Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

MrDante

No - it also excludes pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, masturbation, contraception...

None of these involve marriage and none constitute a couple and none are part of the OP.

The opinion that sexual activity should take place only within marriage,

I have explained this numerous times. An infertile, heterosexual couple is not engaging in an inherently contraceptive act. A homosexual couple is.

the marital act is not, in and of itself, against conception

Homosexual marriage. The whole topic of this very thread, remember?

Again, the marital act itself, is not contraceptive. A gay "marital" act is

MrDante

I don't hate homosexuals.

You are here justifying prejudice and discrimination against homosexuals.
You compare and associate homosexuals with people who harm children, abuse animals and violate the bodies of the dead.
That is hate no matter how you twist it around.

quip

BANNED
Banned
No - it also excludes pedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, masturbation, contraception...

How about including jay-walking.

After all, a homosexual may illegally cross the street to catch up to their partner. (Other than that I can't find any correlation between the two...maybe be you can get creative here for me.)

glassjester

How about including jay-walking.

After all, a homosexual may illegally cross the street to catch up to their partner. (Other than that I can't find any correlation between the two...maybe be you can get creative here for me.)

I was listing sexual acts that are contraceptive (anti-conception), and therefore immoral.

glassjester

You are here justifying prejudice and discrimination against homosexuals.
You compare and associate homosexuals with people who harm children, abuse animals and violate the bodies of the dead.
That is hate no matter how you twist it around.

I am certainly wondering how you define hate.

The only similarity I pointed out between each of those acts and homosexuality is that they are all contraceptive by their very nature. Is this not simply a statement of fact?

kiwimacahau

The sexual act within a same-sex marriage is no more inherently opposed to contraception than the same act done by infertile heterosexual couples. I thought we had got beyond this, frankly stupid, mind-set.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The only similarity I pointed out between each of those acts and homosexuality is that they are all contraceptive by their very nature. Is this not simply a statement of fact?

You expect us to believe that load of horse pucky?!

glassjester

The sexual act within a same-sex marriage is no more inherently opposed to contraception than the same act done by infertile heterosexual couples. I thought we had got beyond this, frankly stupid, mind-set.

The marital act is not, by its very nature, contraceptive. Quite the opposite. A heterosexual couple is engaging in a sexual act that, in and of itself, is open to life. An infertile couple engaging in the marital act has simply failed to conceive. No different than a "fertile" couple that simply fails to conceive. Their actions, in and of themselves, have not caused that failure. Nor have their actions, in and of themselves, precluded the very possibility of conception.

Last edited:

Lon

Said by a nonreligious secular humanist who has NO CLUE what typology and intent is :dizzy:

Until you become a New Creation, your opinion on TOL or anywhere else, is worthless advice from just another guy that has no idea who Jesus Christ is. Genesis 2:23,24 :think:

kiwimacahau

Really? It's all the same? Any ol' orifice will do?

Get real.

You beat me to it.
If we allow infertile couples and those past the age of child-bearing to marry then we have no grounds to deny marriage to gays UNLESS your problem is HOW they have sex which it would seem it is.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk

kiwimacahau

:dizzy: That is like saying inhaling dope is just like inhaling pure mountain air :dizzy:

Let me guess, small church? 20 people just like you?
Lon, I have you on ignore. I can only see that you've replied not what you've said.

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Tapatalk