Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Apple7

Moving on to another aspect of Psalm 110:1, the second phrase teaches that Jesus will remain at the right hand of God until a certain time:
Psalm 110:1–2 (KJV): 1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. 2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
This indicates a future time when Jesus will return to the earth.

Convenient for you, as you already overlooked the change in Person between Psalm 110.1 and Psalm 110.2.

110.1 has Yahweh speaking in the First-Person.

110.2 has Yahweh speaking in the Third-Person.

Why?

Assuming that the Yahweh of 110.1 is The Father - then 110.2 has The Father discussing another Yahweh...otherwise, He would have continued on in the First-Person!

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,

You can't change the fact that The Holy Spirit is also referred to as The Right Hand of God in this passage.
Especially if you ignore what this passage and Psalm 110:1 actually says.
Further, since we are on Acts, let's show you that that Jesus is THE CREATOR GOD, as thus...
The "God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob," "the God of our fathers," glorified the Son of Him, Jesus, whom you delivered up, and denied Him in the presence of Pilate, that one having decided to set Him free. But you denied the Holy and Just One, and asked for a man, a murderer, to be granted to you. And the Originator of Life you killed, whom God raised up from the dead, of which we are witnesses. (Act 3.13 -15)
Here we have Peter declaring to the Jews that they rejected and killed the ‘Originator of Life’(de archēgon tēs zōēs), Jesus.
The same word that you translate “originator” is translated as “author” in the following:
Hebrews 12:1–2 (KJV): 1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
The Gospels reveal Jesus and his faith, and how he endured trial even unto crucifixion, death and this resulted in his resurrection. If we look unto Jesus in faith and are thus motivated to follow his example we will partake of the life that is offered in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 12:1-2 is also important as it is also based on Psalm 110:1. Hebrews 12:1-2 is also based on Psalm 16, and it is interesting that Psalm 110:1 and Psalm 16:8-11 are also combined in Peter’s speech in Acts 2.
Psalm 16:8–11 (KJV): 8 I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. 10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 11 Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

The “life” that is referred to is the life that has been brought to light through the gospel:
2 Timothy 1:9–10 (KJV): 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Convenient for you, as you already overlooked the change in Person between Psalm 110.1 and Psalm 110.2. 110.1 has Yahweh speaking in the First-Person. 110.2 has Yahweh speaking in the Third-Person. Why?
Assuming that the Yahweh of 110.1 is The Father - then 110.2 has The Father discussing another Yahweh...otherwise, He would have continued on in the First-Person!
You seem to have trouble with what it plainly says in Psalm 110:1-2 where there is one Yahweh. You are confused between Jesus and the Holy Spirit in Psalm 110:1, and here again are confused, and my only conclusion is that you are desperate to force the Trinity into a Psalm where it is clearly teaching that there is one God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Acts 3:19-21 shows that it is God the Father that sends Jesus back to the earth.

Kind regards
Trevor

keypurr

If Jesus is co-equal, and co-eternal with both the Holy Spirit and the Father, why would He tell us the true worshipers shall worship the Father?

What saith the scriptures?

Worship

If we may let our Lord and King have the final word. Jesus plainly states, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be his worshipers. God is spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:23-24). Who does Jesus declare are the "true worshipers"? He insists, "the true worshipers shall worship the Father" If we would be amongst the true worshipers we must be with Jesus worshiping this Father. Evidently, those who worship "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost, three persons in one God," Are not said by Jesus to be the true worshippers. Those who worship the Father as the "only true God" are. The worshipper of the One God, the Father, as Jesus' own affirmation that he is the true worshipper.

This is the biblical pattern throughout. The so-called Lord's prayer, the model prayer, teaches us to "pray in this way: our Father who art in heaven"(Matt. 6:9). This pattern of prayer and worship prescribed by our Lord Jesus is followed and sanctioned by every example given in Scripture. See the following:

"Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus; that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Rom.15:5-6).

" For this reason I bow my knees before the Father," (Eph 3:14)

" giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, " (Eph 5:20)

" We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, " ( Col 1:3 )

"giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light." (Col 1:12)

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father "through" him." (Col 3:17)

keypurr

Lot "worshiped" the two strangers who looked like normal travelers as they entered
Sodom (Gen. 19:1).

Abraham "worshipped" the Gentile leaders of the land where he lived (Gen. 23:7).

Jacob "worshipped" his older brother Esau (Gen. 33:3).

Joseph's brothers "worshipped" him (Gen. 43:26).

Ruth "worshipped" Boaz (Ruth 2:10).

David "worshipped" Jonathan (1 Sam. 20:41).

David "worshipped" King Saul (1 Sam. 24:8).

Mephibosheth fell on his face and "worshipped" David (2 Sam. 9:6).

Abigail "worshipped" David the outlaw (1 Sam 25:23, 41).

The whole congregation "worshipped" the King (1 Chron. 9:20).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You have been given the scripture but your limited ability to think will not let you understand it.

Oh, I see, you have what's called a 'Superior Intellect,' correct? Next, you'll be saying that you're about 5,000 years old, right? Were you born in the Himalayan Mountains of Tibet? Do you have a third eye in the middle of your forehead? :think:

oatmeal

You're another one who denies the Deity of Christ.

Since scripture does not teach it, why should I believe your opinions?

Your opinions do not trump God's word.

What is the answer to the multiple choice question I posited?

What does I Timothy 2:5 say?

If you believed that verse, you would agree with me.

Last edited:

oatmeal

If Jesus is not God, or is anything less than God Himself, Jesus' death could not save anyone, NOT ONE PERSON.

And the scripture you read that supports your theory is what?

Do you have a reference and share that verse?

Your opinion does not trump God's word

Jesus is the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world.

He is the lamb OF God, not God himself.

Read what is written instead of rewriting scripture to suit your teachers' errors.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Read what is written instead of rewriting scripture to suit your teachers' errors.

So, you reject the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, huh? Just for the record, okay?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Since scripture does not teach it, why should I?

Your opinions do not trump God's word.

What is the answer to the multiple choice question I posited?

What does I Timothy 2:5 say?

If you believed that verse, you would agree with me.

What I believe is this: God the Son (A member of the Holy Trinity) came down to earth and took on a physical body. Subsequently, He went to the cross in order to shed His blood for the sins of ALL humanity. He paid the price for ALL past, present and future sins of anyone who would hear The Gospel of the Grace of God and be willing (by their free choice) to place ALL of their faith in Christ and His death, burial, and resurrection. Only by placing ALL of one's faith in Christ alone can one receive: forgiveness of past, present, and future sins, be baptized into The Body of Christ, (By the Holy Spirit) sealed and indwelt, by the Holy Spirit and inherit eternal life. This is the Gospel that Paul preaches and the only Gospel that saves individuals today.

The 'Trinity' includes God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Those three are considered one God, yet, they are three separate entities.

Romans 6:23 states: "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

According to that verse of Scripture, every single human being sins against God and the wages received from those sins, is death. Death is earned by the process of sinning against God. The good news (The Gospel) is, God offers every human being 'eternal life with Him,' through the placing of ALL of their faith in His Son and His shed blood on the cross and resurrection.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

79d3ed08bc036e9cf2a9ea534bcb0ebd.jpg

9e1c0a141b470d95658e7edd83b40933.jpg

66eec0f03509611dfd30d0bc52f8ea16.jpg

203dc12835ad6b91f5ff6bfacab7e85c.jpg

I can provide more to backup what I'm saying, if necessary.

----

If Jesus is not God, and is instead just a created Being made for only one purpose, then His life is not valuable enough to pay for the life of even one man, let alone every man since creation.

Oatsy, what's the most valuable thing in existence? God, right? What is the price of sin? Eternal death, right?

Death is separation. When a man dies, his spirit is separated from his body, and either is transported to heaven or hell, and his body begins to decay. This is called physical death.

Spiritual death is when that man's spirit is separated from God.

God said in Genesis to Adam, the day you [sin] you shall surely die. And they did die, even though they lived for another 900 years or so. They were separated from God the very day that they sinned, cast out of the Garden.

No created being has existed for eternity past, like God has. He had infinite worth already at the moment He created, and if the next half of eternity is similar to the first half, He will have infinitely more worth.

Created beings have a beginning, so even though they will exist forever, and have infinite worth, they will never be as valuable as God.

So if the punishment for just one man's sin is an eternal punishment, and no man can ransom himself for another, and only God is of infinitely more worth than man, ergo only God is valuable enough to pay for man's sin, and not just one man's, but every man's sin, because He is FAR more than valuable enough to pay the debt owed.

Therefore, if Jesus is a created being, only a man, and even though He lived a perfect life, His sacrifice is not valuable enough to pay for anyone other than Himself.

oatmeal

So, you reject the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, huh? Just for the record, okay?

Jesus Christ is referred to as the son of God

Not once is he referred to as "God the Son"

Therefore should I believe that Jesus is the "son of God" or "God the Son"

If you think that they mean the same thing, then you need a refresher course in English grammar.

popsthebuilder

You have yet to answer why a merciful GOD would damn all he made because they did what he created them with potential for and knew before hand what they would do.

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

79d3ed08bc036e9cf2a9ea534bcb0ebd.jpg

9e1c0a141b470d95658e7edd83b40933.jpg

66eec0f03509611dfd30d0bc52f8ea16.jpg

203dc12835ad6b91f5ff6bfacab7e85c.jpg

I can provide more to backup what I'm saying, if necessary.

----

If Jesus is not God, and is instead just a created Being made for only one purpose, then His life is not valuable enough to pay for the life of even one man, let alone every man since creation.

Oatsy, what's the most valuable thing in existence? God, right? What is the price of sin? Eternal death, right?

Death is separation. When a man dies, his spirit is separated from his body, and either is transported to heaven or hell, and his body begins to decay. This is called physical death.

Spiritual death is when that man's spirit is separated from God.

God said in Genesis to Adam, the day you [sin] you shall surely die. And they did die, even though they lived for another 900 years or so. They were separated from God the very day that they sinned, cast out of the Garden.

No created being has existed for eternity past, like God has. He had infinite worth already at the moment He created, and if the next half of eternity is similar to the first half, He will have infinitely more worth.

Created beings have a beginning, so even though they will exist forever, and have infinite worth, they will never be as valuable as God.

So if the punishment for just one man's sin is an eternal punishment, and no man can ransom himself for another, and only God is of infinitely more worth than man, ergo only God is valuable enough to pay for man's sin, and not just one man's, but every man's sin, because He is FAR more than valuable enough to pay the debt owed.

Therefore, if Jesus is a created being, only a man, and even though He lived a perfect life, His sacrifice is not valuable enough to pay for anyone other than Himself.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

oatmeal

What I believe is this: God the Son (A member of the Holy Trinity) came down to earth and took on a physical body. Subsequently, He went to the cross in order to shed His blood for the sins of ALL humanity. He paid the price for ALL past, present and future sins of anyone who would hear The Gospel of the Grace of God and be willing (by their free choice) to place ALL of their faith in Christ and His death, burial, and resurrection. Only by placing ALL of one's faith in Christ alone can receive: forgiveness of past, present, and future sins, be baptized into The Body of Christ, (By the Holy Spirit) sealed and indwelt, by the Holy Spirit and inherit eternal life. This is the Gospel that Paul preaches and the only Gospel that saves individuals today.

The 'Trinity' includes God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Those three are considered one God, yet, they are three separate entities.

Scripture never refers to Jesus Christ as "God the Son"

But scripture does refer to Jesus Christ as "son of God" about 50 times.

I believe what scripture says, not what it does not say.

Why do you believe in non scriptural theories?