Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

All you have is denials.
LOL ... nope, I actually have clear, simple, direct STATEMENTS;

Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

John 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

1 Cor 15:24-28 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till He hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For He hath put all things under his feet. But when He saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

John 14:28 ... I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken.
18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

This is just a sample.

There are MANY more ... DIRECT ... SIMPLE ... CLEAR .... STRAIGHTFORWARD ..... ACTUAL STATEMENTS of Scripture, that contradict trinitarian/oneness doctrines.

History has indicated that you don't care...... but, if you do, please let me know, and I will be happy to provide additional texts.

Dartman

Prove it then. Post each scripture that I gave and show me how they are not as I said.
Nope. You don't listen.... it would be a tedious waste of time.
GT said:
All you say is nope. You think you prove anything by just saying that?
Nope..... and ... mostly nope.

I guess I can prove WHAT my opinion is, but "Nope" doesn't really prove anything else.

GT said:
Dartman said:
Let's test this;

Jesus is called "King of Kings", his God is called "King of Kings" .... this would APPEAR to support them both being God ...... just a tiny problem ... well, actually a COUPLE of problems .... or more;

Ezra 7:12 Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time.

Ezek 26:7 For thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will bring upon Tyre Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, from the north, with horses, and with chariots, and with horsemen, and a company, and much people.

Dan 2:37 Thou, O king, art king of kings, unto whom the God of heaven hath given the kingdom, the power, and the strength, and the glory;
You gave those dumb argument before, but I gave you scripture that says Jesus is the King of kings over the people of the earth who are called king. So stop with the dumb claim that Jesus and Nebuchadnezzar are the same King of kings.
Your ability to misunderstand is legendary.

I never claimed "Jesus and Nebuchadnezzar are the same King of kings." I PROVED that the phrase "King of Kings" applies to mortal men, and therefore, merely finding similar phrases about two beings, is NOT proof they are the same being!!!

God's Truth

LOL ... nope, I actually have clear, simple, direct STATEMENTS;

Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

John 17:3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

1 Cor 15:24-28 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till He hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For He hath put all things under his feet. But when He saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

John 14:28 ... I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Deut 18:17-19 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken.
18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

This is just a sample.

There are MANY more ... DIRECT ... SIMPLE ... CLEAR .... STRAIGHTFORWARD ..... ACTUAL STATEMENTS of Scripture, that contradict trinitarian/oneness doctrines.

History has indicated that you don't care...... but, if you do, please let me know, and I will be happy to provide additional texts.

This is a joke. You copy and pasted some stuff that has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Now you are telling untruths about the three scriptures I gave showing that they are about the same time people tempted the LORD. I showed you how one scripture says 'LORD', and another says 'God', and another says 'Christ'.

You defiled the scriptures by calling it 'hogwash'. Now prove they are not about the same time and how the name God, LORD, and Christ are not interchangeable.

God's Truth

Dartman gives scripture where God the Father calls Jesus a servant.
I then give scripture where it says Jesus is God and made himself a servant.

So then what does Dartman do? He gives an 'LOL' and then posts the same scripture where God calls Jesus a servant.

Um, no kidding Dartman. God the Father in the Old Testament calls Jesus a servant. The New Testament says God came as a servant.

God's Truth

Nope. You don't listen.... it would be a tedious waste of time.
Nope..... and ... mostly nope.

I guess I can prove WHAT my opinion is, but "Nope" doesn't really prove anything else.

Your ability to misunderstand is legendary.

I never claimed "Jesus and Nebuchadnezzar are the same King of kings." I PROVED that the phrase "King of Kings" applies to mortal men, and therefore, merely finding similar phrases about two beings, is NOT proof they are the same being!!!

If you are not putting Nebuchadnezzar on the same level as Jesus---THEN STOP BRINGING HIM UP WHEN I tell you God the Father is King of kings and that is Jesus' title too.

So how many King of kings do you have? If you say two, then that is impossible because King of kings is a SINGULAR KING among many kings OF THE EARTH.

Dartman

This is a joke.
You are not in line with Scriptures, and the Scriptures say this regarding that;

2 Peter 3:16 ... speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

This is NOT a joke, you are "untaught and unstable", and you certainly are "distorting the ... Scriptures"..... destruction is no joke!

GT said:
You copy and pasted some stuff that has nothing to do with what we were talking about.
I quoted Scripture that proves your accusations were false. I DO NOT have only denials.... I DO deny your DISTORTIONS ... but not the Scriptures ... as I proved.

GT said:
Now you are telling untruths about the three scriptures I gave showing that they are about the same time people tempted the LORD. I showed you how one scripture says 'LORD', and another says 'God', and another says 'Christ'.
This is just more of your distortions.

Dartman

Dartman gives scripture where God the Father calls Jesus a servant.
Yes, literally.
GT said:
I then give scripture where it says Jesus is God and made himself a servant.
No, you didn't. You THINK the text MEANS Jesus is God ... but that isn't what the text literally says.

GT said:
The New Testament says God came as a servant.
Nope. It says Jesus was sent from Nazareth into the "world".... and that Jesus chose to behave as a servant.

Dartman

If you are not putting Nebuchadnezzar on the same level as Jesus---THEN STOP BRINGING HIM UP WHEN I tell you God the Father is King of kings and that is Jesus' title too.
Nope.

The FACT that Nebuchadnezzar is NOT on the same level as Jesus, and yet the same title, PROVES that the title does NOT put them on the same level.

So, I have no intention to stop bringing him up in this context.
GT said:
So how many King of kings do you have?
Two.
GT said:
If you say two, then that is impossible because King of kings is a SINGULAR KING among many kings OF THE EARTH.
No, it's not, it merely means "a king over other kings"..... it does NOT mean there is no king above them!!

God's Truth

Nope.

The FACT that Nebuchadnezzar is NOT on the same level as Jesus, and yet the same title, PROVES that the title does NOT put them on the same level.

So, I have no intention to stop bringing him up in this context.
Two.
No, it's not, it merely means "a king over other kings"..... it does NOT mean there is no king above them!!

You are senseless.

God's Truth

Yes, literally.
No, you didn't. You THINK the text MEANS Jesus is God ... but that isn't what the text literally says.

Nope. It says Jesus was sent from Nazareth into the "world".... and that Jesus chose to behave as a servant.

The scripture says Jesus is God and came as a servant. You try to demean Jesus and say ignorant things like "Jesus chose to behave as a servant".

Yeah, Jesus choose to and you saying that means WHAT?

God's Truth

You are not in line with Scriptures, and the Scriptures say this regarding that;

2 Peter 3:16 ... speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

This is NOT a joke, you are "untaught and unstable", and you certainly are "distorting the ... Scriptures"..... destruction is no joke!

I quoted Scripture that proves your accusations were false. I DO NOT have only denials.... I DO deny your DISTORTIONS ... but not the Scriptures ... as I proved.

This is just more of your distortions.

I gave you three scriptures that speak of the same time and the same people, but one scripture says they tempted 'God', the other one says they tempted 'Christ', and the other one says they tempted 'the LORD'.

You called God's Word "hogwash".

You need to prove that those scriptures don't say that, or repent.

Dartman

I gave you three scriptures that speak of the same time and the same people, but one scripture says they tempted 'God', the other one says they tempted 'Christ', and the other one says they tempted 'the LORD'.
Oh, you provided Scriptures, but you misinterpreted them. The Scriptures are just fine, but they don't say what you think they say.

I gave you the proper interpretation of those Scriptures and you belligerently refuse to repent.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Oh, you provided Scriptures, but you misinterpreted them. The Scriptures are just fine, but they don't say what you think they say.

I gave you the proper interpretation of those Scriptures and you belligerently refuse to repent.

You are not telling the truth.

1 Corinthians 10:9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes.

Exodus 17:2 Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water that we may drink." And Moses said to them, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the LORD?"

Psalm 106:14 But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tempted God in the desert.

Go ahead and explain these scriptures. Why is the word 'God' used, and then 'Christ', and then the 'LORD'?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Translation:She punts her own "argument," as I pick it apart, and, as is her deceptive MO, just spams irrelevant verses, w/o explanation, that a monkey can do, ignoring verses that dismantle her made up argument.

Rev 22:10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
Rev 22:12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Dartman

You are not telling the truth.
Of course I am.
GT said:
1 Corinthians 10:9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes.

Exodus 17:2 Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water that we may drink." And Moses said to them, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the LORD?"

Psalm 106:14 But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tempted God in the desert.

Go ahead and explain these scriptures. Why is the word 'God' used, and then 'Christ', and then the 'LORD'?
Absolutely no problem.
You quoted a distorted translation of the Greek, in this case, the KJV is one of the most accurate to the Greek;
1 Cor 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Like I told you before, this verse makes a comparison between temptations .... it does NOT say they tempted Christ, we know they tempted Jehovah.
Paul warns the CORINTHIANS NOT to tempt Christ, as some of the ISRAELITES "ALSO TEMPTED".

So, just so you didn't miss it, this verse won't work for you, BECAUSE the verse merely gives a commandment NOT to tempt like Israel tempted.

Ex 17:2 is Jehovah.... who is "the ONLY true God"., Psa 106 is also Jehovah God;
Ps 106:1-2 Praise ye Jehovah. Oh give thanks unto Jehovah; for he is good; for his lovingkindness (endureth) forever.2 Who can utter the mighty acts of Jehovah, or show forth all his praise?
Ps 106:16 They envied Moses also in the camp, (and) Aaron the saint of Jehovah.

So, just like last time, your attempt to distract from the pickle you are in fails.
You DID find a translation that MIGHT have MEANT what you wish the text said, but it isn't true to the Greek.

The pickle you are in, however still remains.
Your theory that Jesus LIED is absolute proof of the utter failure of your theories.

Jesus didn't lie...... ever.
Jesus clearly states he is NOT the source of the words (logos) he spoke.
Jehovah clearly states he IS the source of the words (logos) Jesus spoke.

You claim Jesus was telling a lie, in order to HIDE the fact that "he is God".

john w

Hall of Fame
Rev 22:10 And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.
Rev 22:11 He who is unjust, let him be unjust still; he who is filthy, let him be filthy still; he who is righteous, let him be righteous still; he who is holy, let him be holy still."
Rev 22:12 "And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."
Rev 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.
Rev 22:15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Genesis-Revelation.

So there, I just "one upped" your clown act, of randomly spamming verses, and thinking," That showed my opponent, and all of TOL, how brilliant my monkey circus act is!!!!"

God's Truth

Of course I am.
Absolutely no problem.
You quoted a distorted translation of the Greek, in this case, the KJV is one of the most accurate to the Greek;
You need to use the translations we have. You don't have God's Truth and can't debate people if you say all the time when you are shown to be wrong that the Bible we use is wrong.

God's Truth

Of course I am.
Absolutely no problem.
1 Cor 10:9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

Like I told you before, this verse makes a comparison between temptations .... it does NOT say they tempted Christ, we know they tempted Jehovah.

You keep saying the same thing repeatedly and not considering that I already heard that silly explanation before.

Explain this then:

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

Did you read that? "AT THAT TIME YE WERE WITHOUT CHRIST". That is Paul speaking to the Gentiles about being WITHOUT CHRIST. They were without Christ when they didn't do what the Jews did.

So you can see that you can't talk yourself out of that one.

The Gentiles were without Christ because they did not obey God and get circumcised and do the other purification works of the law.

...but Jesus was not known yet, so that is more proof that Christ is God. It is more proof that CHRIST was who they tempted in the desert when they TEMPTED GOD.

God's Truth

Of course I am.
Absolutely no problem.

Paul warns the CORINTHIANS NOT to tempt Christ, as some of the ISRAELITES "ALSO TEMPTED".

So, just so you didn't miss it, this verse won't work for you, BECAUSE the verse merely gives a commandment NOT to tempt like Israel tempted.

Like my other post in reply to you says---Ephesians 2:12 PROVES that CHRIST was spoken of as being there before he came to earth, because he is God!

Now you say it is merely saying we are not to tempt Christ LIKE they tempted God. That is what you claim it really means, then tell us about Ephesians 2:12 AND TELL US why PAUL SAYS the ROCK WAS CHRIST in the desert.

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

Did you read that?!

That scripture is where Paul SAYS CHRIST was IN THE DESERT. REMEMBER YOU SAID I WAS WRONG ABOUT THAT.

God's Truth

Of course I am.
Absolutely no problem.

Ex 17:2 is Jehovah.... who is "the ONLY true God"., Psa 106 is also Jehovah God;
Ps 106:1-2 Praise ye Jehovah. Oh give thanks unto Jehovah; for he is good; for his lovingkindness (endureth) forever.2 Who can utter the mighty acts of Jehovah, or show forth all his praise?
Ps 106:16 They envied Moses also in the camp, (and) Aaron the saint of Jehovah.

So, just like last time, your attempt to distract from the pickle you are in fails.
You DID find a translation that MIGHT have MEANT what you wish the text said, but it isn't true to the Greek.

The pickle you are in, however still remains.
Your theory that Jesus LIED is absolute proof of the utter failure of your theories.

Jesus didn't lie...... ever.
Jesus clearly states he is NOT the source of the words (logos) he spoke.
Jehovah clearly states he IS the source of the words (logos) Jesus spoke.

You claim Jesus was telling a lie, in order to HIDE the fact that "he is God".

You are the one in the pickle!

Now explain why PAUL is the ONE WHO SAYS CHRIST WAS IN THE DESERT.

1 Corinthians 10:4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.