ECT Do those who believe MAD believe the Apostle Paul was a liar ?

God's Truth

"Secrets" hatched in her own little mind.:AMR:

Jesus reveals to certain people.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

glorydaz

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

So did you find some golden tablets in the desert, too?

You're seriously beginning to worry me, God's UNtruth. When people start thinking they're receiving special revelations from above, they're in danger of becoming psychotic, delusional, and a threat to their fellow human beings. Maybe we should call in the guy with the butterfly net. :think:

God's Truth

So did you find some golden tablets in the desert, too?

You're seriously beginning to worry me, God's UNtruth. When people start thinking they're receiving special revelations from above, they're in danger of becoming psychotic, delusional, and a threat to their fellow human beings. Maybe we should call in the guy with the butterfly net. :think:

So obeying Jesus' powerful words scare you that much?

You sound more like the dangerous one.

glorydaz

So obeying Jesus' powerful words scare you that much?

You sound more like the dangerous one.

No, I understand the difference between the law Jesus preached while here in the flesh, and what He revealed to Paul after He'd ascended.

That you think He's revealing the law all over again is a bit scary. Had you not been told countless times, I wouldn't worry, but you have been....thus you have no excuse except that you're under some odd delusion.

God's Truth

No, I understand the difference between the law Jesus preached while here in the flesh, and what He revealed to Paul after He'd ascended.

That you think He's revealing the law all over again is a bit scary. Had you not been told countless times, I wouldn't worry, but you have been....thus you have no excuse except that you're under some odd delusion.

I don't preach the old law, scared one.

Lon

Okay, but what is the message? Before you can teach me about this I have to know a lot of "who's" "what's" and "whys."
1) Who are the certain people you are talking about and why is it important to this verse?
2) Which commandments? Which ones? All of them?
3) Make triple sure you know these answers before sharing them with me (not because I am gong to nail you or anything, but you are talking about very serious matters and NEED to be exactly right). It is incredibly important.

dodge

Of course you do...ie the commandments written in stone.

2Co 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

glorydaz

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Yep. And your point?

Danoh

They were in the flesh; looking at things according to the flesh.

Thus their insistence on "letters of commendation" - not only from Paul, of all people, but and or to him, from them.

The condition based acceptance of those yet carnal - that is "meet our flesh based standard and we'll high five you just like we do one another against others."

The old...

2 Corinthians 10:10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.

Paul's outlook in response to.that nonsense?

10:11 Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present. 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. 10:13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.

Sounds like those carnal old Corinthians needed to repent of their sin pronto, or lose their salvation.

Nope.

For his response to these carnal, or in the flesh Corinthians, is the oddest thing to say to them - if - ye, (that is to say, you and yours in your) works based acceptance error, are correct.

Instead of telling them they need to repent, or whatever, he tells them YE - you and yours, are OUR letter of commendation.

How's that for an oddball of a response from the Apostle of the Gentiles to these carnal Corinthians?

He doesn't pull out your and yours "be all that you can be" foolishness in the flesh so that the Lord can THEN accept you.

Instead, he reminds them that they and he BOTH belong to God.

That BOTH they and Paul ARE the result of what GOD HIMSELF has done in their spirit or heart BY the Spirit of God.

That HE (The Spirit) is BOTH their sufficiency.

That HE is the One who has enabled them to walk in the power of the Spirit that the New Testament promises will one day ALSO liberate Israel from their blindness and from the bondage of their flesh.

Israel's via their Promise of the Spirit in a New Testament; the Body's, said Promise of the Spirit "through Christ" directly.

But hey, if YE want to replace that with some old man Chuck Norris' Total Gym in your own strength in the flesh, well, have at it, dodge.

You and yours.

Don't forget the marshmellows.

As for those who know better; who know their sufficiency is of God, not in us?

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the LORD.

Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

They were in the flesh; looking at things according to the flesh.

Thus their insistence on "letters of commendation" - not only from Paul, of all people, but and or to him, from them.

The condition based acceptance of those yet carnal - that is "meet our flesh based standard and we'll high five you just like we do one another against others."

The old...

2 Corinthians 10:10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.

Paul's outlook in response to.that nonsense?

10:11 Let such an one think this, that, such as we are in word by letters when we are absent, such will we be also in deed when we are present. 10:12 For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. 10:13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.

Sounds like those carnal old Corinthians needed to repent of their sin pronto, or lose their salvation.

Nope.

For his response to these carnal, or in the flesh Corinthians, is the oddest thing to say to them - if - ye, (that is to say, you and yours in your) works based acceptance error, are correct.

Instead of telling them they need to repent, or whatever, he tells them YE - you and yours, are OUR letter of commendation.

How's that for an oddball of a response from the Apostle of the Gentiles to these carnal Corinthians?

He doesn't pull out your and yours "be all that you can be" foolishness in the flesh so that the Lord can THEN accept you.

Instead, he reminds them that they and he BOTH belong to God.

That BOTH they and Paul ARE the result of what GOD HIMSELF has done in their spirit or heart BY the Spirit of God.

That HE (The Spirit) is BOTH their sufficiency.

That HE is the One who has enabled them to walk in the power of the Spirit that the New Testament promises will one day ALSO liberate Israel from their blindness and from the bondage of their flesh.

Israel's via their Promise of the Spirit in a New Testament; the Body's, said Promise of the Spirit "through Christ" directly.

------
Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

I still don't see what they are trying to claim, but apparently you do. Thanks for the response. :)