• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Chance or Design (Evolution or Creation)

Gary K

Banned
Biologos is an organization that has published articles challenging the Divinity of Christ, and claiming that scripture has errors. ""Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves." Matthew 7:15

They are also behind the attack on justification and support the idea that Christ's sacrifice had nothing to do with His death being a substitutionary one for us. In other words that He died to pay our penalty for sin.

6days

Biologos is an organization that encourages Christians to accept evolutionism. They claim "BioLogos invites the church and the world to see the harmony between science and biblical faith as we present an evolutionary understanding of God’s creation". However... many of their articles and contributors are heretical and encourage Christians to reject the clear teaching of Scripture. Heresy is a subversive modification of doctrine that often leads to unbelief. And so much of what Biologos prints seems to be a deliberate attempt to undermine the gospel. They deny the inerrancy of scripture and put a higher value on mans opinions than Gods Word. They print articles claiming Jesus made mistakes. And, Biologos denies the doctrine of imputation... they deny that "first Adam" referred to in the New Testament is a person. Biologos has little to distinguish it from a Muslim or Jewish organization.

Christian doctrine does hinge on our understanding of the creation account. The doctrine of sin, death, salvation, impunity and more are founded in Genesis. Because Biologos rejects the six day creation account, they then reject the inerrancy of scripture...reject doctrine of impunity.... compromise on other doctrines all resulting in a ineffectual gospel. I like how this author explains compromise in Genesis destroys the gospel... Patricia Williams, "Liberal theologians who treat Adam's story as a myth ruin Paul's neat equations. Adam and Eve's mythological disobedience cannot be atoned by Jesus' historical actions, nor can Adam and Eve's mythological sin be responsible for our sinful nature or our death…if Adam and Eve are not historical, the historical Jesus has no work to do under existing atonement theories that treat the atonement as a deed" (Doing without Adam and Eve: Sociobiology and Original Sin)

Examples of how Biologos promotes rejection of Scripture

Biologos claims the Bible is wrong “Most Christians understand that, even though the Bible assumes a certain way of looking at the cosmos, from a scientific point of view the Bible is wrong. And that is perfectly fine "

Biologos claims mans opinions trump God's Word "If our steadily improving scientific understanding can fully explain events, how can we say that God was involved in those events? "

Biologos claims Jesus made mistakes “If Jesus as a finite human being erred from time to time, there is no reason at all to suppose that Moses, Paul, John wrote Scripture without error. Rather, we are wise to assume that the biblical authors expressed themselves as human beings writing from the perspectives of their own finite, broken horizons.”

It is interesting / sad that atheists understand the illogical beliefs of Biologos, yet many Christians are being deceived. An atheist on Jerry Coynes website sums up the illogical stance of Biologos. "Thus BioLogos has no actual principle to stand on when they oppose a literal reading of Genesis but support a literal reading of a story of a virgin birth." Someone else makes the comment "… Do you ever get tired of tying yourself into a pretzel trying to ignore obvious logical implications, and to keep others from noting them?"

Karl Gilberson one of the developers / contributors to Biologos has made statements that should concern Christians... For example in a book he stated “…my belief in God is tinged with doubts and, in my more reflective moments, I sometimes wonder if I am perhaps simply continuing along the trajectory of a childhood faith that should be abandoned. As a purely practical matter, I have compelling reasons to believe in God. My parents are deeply committed Christians and would be devastated, were I to reject my faith. My wife and children believe in God, and we attend church together regularly. Most of my friends are believers. I have a job I love at a Christian college that would be forced to dismiss me if I were to reject the faith that underpins the mission of the college. Abandoning belief in God would be disruptive, sending my life completely off the rails. I can sympathize with Darwin as he struggled against the unwanted challenges to his faith.” (He had a job at a Christian college which he later lost)

Albert Mohler wrote an open letter to Gilberson in which he said “You are straightforward in your celebration of evolution, and you utterly fail to demonstrate how an embrace of evolution can be reconciled with biblical Christianity. Your rejection of an historical Adam and Eve is one precise point at which the Gospel of Christ is undermined, and your proposed ‘new and better way to understand the origins of sin’ is incompatible with the Bible’s clear teaching.”

Another example of how Biologos is heretical...Keep in mind that their motto in part is to get Christians to "see the harmony between science and biblical faith as we present an evolutionary understanding of God’s creation." But they do this by being dogmatic about evolutionism, and compromising on God's Word. They accept articles from non believers such as Michael Ruse, who urges Christians to compromise. Every Christian should be concerned when an organization claiming to be Christian, publishes articles by a wolf in sheeps clothing. Ruse has written things such as..."Even the miracle of the Resurrection can be treated this way. The real miracle was not some reversal of life-death processes, but that, on the third day, the disciples who were downcast and lonely suddenly felt a great lift and that life was meaningful for them..."From his book 'Darwinism and Its Discontents' p.280

Perhaps the heresy and faith destroying belief system of Biologos is best exposed in the words of their frequent contributor Karl Gilberson. He explained how evolution changed him..."It etched holes in those parts of Christianity connected to these stories—the fall, ‘Christ as second Adam’, the origins of sin, and nearly everything else that I counted sacred." From Gilbersons (heretical) book Saving Darwin: How to be a Christian and Believe in Evolution

Gilberson in an article titled "The Modern Creation Story" quotes a verse then corrupts God's Word with his story ...”In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The quarks, with electrical charges of 2/3 and –1/3, combine under the influence of the strong nuclear force, and soon they are all gathered into protons and neutrons, which have electrical charges of 1 and 0....”…..”And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures of every kind: cattle and creeping things and wild animals of the earth of every kind. These complex materials grow ever more varied until one particular arrangement actually starts duplicating itself.”….. Then God said “Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, Andover the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. As complexity increased the need to process more and more information from the external world increased also, and a remarkable central processing unit of enormous power and sophistication emerged. These*brains, as they would one day be called, endowed their possessors with a growing capacity “

Upon reading Biologos articles you find very little science and lots of scientism. You wont find understanding Gods Word is any concern of Biologos other than promoting compromise and heresy. You won't find even one Biologos article that explains the gospel message of Last Adam redeeming us from the curse (death, pain, suffering, thorns) of first Adam? Biologos ‘reinterpretations’ of Scripture look nothing like what Moses, Jesus, and Paul actually said. If a historical Adam doesn’t matter, then the whole doctrine of salvation, as presented by the Apostle Paul, falls to pieces. As our Lord Jesus said...“For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?” (John 5:46–47)

Gary K

Banned
Biologos is an organization that encourages Christians to accept evolutionism. They claim "BioLogos invites the church and the world to see the harmony between science and biblical faith as we present an evolutionary understanding of God’s creation". However... many of their articles and contributors are heretical and encourage Christians to reject the clear teaching of Scripture. Heresy is a subversive modification of doctrine that often leads to unbelief. And so much of what Biologos prints seems to be a deliberate attempt to undermine the gospel. They deny the inerrancy of scripture and put a higher value on mans opinions than Gods Word. They print articles claiming Jesus made mistakes. And, Biologos denies the doctrine of imputation... they deny that "first Adam" referred to in the New Testament is a person. Biologos has little to distinguish it from a Muslim or Jewish organization.

Christian doctrine does hinge on our understanding of the creation account. The doctrine of sin, death, salvation, impunity and more are founded in Genesis. Because Biologos rejects the six day creation account, they then reject the inerrancy of scripture...reject doctrine of impunity.... compromise on other doctrines all resulting in a ineffectual gospel. I like how this author explains compromise in Genesis destroys the gospel... Patricia Williams, "Liberal theologians who treat Adam's story as a myth ruin Paul's neat equations. Adam and Eve's mythological disobedience cannot be atoned by Jesus' historical actions, nor can Adam and Eve's mythological sin be responsible for our sinful nature or our death…if Adam and Eve are not historical, the historical Jesus has no work to do under existing atonement theories that treat the atonement as a deed" (Doing without Adam and Eve: Sociobiology and Original Sin)

Examples of how Biologos promotes rejection of Scripture

Biologos claims the Bible is wrong “Most Christians understand that, even though the Bible assumes a certain way of looking at the cosmos, from a scientific point of view the Bible is wrong. And that is perfectly fine "

Biologos claims mans opinions trump God's Word "If our steadily improving scientific understanding can fully explain events, how can we say that God was involved in those events? "

Biologos claims Jesus made mistakes “If Jesus as a finite human being erred from time to time, there is no reason at all to suppose that Moses, Paul, John wrote Scripture without error. Rather, we are wise to assume that the biblical authors expressed themselves as human beings writing from the perspectives of their own finite, broken horizons.”

It is interesting / sad that atheists understand the illogical beliefs of Biologos, yet many Christians are being deceived. An atheist on Jerry Coynes website sums up the illogical stance of Biologos. "Thus BioLogos has no actual principle to stand on when they oppose a literal reading of Genesis but support a literal reading of a story of a virgin birth." Someone else makes the comment "… Do you ever get tired of tying yourself into a pretzel trying to ignore obvious logical implications, and to keep others from noting them?"

Karl Gilberson one of the developers / contributors to Biologos has made statements that should concern Christians... For example in a book he stated “…my belief in God is tinged with doubts and, in my more reflective moments, I sometimes wonder if I am perhaps simply continuing along the trajectory of a childhood faith that should be abandoned. As a purely practical matter, I have compelling reasons to believe in God. My parents are deeply committed Christians and would be devastated, were I to reject my faith. My wife and children believe in God, and we attend church together regularly. Most of my friends are believers. I have a job I love at a Christian college that would be forced to dismiss me if I were to reject the faith that underpins the mission of the college. Abandoning belief in God would be disruptive, sending my life completely off the rails. I can sympathize with Darwin as he struggled against the unwanted challenges to his faith.” (He had a job at a Christian college which he later lost)

Albert Mohler wrote an open letter to Gilberson in which he said “You are straightforward in your celebration of evolution, and you utterly fail to demonstrate how an embrace of evolution can be reconciled with biblical Christianity. Your rejection of an historical Adam and Eve is one precise point at which the Gospel of Christ is undermined, and your proposed ‘new and better way to understand the origins of sin’ is incompatible with the Bible’s clear teaching.”

Another example of how Biologos is heretical...Keep in mind that their motto in part is to get Christians to "see the harmony between science and biblical faith as we present an evolutionary understanding of God’s creation." But they do this by being dogmatic about evolutionism, and compromising on God's Word. They accept articles from non believers such as Michael Ruse, who urges Christians to compromise. Every Christian should be concerned when an organization claiming to be Christian, publishes articles by a wolf in sheeps clothing. Ruse has written things such as..."Even the miracle of the Resurrection can be treated this way. The real miracle was not some reversal of life-death processes, but that, on the third day, the disciples who were downcast and lonely suddenly felt a great lift and that life was meaningful for them..."From his book 'Darwinism and Its Discontents' p.280

Perhaps the heresy and faith destroying belief system of Biologos is best exposed in the words of their frequent contributor Karl Gilberson. He explained how evolution changed him..."It etched holes in those parts of Christianity connected to these stories—the fall, ‘Christ as second Adam’, the origins of sin, and nearly everything else that I counted sacred." From Gilbersons (heretical) book Saving Darwin: How to be a Christian and Believe in Evolution

Gilberson in an article titled "The Modern Creation Story" quotes a verse then corrupts God's Word with his story ...”In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The quarks, with electrical charges of 2/3 and –1/3, combine under the influence of the strong nuclear force, and soon they are all gathered into protons and neutrons, which have electrical charges of 1 and 0....”…..”And God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures of every kind: cattle and creeping things and wild animals of the earth of every kind. These complex materials grow ever more varied until one particular arrangement actually starts duplicating itself.”….. Then God said “Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, Andover the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth. As complexity increased the need to process more and more information from the external world increased also, and a remarkable central processing unit of enormous power and sophistication emerged. These*brains, as they would one day be called, endowed their possessors with a growing capacity “

Upon reading Biologos articles you find very little science and lots of scientism. You wont find understanding Gods Word is any concern of Biologos other than promoting compromise and heresy. You won't find even one Biologos article that explains the gospel message of Last Adam redeeming us from the curse (death, pain, suffering, thorns) of first Adam? Biologos ‘reinterpretations’ of Scripture look nothing like what Moses, Jesus, and Paul actually said. If a historical Adam doesn’t matter, then the whole doctrine of salvation, as presented by the Apostle Paul, falls to pieces. As our Lord Jesus said...“For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?” (John 5:46–47)

Yeah, from what I read this afternoon they are the second incarnation of the Jesus Seminar.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If only the Darwinists would engage sensibly over the evidence, they would quickly realize how deficient their ideas are. Unfortunately, they can't even stick to a single definition of what they believe, making evolution immune to investigation.

I guess it's like Romans 1 says. :sigh:

Gary K

Banned
If only the Darwinists would engage sensibly over the evidence, they would quickly realize how deficient their ideas are. Unfortunately, they can't even stick to a single definition of what they believe, making evolution immune to investigation.

I guess it's like Romans 1 says. :sigh:

Do you think being given over to a reprobate mind has anything to do with the salvation of a person? I ask because I read your statement to barb about his darwinism not being a salvational issue. I'm not putting you down, just asking for clarification on the issue.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Biologos is an organization that has published articles challenging the Divinity of Christ, and claiming that scripture has errors. ""Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves." Matthew 7:15

You think the Bible has no errors? Wow. What are you going to do when you find some? How will that effect your faith?

6days

You think the Bible has no errors? Wow. What are you going to do when you find some? How will that effect your faith?
Of course God's Word has no errors! We can be confident that our modern bibles are an accurate representation, based on the thousands of ancient manuscripts that exist. Even between all the major modern translations, (top 20 or more) there is no difference between the translations which would make any difference in doctrine.

Guyver... If you look on the internet... Atheist websites contain long list of supposed errors and contradictions in the Bible. If you think there are legitimate errors, why not pick just one item that you feel is the very best example of an error, and try and defend your example.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you think being given over to a reprobate mind has anything to do with the salvation of a person? I ask because I read your statement to barb about his darwinism not being a salvational issue. I'm not putting you down, just asking for clarification on the issue.
Just an analogy. Darwinists aren't excluded from salvation.

The principle applies, though. Those who sell themselves out to an idea or a habit will lose their minds.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Of course God's Word has no errors! We can be confident that our modern bibles are an accurate representation, based on the thousands of ancient manuscripts that exist. Even between all the major modern translations, (top 20 or more) there is no difference between the translations which would make any difference in doctrine.

Guyver... If you look on the internet... Atheist websites contain long list of supposed errors and contradictions in the Bible. If you think there are legitimate errors, why not pick just one item that you feel is the very best example of an error, and try and defend your example.

You said of course Gods Word has no errors just like you said of course God made a perfect genome with no evidence whatsoever. I’m sorry, I respect you but I don’t think you have a clue. Not to be unkind, but what you’re saying in this case is just wrong.

Regarding your request, no thank you.

I don’t wish to debate it....I’ve already studied it out for myself. You believe whatever you want. I know I’m right.

I don’t say that to be prideful or boastful in any way...but when you know the truth you are right.

6days

Guyver said:
You said of course Gods Word has no errors just like you said of course God made a perfect genome with no evidence whatsoever.
Logic, and science involves being willing to follow the evidence no matter where it leads. As I said before "Genetics helps show us the truth of Scripture... A perfectly designed genome that has been subjected to a few thousand years of irreversibly increasing genetic load." Genetics provides EVIDENCE that the Biblical creation model is correct.

Genetic load is NOT consistent with the common ancestry belief system, secular geneticists call it a "paradox". Are you willing to follow evidence that leads to the Creator God of Scripture.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Logic, and science involves being willing to follow the evidence no matter where it leads. As I said before "Genetics helps show us the truth of Scripture... A perfectly designed genome that has been subjected to a few thousand years of irreversibly increasing genetic load." Genetics provides EVIDENCE that the Biblical creation model is correct.

Genetic load is NOT consistent with the common ancestry belief system, secular geneticists call it a "paradox". Are you willing to follow evidence that leads to the Creator God of Scripture.

Great, now all you have to do is find a perfect genome, or make one....then run it through the scientific process to determine if your thoughts are right....or if you have been mistaken in this narrow sliver of the entire picture that your mind is latched on to.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I don’t wish to debate it....

This IS you (in your absolute best form, I would add) debating it:

I know I’m right.

And, your saying that (and, in so saying, contradicting the truth) is, indeed, the absolute best of your capacity for debate, here. You've not transcended it, nor shall you.

I know I’m right.

You can only say that because you are deluded. Of course you're not right. Of course you're wrong. Of course you don't know you're right. Of course you can't know you're right. Of course we know you're wrong. Of course we know we're right.

I don’t say that to be prideful or boastful in any way...

You can only say that because you are deluded. Of course you're speaking pridefully. Of course you're speaking boastfully.

when you know the truth you are right.

You can only say that because you are Sherlock Holmes. Thanks for the insightful tip, man!

Indeed, we know the truth, and that makes us right, and your denial of that same truth makes you wrong.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great, now all you have to do is find a perfect genome, or make one....then run it through the scientific process to determine if your thoughts are right....or if you have been mistaken in this narrow sliver of the entire picture that your mind is latched on to.
You angling for the title of dumbest TOLer?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Don’t even pretend to come up in here talking about science if you don’t even know the periodic table. Get real. This place can’t be that hillbilly can it? Maybe it is. IDK