Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

Right Divider

Body part
Then sanctifying grace cannot be lost?
The Bible NEVER separates sin into two categories. That is nonsense RCC doctrine.

Even the term "sanctifying grace" is an invention not found in scripture.

Eph 1:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

This is what the Bible says. Believe it.

glassjester

The Bible NEVER separates sin into two categories. That is nonsense RCC doctrine.

Even the term "sanctifying grace" is an invention not found in scripture.

Eph 1:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

This is what the Bible says. Believe it.

Scripture also says that salvation is a process, and is not assured.

1 Corinthians 1: 18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Romans 11:22 - Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Philippians 2:12 - Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

OSAS is not Biblical.

Right Divider

Body part

1 Corinthians 1: 18 - For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Romans 11:22 - Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Philippians 2:12 - Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

OSAS is not Biblical.
Classic scripture twisting (lying).

Right Divider

Body part

1Cor 1:18 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:18) For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Cut off FROM WHAT?

That verse is NOT talking about eternal life.

That verse is NOT talking about getting or keeping eternal life, it is about behavior and service.

Phil 2:12-18 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:12) Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (2:13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure. (2:14) Do all things without murmurings and disputings: (2:15) That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world; (2:16) Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain. (2:17) Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all. (2:18) For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me.

Which "crooked and perverse nation" do you think that Paul is talking about?

OSAS is not Biblical.
John told his followers that they can KNOW that they have eternal life and YET you say that nobody can know that. I'll stick with scripture.

1John 5:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:13) These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
OSAS simply doesn't work without willfully ignoring certain verses. What does that say about it?
The Catechism teaches that in order for the guilt of a grave moral offense to impute to the trespasser, the trespasser must have "full knowledge and deliberate consent."

glassjester

The Catechism teaches that in order for the guilt of a grave moral offense to impute to the trespasser, the trespasser must have "full knowledge and deliberate consent."

Yes.

Which works with 1 John 5:13 - you may know that you're saved. You may also know when you've lost sanctifying grace through mortal sin.

glassjester

grace cannot be lost, or it isnt grace.

Grace - unmerited favor.

Yes, it is offered freely. But God does not force us to accept it. It can be rejected.

The loss of sanctifying grace is not a matter of God recanting His offer, but of man rejecting it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, it is offered freely. But God does not force us to accept it. It can be rejected.

The loss of sanctifying grace is not a matter of God recanting His offer, but of man rejecting it.

But it cannot be received then lost. You cannot lose what you never earned to begin with. He is the granter and keeper. No one is more powerful than God that they can break the seal of His Spirit.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

Which works with 1 John 5:13 - you may know that you're saved. You may also know when you've lost sanctifying grace through mortal sin.
Without full knowledge, and/or without deliberate consent, there is no moral sin though. No matter how gravely immoral the trespass. Killing is gravely immoral, but it requires full knowledge and deliberate consent to be murder, a mortal sin.

glassjester

But it cannot be received then lost. You cannot lose what you never earned to begin with. He is the granter and keeper. No one is more powerful than God that they can break the seal of His Spirit.

Of course you can lose what you never earned. The prodigal son blew his inheritance, didn't he?

glassjester

Without full knowledge, and/or without deliberate consent, there is no moral sin though. No matter how gravely immoral the trespass. Killing is gravely immoral, but it requires full knowledge and deliberate consent to be murder, a mortal sin.

Yep. And?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Of course you can lose what you never earned. The prodigal son blew his inheritance, didn't he?

yes - and then came to the Father, can you show where he was received then later lost again?

Why would angels rejoice at a saved who could once again become lost, and if merit had anything to do with the cross, Christ died in vain, no?

We could have just followed the law instead and then sacrificed another animal for sin, no?