ECT Can you be a Christian and not go to church?

Right Divider

Body part
Because Paul. He said 'the' Church. As if his reader would unequivocally know which 'Church' he was talking about.
"the" is not the fancy word that you're making it out to be. The church which is His body started with Paul.

Dispensational male cattle feces.
So says the know-nothing Idolater.

Most members of the church in Jerusalem were descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, sure.
No, they were all descendants of Jacob (i.e., Israel).

Christ was NOT going to give a gentile rule over the tribes of Israel. See Matt 15:26 and Mark 7:27

But you're trying to make the church in Jerusalem as not a part of 'the' Church Paul talks about, and that's where you're wrong. Dispensationally wrong.

There's only one 'My Church.' Mt16:18KJV It's the Church Paul wrote about. Why would Paul confuse us? He wouldn't. Why do dispensationalists? Who knows. :juggle:
THAT church is believing Israel. Christ, during His earthly ministry to ISRAEL, was called a minister of the circumcision by Paul. It's so simple that even a small child can understand it, but not someone who prefers fairy tales.

The Church never believed what dispensationalists claim is the truth. Never.

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
False accusation to DISTRACT from the TRUTH of what I said.... Peter DISAPPEARED from the book of Acts about HALF WAY THROUGH.... why?
idk, dispensationalist. Why don't you tell me, dispensationalist, what on God's green earth Paul was doing 'preaching the kingdom of God' in Rome, of all places, to 'all that came in unto him?' Acts 28:30-31 KJV 'Seems Paul didn't get the dispensationalist memo.... :rolleyes:

Jerry Shugart

They were in Christ in regards to their faith in Him and in believing what He told them.

Please be specific. What do the words "in Christ" mean as they are used here:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17).​

The words "a new creation" are referring the the New Man, which is the Body of Christ. There is even more evidence that the phrases "in Christ" and "in Christ Jesus" are referring to being in the Body of Christ. Here we read that Christians are "sanctified in Christ Jesus":

"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

We also read that believers are "sanctified by the Holy Spirit:

"that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit" (Ro.15:16).

In this instance the Greek word translated "sanctification" means "consecrated, or set apart as holy to God in (by union with) Christ Jesus" (A. R. Faussett).

This is how the Holy Spirit sets apart those He sanctifies:

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​

MennoSota

No I haven't. And if I have, it's voluntarily.
I did. It passed. And it is the only one too.
I have found that the Catholic Church is the most faithful ecclesial community/tradition to the Bible on the earth, and that every other ecclesial community/tradition has diverged in some way.
The Church is the Body of Christ Jesus, and that, through marriage. We are His Bride; that is how we are His Body.
Tautologous.
No argument.
The Catholic Church is the Church. All those in communion with her, whether full communion, or imperfect communion, are the one Church, and membership in the Church is determined by one thing---faith in the Gospel.
You've described Protestant ecclesial communities/traditions. The Catholic Church admits that the Apostles taught more than what is preserved for us in writing in the New Testament, which is a trivial thing to admit imo, and bases her teachings on the whole of divine revelation, which includes along with the scriptures, those things the Apostles taught by word-of-mouth, to the bishops whom they created through the imposition of their own hands. Some of these bishops are mentioned by name in the Bible, fwiw.
The Catholic Church is the one ecclesial community/tradition that Jesus Christ Himself built, and that the Apostles themselves developed, nurtured, cultivated, administrated, and presided over. This is true of none of these other ecclesial communities/traditions that you mention.
Not unfounded, at all. Either the Church spoken of in the Bible still exists today, or it does not. If it does still exist, then it is the Catholic Church.
I don't believe I've once mentioned how I feel about this. We're talking about facts of history, and authentic expression of the Christian faith, not 'feelings.'
With good reason.
The Bible does support that the Catholic Church is the Church. Bishops. First created by the Apostles, through the imposition of their own hands, and then, documented in the New Testament, instructed to continue this sacrament, of Holy Orders. The college of bishops remains with us to this day.
Let's be honest...Baptists are the Church, not Rome. Afterall Baptism was at Pentacost while Rome didn't exist. The Church must therefore be the Baptist church. Rome is a latecomer to the game.
Idolater, I say this because your claims are so very foolish.

Right Divider

Body part
idk, dispensationalist. Why don't you tell me, dispensationalist, what on God's green earth Paul was doing 'preaching the kingdom of God' in Rome, of all places, to 'all that came in unto him?' Acts 28:30-31 KJV 'Seems Paul didn't get the dispensationalist memo.... :rolleyes:
Oh golly, ANOTHER attempted DISTRACTION so that you don't need to even ATTEMPT an answer to this important question about your alleged "Pope".

Right Divider

Body part
Please be specific. What do the words "in Christ" mean as they are used here:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17).​

The words "a new creation" are referring the the New Man, which is the Body of Christ. There is even more evidence that the phrases "in Christ" and "in Christ Jesus" are referring to being in the Body of Christ. Here we read that Christians are "sanctified in Christ Jesus":
"Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's" (1 Cor.1:2).​

We also read that believers are "sanctified by the Holy Spirit:

"that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit" (Ro.15:16).

In this instance the Greek word translated "sanctification" means "consecrated, or set apart as holy to God in (by union with) Christ Jesus" (A. R. Faussett).

This is how the Holy Spirit sets apart those He sanctifies:
"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit" (1 Cor.12:13).​
I know this is completely beyond your comprehension, but the twelve and the one had different ministries. Both groups were in Christ.

They even agreed to separate their ministries in Acts 15.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Let's be honest...Baptists are the Church, not Rome. Afterall Baptism was at Pentacost while Rome didn't exist. The Church must therefore be the Baptist church. Rome is a latecomer to the game.

Why the 'Baptist Church?' Any church that preaches 'The Gospel of the Grace of God' can be a Bible-believing. Christ-centered church. Besides, if your 'Baptist church' is preaching 'water baptism' as a way to inherit eternal life, they're way off base.

Idolater

Let's be honest...Baptists are the Church, not Rome.
Baptists were invented in the 1500s.
Afterall Baptism was at Pentacost while Rome didn't exist.
Versus Acts 2:10 KJV 'strangers of Rome' being present at Pentecost.
The Church must therefore be the Baptist church. Rome is a latecomer to the game.
Acts 2:10 KJV 'strangers of Rome'
'Doesn't seem so. :idunno:

Idolater

Oh golly, ANOTHER attempted DISTRACTION so that you don't need to even ATTEMPT an answer to this important question about your alleged "Pope".
You must have missed that Peter unilaterally pronounced Paul's epistles 'scriptures.' 2Pt3:16KJV

How could he've done that?

'Must have been the first pope, is how. Supreme pastor of the whole/'catholic' Church.

Jerry Shugart

I know this is completely beyond your comprehension, but the twelve and the one had different ministries. Both groups were in Christ.

They even agreed to separate their ministries in Acts 15.

I am aware of that but why don't you tell me what the words "in Christ" mean in the following verse:

MennoSota

Baptists were invented in the 1500s.
Versus Acts 2:10 KJV 'strangers of Rome' being present at Pentecost.
Acts 2:10 KJV 'strangers of Rome'
'Doesn't seem so. :idunno:
Baptists did the first baptisms at Pentacost. You don't imagine they were Roman church members, do you?
Idol, I know you have drank the Kool-aid. You presently support a church that has hidden pedophiles for centuries. Do you really think that pedophilia is a part of the body of Christ? Yet, your church covered it up for centuries.
It would be better if you were repentant and embarrassed rather than make a prideful, unsupported, assertion about the extremely flawed church at Rome.

Right Divider

Body part
You must have missed that Peter unilaterally pronounced Paul's epistles 'scriptures.' 2Pt3:16KJV

How could he've done that?

'Must have been the first pope, is how. Supreme pastor of the whole/'catholic' Church.
FOURTH time... no answer to the SIMPLE question: Why did Peter DISAPPEAR HALFWAY through the book of the Acts of the APOSTLES?

P.S. Peter did NOT 'unilaterally pronounce Paul's epistles 'scriptures.'... He RECOGNIZED that they WERE scripture.