Catholics: Muslims are your brothers and sisters

musterion

“I would like to express two sentiments for my Muslim brothers and sisters,” he began. “First, I send my greetings as they celebrate the Feast of Sacrifice [Eid al-Adha]. I would have my greeting to have been warmer. My sentiments are closeness.”

“I am close to them in the face of tragedy, the tragedy they suffered in Mecca,” Francis continued. “In this moment, I give assurances in their prayers. I unite myself with you all in prayer to Almighty God, all merciful.”

Welcome to your new, bigger, happier family under one false god.

bybee

Who knows? perhaps his words of conciliation will touch some Muslim Hearts for the good? Our hearts need to be reminded that God is Love.
Personally, I cannot subscribe to the idea the "Muslims" are my brothers and sisters, but, I do subscribe to the idea that all persons are my brothers and sisters. I am especially saddened by the women and children who have become refugees from war crazed countries. And I do/will contribute to help them.

musterion

Who knows? perhaps his words of conciliation will touch some Muslim Hearts for the good? Our hearts need to be reminded that God is Love.

God is love, but that love won't save anyone who doesn't believe the Gospel of the grace of God, which Rome denies as false. Muslims do not even believe Christ was crucified.

Personally, I cannot subscribe to the idea the "Muslims" are my brothers and sisters, but, I do subscribe to the idea that all persons are my brothers and sisters.
In what sense are all people brothers and sisters? The only possible answer I can think of is in Adam, but that is no longer reckoned for a member of Christ. Under grace, God counts all humanity as either safe in His Son or under pending condemnation outside of Him. There's no third option, no middle ground, it's one or the other. That is why I personally do not subscribe to any "brotherhood of man" ideas where the believer is concerned, but I'm happy to hear your take on it.

Reactions: Lon

bybee

God is love, but that love won't save anyone who doesn't believe the Gospel of the grace of God, which Rome denies as false. Muslims do not even believe Christ was crucified.

In what sense are all people brothers and sisters? The only possible answer I can think of is in Adam, but that is no longer reckoned for a member of Christ. Under grace, God counts all humanity as either safe in His Son or under pending condemnation outside of Him. There's no third option, no middle ground, it's one or the other. That is why I personally do not subscribe to any "brotherhood of man" ideas where the believer is concerned, but I'm happy to hear your take on it.

I am grateful to let God be the Judge! In the meantime I do subscribe to the Two Great Commandments "Love God and love my Neighbor". If I am loving (and this is not always easy) then I am portraying the God I love in a way that may appeal to others.
Life is lived in the middle ground. We reach out from the middle.

bybee

Musty would much rather here, "kill em all. We love Jesus!"

As a wise person once said "There shall be some very surprised people at St. Peter's gate! Both for those that are admitted and those who are not!".
God knows the heart and I believe that is what counts!

musterion

I am grateful to let God be the Judge!

But those who have rejected the grace of the all-crucifying Cross in favor of a religion of good works are already judged and condemned, lest they repent.

We can love on people all day long, but if we do not share with them the Gospel of the grace of God, our love is actually the worst form of hatred - indifference - and our love is really only about making ourselves feel self-satisfied and may itself be a subtle form of works righteousness. Fair enough?

musterion

Agreed. It cannot be other.

Chrysostom is wrong.

John 1:12

Romans 8:14, 16, 19

Galatians 3:26

If someone becomes a child of God only through faith in Christ, then those who have no faith in Christ cannot be God's children. The two groups cannot be siblings. They are now not only in two different families; they are now entirely different orders of creation: one still in the dead flesh of Adam, the other indwelt by the life of Christ and sealed by His Spirit.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Chrysostom is wrong.

If someone becomes a child of God only through faith in Christ, then those who have no faith in Christ cannot be God's children. The two groups cannot be siblings. They are now not only in two different families; they are now entirely different orders of creation: one still in the dead flesh of Adam, the other indwelt by the life of Christ and sealed by His Spirit.

And you get to judge, how special is that!

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Chrysostom is wrong.

this is just another example of how so called christians use the bible to disprove something that is obviously true

bybee

Chrysostom is wrong.

I disagree with your judgments.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am grateful to let God be the Judge! In the meantime I do subscribe to the Two Great Commandments "Love God and love my Neighbor". If I am loving (and this is not always easy) then I am portraying the God I love in a way that may appeal to others.

good for you:)

whitestone