ECT Comments from an ex-charismatic preacher

ZacharyB

If you all were "in Christ" you would be fearful when touching anything
that you have no first hand knowledge by personal revelation
... judge yourselves lest when you find that your leaders have led you
down the wrong path you might still find room for repentance.
I have shown before what "in Christ" actually refers to.
It refers to those believers whom Jesus is approving of,
re: how they are living out their lives, as in "living in Christ's favor (approval)".

Perhaps we can summarize by saying they are "practicing righteousness".
We have all seen the 10 verses which teach that these are God's people!

Re: touching ... "Touch not God's anointed!"

musterion

Both of these men speak in fluent "tongues." Their basic ideas on 'tongues' now completely contradict one another. So one of them is wrong.

Charismatics, which one is wrong, and why?

Last edited:

musterion

This lady speaks in "tongues." Listen to what she's saying.

This whole thing is probably a scripted rehearsed act, which still leaves you with only two choices:

a) she was what she said, possessed, and yet she (or the demon inside her) spoke in your 'tongues' right at the start

b) she's a deliberate fraud who still spoke in your 'tongues.'

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
This lady speaks in "tongues." Listen to what she's saying.

This whole thing is probably a scripted rehearsed act, which still leaves you with only two choices:

a) she was what she said, possessed, and yet she (or the demon inside her) spoke in your 'tongues' right at the start

b) she's a deliberate fraud who still spoke in your 'tongues.'

You have the same choice and you should be very careful about what you plump for

When Paul spake in tongues more than you all...was he a) lying b) possessed of a demon or c)filled with the Holy Ghost?

Why would the devil counterfeit something that is not genuine and true?

Cross Reference

I have shown before what "in Christ" actually refers to.
It refers to those believers whom Jesus is approving of,
re: how they are living out their lives, as in "living in Christ's favor (approval)".

Perhaps we can summarize by saying they are "practicing righteousness".
We have all seen the 10 verses which teach that these are God's people!

Re: touching ... "Touch not God's anointed!"

"In the Lord" is what you are alluding to, not "In Christ". Why I can say that is because one cannot do anything as unto the Lord without first being, "in Christ", i.e., born again as it applies to salvation as God purposed it to be, "positional". (see John 17:3 KJV)

I view one being born again without evidence [John 17:3] as being no new birth at all.

ZacharyB

"In the Lord" is what you are alluding to, not "In Christ".
Why I can say that is because one cannot do anything
as unto the Lord without first being, "in Christ",
i.e., born again as it applies to salvation as God
purposed it to be, "positional". (see John 17:3 KJV)

I view one being born again without evidence [John 17:3] as being no new birth at all.
Yes, you could possibly be correct ... "in Christ" positionally only.

RE: John 17:3 ...
this is no evidence for anyone, except to the believer him/her self.

themuzicman

The charismatic error is the Corinthian error: They assumed that the charismatic gifts were a sign of approval from God or spiritual superiority. The OP is half correct when he says that they aren't important in Scripture. The only reason Paul brings them up is because the Corinthians did make it a measure of spirituality.

But that doesn't mean the charismatic gifts have ceased. The lack of writing about them may simply be because the charismatic gifts only appeared in appropriate ways in the early church, didn't happen terribly often, and thus weren't an issue. The only time they are written about is when some group gets them out of balance, and winds up off the reservation. Even Catholics aren't cessationists.

So, are charismatic and Pentecostals out of balance? Yes. Is the idea of a personal tongues language discordant with Scripture? Yes.

Are the gifts of healing, word of knowledge, word of wisdom, faith, and miracles ceased? Absolutely not. It's just that when they're given and used properly, it isn't a huge event. It just happens.

Cross Reference

Yes, you could possibly be correct ... "in Christ" positionally only.

RE: John 17:3 ...
this is no evidence for anyone, except to the believer him/her self.

If I am in Christ, He will be seen. However, that too is a learning process all Christians are to enter into. The result will be son-ship with the end result being, fatherhood in God that we beget children unto Him.. (see John 1:12 KJV only)

themuzicman

Not sure what you mean by personal tongues language.
Do you mean tongues used outside of a church setting?
If so, you are terribly wrong.

I mean uninterpreted tongues. 1 Corinthians 14 makes it clear that all tongues are to be interpreted by a human being.

Cross Reference

I mean uninterpreted tongues. 1 Corinthians 14 makes it clear that all tongues are to be interpreted by a human being.

If you spoke in tongues why do you need to understand what is being said when praying "in the Spirit without understanding" being given to you? Who are you that God needs to explain Himself?