Clearly A Drunk Can Consent

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
UPDATE: Bassam Al-Rawi has been found, and served

March 13, 2017 By Jennifer Henderson 1 Comment
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on LinkedInShare on Google+Share on TumblrEmail this to someone
Share this story

Bassam Al-Rawi on a Halifax Transit bus. Photo: Instagram/ @HalifaxNoise

UPDATE (Tuesday): Yesterday, the Examiner reported that over a week of trying, police had not been able to locate taxi driver Bassam Al-Rawi to serve documents notifying him his case could be brought before the Court of Appeal. There had been multiple, but unconfirmed reports that Al-Rawi had left the country.

However, Chris Hansen of the Nova Scotia Public Prosecution Service confirms taxi driver Bassam Al-Rawi has been located in Halifax and served by Halifax Police today, notifying him his acquittal on a charge of sexual assault is being appealed.

There are now no legal barriers standing in the way of an appeal of the Judge Lenehan verdict.

https://www.halifaxexaminer.ca/feat...is-missing-rumoured-to-have-left-the-country/

Do you honestly believe she consented?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Do you honestly believe she consented?

i have no idea :idunno:

but he's not a bad looking fellow and i knew plenty of young women in college who were attracted to the good looking middle eastern guys, even when their inhibitions weren't diminished by alcohol

Danoh

i have no idea :idunno:

but he's not a bad looking fellow and i knew plenty of young women in college who were attracted to the good looking middle eastern guys, even when their inhibitions weren't diminished by alcohol

Though they got it's basis wrong, the movie "The Manchurian Candidate" is based on a fact actually proven, both Scriptural and scientific fact.

The fact that be it under the right circumstances, or those manufactured towards the following intent - anyone's sense of right and wrong can be shifted against their own best interests, if not used on them, towards said same ill will.

With their...unknowing participation throughout...right before their very eyes.

ok doser

Maybe you have a small point there? She should have been arrested for being naked,

or public intoxication, or public lewdness (probably on the books in canada - they have some goofy sounding laws up there :chuckle:

kat said:
and he should have been arrested for being a Muslim.:plain:

he should have been executed for being a mooslim :sibbie:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
The woman was the victim of a Muslim rapist, i.e. she didn't commit any crime (this is a TOL first, ok doser and Crucible defending a Muslim).

Maybe you have a small point there? She should have been arrested for being naked, and he should have been arrested for being a Muslim.:plain:

Checking to see if I'm blocked from yet another ok doser thread (it appears not...yet).

Sorry, but the law doesn't work that way. When a woman is raped (which is a felony) misdemeanor offenses by her are overlooked by law enforcement.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=13737]aCultureWarrior[/MENTION] ​You are contributing a valid point to this thread. I see no reason to block you from this one. :up:

ok doser

[MENTION=13737]aCultureWarrior[/MENTION] ​You are contributing a valid point to this thread. I see no reason to block you from this one. :up:

which is why i didn't report it today

it would be nice, however, if he'd stop lying about me "defending a muslim"

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
to respond to acw's point:

in this case, that hasn't been determined

as he acquitted a Halifax taxi driver of sexually assaulting an intoxicated passenger found partly naked and unconscious in the back of his cab.

The cabdriver was acquitted of rape charges.

Now that we've established that he was charged with rape (and acquitted of rape because a Judge says that drunks can consent), let's go from there.

You stated on page 2

The courts have found “mere drunkenness does not equate to incapacity, nor is imprudent decision-making, loss of inhibitions or self-control,” she said. Or, as another court decision put it: “a drunken consent is still a valid consent.”

To which I reply:

Was a blood alcohol test taken on the woman by the police to see what state of intoxication she was in?

Was there video footage of the woman leaving the bar to see what state of intoxication she may have been in? (i.e. was she falling down drunk).

Were bar patrons questioned or was there a copy of her bar receipt brought into evidence to show how much she had to drink?

Let's keep in mind the past history of the accused rapist as well:

"A 2015 search warrant application mentions other situations involving Al-Rawi and female passengers.

One woman reported that Al-Rawi did not stop at her house, kept driving around the block while calling her "baby" and grabbed her hand and asked her to stay. The woman only wanted this information documented.

In another situation, a woman reported being intoxicated and getting into a cab driven by Bassam Abdullatif. Abdullatif and Al-Rawi are the same person, according to the search warrant.

Allegedly Al-Rawi took the woman up to his apartment and sexually assaulted her. The woman had limited recollection of the alleged assault."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/bassam-al-rawi-taxi-cab-sexual-assault-halifax-1.2875142

ok doser

When a woman is raped ...

to respond to acw's point:

in this case, that hasn't been determined

(whole buncha nonsense clipped)

yes, he was charged, tried and acquitted and it's under appeal at the moment

he may have raped her

or

she may have consented

if she consented, her consent may or may not have been legal based on her degree of intoxication and a really poorly written law

ok doser

You do realise, this is no more than a big PC debate thread?

i'm interested in it for a number of reasons

obviously, the issue of consent

also, the media coverage - canada is very liberal - more so than the US

and finally, the "muslim immigrant" wrinkle - the left has been very reluctant to attack mooslim immigrants who behave badly

ok doser

... the Libertarian doctrine of consent.

that would be a wonderful topic for a new thread - why don't you start one (and stop spamming this one) and we can all join in the discussion

and here's a friendly hint - if you want people to join you in a discussion, don't attribute positions to them that they don't hold

now scat :wave2: