Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To be fair, it is likely that 1 John 5:7 was not in the originals.
Cyprian cooberated it when he said "it is written"

In his

De catholicae ecclesiae unitate 6, he says, “The Lord says, ‘I and the Father are one’; and again it is written of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, ‘And these three are one.’”

Which would have certainly been the way anyone would have said it, except for John.
John's use of "the Word" is prevalent in his writings.
That gives further credence to it having been written by John himself, and not an addition by another.

there are plenty of other verses in the Bible that refer to God being triune that make up for it.
True dat!

marhig

Who are you even talking about, is what GM asked.
No-one here, thank goodness, none of you speak like that. But my point isn't that they are trinitarians, it's that some of you say that only trinitarians are saved, but those who don't believe in the trinity aren't. But these people were disgusting, I was so shocked. If people can act like that, then they are not being saved. Gods people don't speak like that.

I'm trying to say, there is good and bad everywhere in each denomination, you can't say that all JWs are bad and unsaved, and all Trinitarians are good and saved or vice versa. Because from what I read on that site, I know that's not the truth. No-one belonging to God would say those things. I'm sorry I can't repeat it, it was a disgusting, vulgar way to talk and then say they belong to God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No-one here, thank goodness, none of you speak like that. But my point isn't that they are trinitarians, it's that some of you say that only trinitarians are saved, but those who don't believe in the trinity aren't. But these people were disgusting, I was so shocked. If people can act like that, then they are not being saved. Gods people don't speak like that.

If that's not a hasty generalization, then I don't know what is.

Obviously, if they're being vulgar and disgusting, then they are sinning. But if they have a relationship with God through Jesus, then they are saved no matter how vulgar or disgusting. Yes, it is sad that they do those things, but it doesn't affect their salvation.

Your problem, Marhig, is that JWs DON'T have that relationship with God through Jesus Christ. By rejecting His deity, they reject God, and because they reject God, they are not Christians, no matter how "good" they are or act.

Just because someone does good things does not mean that they are Christians.

I'm trying to say, there is good and bad everywhere in each denomination, you can't say that all JWs are bad and unsaved, and all Trinitarians are good and saved or vice versa. Because from what I read on that site, I know that's not the truth. No-one belonging to God would say those things. I'm sorry I can't repeat it, it was a disgusting, vulgar way to talk and then say they belong to God.

Again, the issue is not that JW's are good or bad, it's that they don't truly know Jesus Christ, that He is Jehovah, and not just Lord.

Trinitarians are (almost completely) Christians, because they know who Christ is, and they know Him. They are saved not because they do good or bad, but because of their relationship with Him who already did the good works necessary for salvation.

Question for you, Marhig. Were the people Paul wrote to in Corinth in 1 Corinthians 5 (which I'll quote for you below) Christians, or were they unbelievers?

Spoiler
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife!And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you.For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed.In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.” - 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians5:1-13&version=NKJV

CherubRam

Because they do not trust scripture.
We see folks like CherubRam who want to discredit many scriptures saying they did not exist in the originals.
And after he has opposed those scriptures, he then goes on about other scriptures being mistranslated in an attempt to discredit those also.
And then he goes into a "symbolic" rant with the rest of it, and comes up with all kinds of crazy doctrines.
He's a kook that doesn't give a flip about scripture and just plays games with it and discredit as much of it as he can.

I have repeated myself to you and others here many times because you refuse to check for your selves.

Hebrew Interlinear Bible (OT): http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Hebrew_Index.htm

Greek Interlinear Bible (NT): http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

musterion

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

popsthebuilder

Obviously, if they're being vulgar and disgusting, then they are sinning. But if they have a relationship with God through Jesus, then they are saved no matter how vulgar or disgusting. Yes, it is sad that they do those things, but it doesn't affect their salvation.

Your problem, Marhig, is that JWs DON'T have that relationship with God through Jesus Christ. By rejecting His deity, they reject God, and because they reject God, they are not Christians, no matter how "good" they are or act.

Again, the issue is not that JW's are good or bad, it's that they don't truly know Jesus Christ, that He is Jehovah, and not just Lord.

Trinitarians are (almost completely) Christians, because they know who Christ is, and they know Him. They are saved not because they do good or bad, but because of their relationship with Him who already did the good works necessary for salvation.

Question for you, Marhig. Were the people Paul wrote to in Corinth in 1 Corinthians 5 (which I'll quote for you below) Christians, or were they unbelievers?

Spoiler
It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and such sexual immorality as is not even named among the Gentiles—that a man has his father’s wife!And you are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he who has done this deed might be taken away from among you.For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed.In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.Your glorying is not good. Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump?Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us.Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.” - 1 Corinthians 5:1-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians5:1-13&version=NKJV
So you're saying that that which is holy associates and indeed dwells with that which is vile?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

marhig

Spoiler

If you think that they are being saved when they speak like that, then you are badly mistaken, those being saved by God, and have a relationship with him, do not have a filthy mouth.

Luckily on that site, there were 2 trinitarians who with me spoke against them. And it was the truth that was prevailing, not whether we were trinitarians or not. God looks at the heart!

You judge wrongly, it says in Bible many times that we are to believe that Jesus is the son God to be saved. And you condemn those who believe this. You show the hardness of your heart in the way you condemn others who believe what we are told to believe in the scriptures.

Also, from the scriptures that you have quoted in your post.

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?But those who are outside God judges. Therefore put away from yourselves the evil person

And you are saying that they are still saved? Paul says that those who are sexually immoral are evil people! They need to repent and turn away from their disgusting talk and acts, and live right before God!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If you think that they are being saved when they speak like that, then you are badly mistaken, those being saved by God, and have a relationship with him, do not have a filthy mouth.

Luckily on that site, there were 2 trinitarians who with me spoke against them. And it was the truth that was prevailing, not whether we were trinitarians or not. God looks at the heart!

You judge wrongly, it says in Bible many times that we are to believe that Jesus is the son God to be saved. And you condemn those who believe this. You show the hardness of your heart in the way you condemn others who believe what we are told to believe in the scriptures.

Also, from the scriptures that you have quoted in your post.

I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. [/B]But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral[/b], or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?But those who are outside God judges. Therefore put away from yourselves the evil person

And you are saying that they are still saved? Paul says that those who are sexually immoral are evil people! They need to repent and turn away from their disgusting talk and acts, and live right before God!

And, YOU think you're in a position to judge others for their supposed foul mouths and sinful hearts? You must think you're one of the GREATEST Saints that ever walked the earth. Whoa, we're lucky to have you on this thread. :think:

marhig

And, YOU think you're in a position to judge others for their supposed foul mouths and sinful hearts? You must think you're one of the GREATEST Saints that ever walked the earth. Whoa, we're lucky to have you on this thread. :think:
I'm not perfect, but I know that sexually immoral talk is wrong before God! Whether they believe in the trinity or not. When we have vulgar mouths and speak with a vile tongue then we are wrong before God.