chrysostom’s 2014 annual awards

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I withdraw my participation in a thread that considers anna an apt candidate for the sophist label.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'd go with mistake or concentration over deception, because there's no real win with the last one. You're not going to move or embarrass someone to the hard right, they'll just dismiss you as a RINO and move on. That's almost as common around here as someone declaring another out of the Body by virtue of their own internal litmus.

I'm not saying it's beyond the realm of possibility that someone would take a part to taint the opposing party, or a faith, to broaden, only that it would seem questionable and exceptional and if I were inclined to think it I'd go over my own bias first with a fine toothed comb.

can anyone say this in their own words?

please try

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I withdraw my participation in a thread that considers anna an apt candidate for the sophist label.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You're definitely in the running for the "Here There Be Weasel" award, when I get around to handing out mine. You should stop low gossip about people if you're going to get up on that cross you drag around to show people your nose hair. :plain:

Wow, what a name caller. I got down so low since I talked to you last. Isn't lawyer professional? My two children are professional and they are not name callers. They will get in trouble if they do.

You are supposed to go up not down, friend.

Being called "sophiscated" get you so offensive?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Wow, what a name caller. I got down so low since I talked to you last. Isn't lawyer professional? My two children are professional and they are not name callers. They will get in trouble if they do.

You are supposed to go up not down, friend.

Being called "sophiscated" get you so offensive?

don't you just hate name callers?

is it okay
if
we just call them

name callers?

Thunder's Muse

I don't think "sophiscated" is insulting. Why is it insulting?

I don't get it. Why are you guys so uptight?

Oh, never mind.... I thought the award was for some other word. I need new glasses, I think lol

Posted from the TOL App cause that's how I roll.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I think this thread is light hearted. Why some of you are so angry? so much so that they even call nasty names.

sheesh.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't think "sophiscated" is insulting. Why is it insulting?

I don't get it. Why are you guys so uptight?

He said sophist - not sophisticated.

sophist - a person who reasons with clever but false arguments.

Do you still think that is not insulting?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
don't you think sophisticated is false?

Depends on which useage of the word you refer to.

so·phis·ti·cat·ed
səˈfistiˌkātid/
adjective
adjective: sophisticated

1) (of a machine, system, or technique) developed to a high degree of complexity.
"highly sophisticated computer systems"
synonyms: advanced, modern, state of the art, the latest, new, up-to-the-minute; More
2) innovative, trailblazing, revolutionary, futuristic, avant-garde;
complex, complicated, intricate, highly evolved

"sophisticated techniques"
antonyms: crude
(of a person or their thoughts, reactions, and understanding) 3)aware of and able to interpret complex issues; subtle.
"discussion and reflection are necessary for a sophisticated response to a text"
4) having, revealing, or proceeding from a great deal of worldly experience and knowledge of fashion and culture.
"a chic, sophisticated woman"
synonyms: worldly, worldly-wise, experienced, enlightened, cosmopolitan, knowledgeable; More

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Last edited: