DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention following Wikileaks fallout

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention following Wikileaks fallout

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/22/politics/dnc-wikileaks-emails/

(CNN)The head of the Democratic National Committee will not speak at the party's convention next week, a decision reached by party officials Saturday after emails surfaced that raised questions about the committee's impartiality during the Democratic primary.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz, whose stewardship of the DNC has been under fire through most of the presidential primary process, will not have a major speaking role in an effort "to keep the peace" in the party, a Democrat familiar with the decision said. The revelation comes following the release of nearly 20,000 emails

One email appears to show DNC staffers asking how they can reference Bernie Sanders' faith to weaken him in the eyes of Southern voters. Another seems to depict an attorney advising the committee on how to defend Hillary Clinton against an accusation by the Sanders campaign of not living up to a joint fundraising agreement.

Wasserman Schultz is expected to gavel the convention in and out, but not speak in the wake of the controversy surrounding the leaked emails, a top Democrat said.

"She's been quarantined," another top Democrat said, following a meeting Saturday night.

This is seen as a concession to Sanders, who has been furious at Wasserman Schultz for what he believed was favoritism to Clinton.

The Democrat familiar with the decision said it was done in hopes of preventing chaos on the convention floor among Sanders supporters.

The decision was blessed by Clinton and Sanders officials, this Democrat said

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
CoJNRhRUkAAzPdY.jpg

Since you're by far the busiest (in fact, the top poster) in this thread I presume you're talking about yourself:

Is Homosexuality a Disorder?
Who Posted?

But I don't ignore others.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
:chuckle: This week should prove to be humorous all around. Schultz is stepping down now, the cracks are beginning to show, and this convention has not even started yet...I love it! What a circus. :chuckle:

Mr. 5020

:chuckle: This week should prove to be humorous all around. Schultz is stepping down now, the cracks are beginning to show, and this convention has not even started yet...I love it! What a circus. :chuckle:
You think there's any chance that Sen. Sanders recants his endorsement like so many think he should?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You think there's any chance that Sen. Sanders recants his endorsement like so many think he should?

I think anything could happen at this point, I wasn't going to watch the libs but, with this level of drama how could I not? :chuckle:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
It is funny that Liberals are just as disingenuous to their own as they are to their competition, I guess they are consistent on something, they have absolutely cheated Bernie Sanders along with 46% of their electorate, how do they unify the party around the corrupt, lying, felon when they all know that the entire thing was a rigged game from the get go. Way too funny...:rotfl:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The left has lost plausible deniability in other areas. They will just replace her and continue doing the same thing. Or rename her and send her back out there.

jeffblue101

nope just the DNC gravy train coming full circle
Hillary Immediately Brings Disgraced DNC Chair Onto Her Campaign!
HILLARY-EMAIL.jpg
Like President Obama, Hillary offers no apology or even acknowledgment that it was wrong of the DNC to rig the election against Senator Sanders. Instead, she praises DWS and gives her a new job. ON HER CAMPAIGN.

If that isn't a middle finger to the Bernie Sanders voters, I don't know what is.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The sad part is, there are still people in Kentucky and West Virginia that will still vote for Mrs Clinton. Including atheists and Jews.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It might may no difference, but for KY and WVA can we get someone to ask his belief,Does he believe in a God. He had skated on saying he has a Jewish heritage. I think I read he is an atheist. This could make several points difference with my peeps. My Southern Baptist peeps would draw a big difference between a Jew and an atheist.

AMEN