aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Russia is an ally -

...Of Donald Trump.

Finished that for ya.

This is the simplest explanation of why Putin is so opposed to NATO

Putin's suspicion of NATO can be boiled down to one simple explanation: geography.

At the height of the Cold War and the Soviet Union's power, the USSR and its allied Warsaw Pact countries encompassed half of Europe and almost the entirety of Central Asia. But after the demise of the USSR in 1989, lands once within Moscow's orbit quickly peeled away to join NATO.

Today, only Belarus remains firmly within Moscow's influence, and even that partnership has teetered recently.

For Putin, the peeling away of countries from Russia towards NATO comes as both an existential threat and a personal insult. As a former agent in the KGB and an avowed nationalist, Putin has dreams of resurrecting the glories of Imperial Russia — a goal that is seriously hampered by the inclusion of what Putin would deem rightful Russian lands, such as the Baltics, into the NATO alliance.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/simplest-explanation-of-why-putin-hates-nato-2015-2

You might recall (actually, you're just a Donald Trump cheerleader, so you probably don't recall) Donald Trump saying that he would "certainly look at" the US pulling out of NATO.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/05/whats-trumps-position-on-nato/

Tyrants of a feather flock together.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You might recall (actually, you're just a Donald Trump cheerleader, so you probably don't recall) Donald Trump saying that he would "certainly look at" the US pulling out of NATO.
Yes, I recall. It's because NATO is outdated and other countries must pay their fair share - that's what Donald wants

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, I recall. It's because NATO is outdated and other countries must pay their fair share - that's what Donald wants

Wait, should the US get out of NATO because it's supposedly "outdated", or should the US stay in and other countries pay their fair share? Your boy Donald, as seen in the article that I linked, changes his mind a lot on this subject too.

Too bad Donald Trump doesn't talk about getting out of the United Nations.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
As I've pointed out in another thread, you've been unable to find that parallel example that make the comparison valid. So, go ahead and believe that, I don't think there's a thing in the world that could change your mind, and I don't care to try again. But you are wrong.

Actually no I am not wrong, Comey admitted as much, the only thing that is wrong here is she is not being held into account for her crimes. Hopefully ole Julian over at wikileaks may sink her ship yet. :thumb:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
What a chaotic convention! I am kind of under the impression that The Democrats will not find unity this week....:chuckle:

It turned out they found more unity than the GOP did at theirs. And Trump's press conference to steal the limelight (can't have the news not be all about him, you know) didn't do him any favors, with him encouraging Russian hackers. Just another example of what a loose cannon this guy is. His handlers must be pulling their hair out.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't forget, she is not fired. She got a raise and was hidden because they got caught. She works for Mrs Bill Clinton, still.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't hear myself called "open-minded" very often. But, ultimately, I didn't know what the point of your post was.

I stand corrected: Like Nick M., CatfishCrusader and rocketman, you appear to be yet another non-thinking Donald Trump lemming.

On that note: Are you at all concerned about Putin-Trump connections?

Mr. 5020

I stand corrected: Like Nick M., CatfishCrusader and rocketman, you appear to be yet another non-thinking Donald Trump lemming.

On that note: Are you at all concerned about Putin-Trump connections?
"Correct" is something I am starting to think you don't experience often.

I am #NeverTrump.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Correct" is something I am starting to think you don't experience often.

I am #NeverTrump.

Shhhhh, the diehard Trump lemmings might hear you and come and rough you and your family up.

BTW: I missed your comments on the Putin-Trump connection. Does that concern you?

Mr. 5020

Shhhhh, the diehard Trump lemmings might hear you and come and rough you and your family up.

BTW: I missed your comments on the Putin-Trump connection. Does that concern you?
In the grand scheme of concerns I have about both candidates, it is pretty far down the list.