Curt Schilling's Islam/Nazi tweet

HisServant

The Nazi card is played out and I am sick to death of lazy people using it as a crutch. Enough already.

It should never be played out... it exposes a large flaw in all of humanity when nationalism and hatred go hand in hand... it something to always be remembered for eternity.

I believe we are just acceptable to it in this country as a reaction to the perceived Islamic threat. All it will take is for another attack on our soil or something similar to galvanize the extreme right into action and the rest of the right and center and some of the left will go along with it... we will all be screwed.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
non radical Islam has been pretty vocal in denouncing terrorism for a very long time, including much of the un or under covered response to 911, which I documented back in the day.

They have. For every terrorist act, there are millions of Muslims speaking out against them.

You can bet if there are supposed "non radical Muslims" speaking out against the daily atrocities that their fellow Muslims commit
http://thereligionofpeace.com/

it would be covered 24/7 by the lamestream media.

Are you two familiar with CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations)?

http://www.investigativeproject.org/621/cair-exposed#

Why aren't these supposed "non radical Muslims" speaking out against CAIR?

Granite

Hall of Fame
It should never be played out... it exposes a large flaw in all of humanity when nationalism and hatred go hand in hand... it something to always be remembered for eternity.

I didn't say it should be forgotten (I lost ancestors in the Holocaust). My point was that comparing virtually anything you disagree with to the Nazis is lazy, and almost always inaccurate.

Let an issue stand on its own faults or merits without saying "well, the Nazis."

HisServant

I didn't say it should be forgotten (I lost ancestors in the Holocaust). My point was that comparing virtually anything you disagree with to the Nazis is lazy, and almost always inaccurate.

Let an issue stand on its own faults or merits without saying "well, the Nazis."

Should I use the Catholic Protestant wars instead?... where hundreds of thousands of people were killed indiscriminately just because of what they believed and who they followed?

Hey, if it wasn't for the Protestants, we would all be Roman Catholic or dead right now.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Should I use the Catholic Protestant wars instead?... where hundreds of thousands of people were killed indiscriminately just because of what they believed and who they followed?

Hey, if it wasn't for the Protestants, we would all be Roman Catholic or dead right now.

I have no idea what you're trying to talk about. Seems like a lot of words thrown against the wall.

Quetzal

Or, if I may suggest a crazy notion, you stay on topic, use facts, and attempt to think critically about the situation yourself.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

In Granite's mind: Just because Islam and Nazi Germany have/had an unfathomable HATRED of Judaism and Christianity doesn't mean we should compare the two.

Quetzal

Lame deflection... typical tactic of someone who knows they are wrong.

Attack the person instead of the topic... its the tactic of a loser.
You would know this very well. You have often ignored my questions and critiques of your theories out of convenience of not having to say "I don't know".

HisServant

Stop blanketing an entire group of people, seriously. First, there are multiple interpretations of Sharia law. (The article addresses this) Second, a believer of Sharia law =/= terrorist.

I never said they are terrorists... my contention is that by not speaking out for fear of their lives they are abetting terrorism.

Quetzal

I never said they are terrorists... my contention is that by not speaking out for fear of their lives they are abetting terrorism.
But they are. You see in the media every time there is an attack. As I mentioned before, many are actively fighting against it. What more do you want? What is your plan?

HisServant

You would know this very well. You have often ignored my questions and critiques of your theories out of convenience of not having to say "I don't know".

Answering your questions and critiques will require me to dumb myself down so much that I am fearful that I may not recover.

Quetzal

Answering your questions and critiques will require me to dumb myself down so much that I am fearful that I may not recover.
Asking for an academic source to support your own argument is, indeed, a bit too much of me to ask. I will take your inability to do so into consideration in the future.

HisServant

But they are. You see in the media every time there is an attack. As I mentioned before, many are actively fighting against it. What more do you want? What is your plan?

A VERY small minority are...

I want some of the Ayatollah's and princes of the Arab world to denounce it.

People who have real POWER in the Muslim faith.