you really only want to nit pick and look for something to disagree with.

Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and from that time on Paul was a disciple of and an Apostle of Jesus.

I never even implied that Paul was a disciple of an earthly Jesus. Paul was to busy having Christians imprisoned and killed after the resurrection of Jesus , and before before Jesus saved him much later.

dodge

Hi and then you DO KNOW how Paul was saved , RIGHT !!

Tell me HOW !!

DAN P

Dan , if you want to follow Paul and ignore everything Jesus taught while He walked the earth go for it, but you severely limit your walk and understanding of what Jesus actually taught.

heir

TOL Subscriber
commanded to whom?

Why do you place yourself in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John/the Hebrew epistles? You're not in there! Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV

DAN P

Why do you ask questions you really only want to nit pick and look for something to disagree with.

Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus and from that time on Paul was a disciple of and an Apostle of Jesus.

I never even implied that Paul was a disciple of an earthly Jesus. Paul was to busy having Christians imprisoned and killed after the resurrection of Jesus , and before before Jesus saved him much later.

Hi and that is what they called Paul " A SEED PICKER " so then How were you saved and IF you know , then How was Paul saved ??

dan p

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So what happened with Crispus and Gaius whom Paul says he baptized ?

It obviously took place in the midst of the transition when Paul was in Corinth.

Act 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

dodge

commanded to whom?

Why do you place yourself in Matthew, Mark, Luke, John/the Hebrew epistles? You're not in there! Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV

Unlike many Those who follow Jesus actually believe HE meant what HE taught.

heir

TOL Subscriber
This should remind you that because of Paul's blasphemy against the Holy Ghost he could not have been forgiven neither in that world, neither in the world to come (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV) and yet he was (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV)! That's different!

dodge

It obviously took place in the midst of the transition when Paul was in Corinth.

Act 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Changes NOTHING Paul baptized folks !