Can a Christian lose their salvation

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
So, according to you, a self-righteous, Christ-hating liar, you are not in Him. But you've already also told us as much by telling us that you have never been saved.
You must have me mixed up with another poster.
If I do, it is nevertheless someone who is posting on TOL as @Hoping that I have in mind--someone who tells us he/she has never been saved, by telling us that
salvation won't happen until the day of judgement
If salvation won't happen until the day of judgement, then you've never been saved. By saying that it won't, you are saying that you've never been saved. By saying that you've never been saved, you are saying that you are not in Christ.

7djengo7

Can't you tell if a man is a Christian, or not, by what he does, says, or wears?
Your own answer to your own question is negative: one can't tell.
Fact is, those who say they are Christians, "put their trust in God", but then turn away...were never Christians to begin with.
But according to you, at no time before judgement day, concerning people who were never Christians, could you ever have told if they were Christians or not, right? Because, according to you, you can't know until you have found out which names are in the book of life and which aren't.

According to your heretical stupidity, you can't even tell whether or not you, yourself, are a Christian, since according to your stupidity you won't be able to know until judgement day whether or not you are.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Tambora Since all that you seem to want to do is insult me and not to actually discuss the Bible and its doctrines. You're back on my ignore list.
YAY!
I won't have to deal anymore with your ineptness in scripture comprehension.
And I'm sure you will continue to insult others here on a regular basis.
Dish it out but can't take it when it's thrown back at ya.

Hoping

Banned
If I do, it is nevertheless someone who is posting on TOL as @Hoping that I have in mind--someone who tells us he/she has never been saved, by telling us that

If salvation won't happen until the day of judgement, then you've never been saved. By saying that it won't, you are saying that you've never been saved. By saying that you've never been saved, you are saying that you are not in Christ.
Nobody will be saved until the Lord judges them "saved".
It is written..."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matt 7:21-23)
My final judgement will determine if I am "in Christ".

Thankfully, I get the chance nearly every single day to illustrate whom I serve.

Hoping

Banned
Your own answer to your own question is negative: one can't tell.
I agree, in 99% of the cases.
I have seen really evil men dressed very well.
And I have seen very righteous men dressed shabbily.
But I have never seen a righteous woman dressed like a whore.
But according to you, at no time before judgement day, concerning people who were never Christians, could you ever have told if they were Christians or not, right?
We can't really tell anything about anyone.
We can, however, make educated judgements.
Because, according to you, you can't know until you have found out which names are in the book of life and which aren't.
I'll leave the final judging to the Lord.
According to your heretical stupidity, you can't even tell whether or not you, yourself, are a Christian, since according to your stupidity you won't be able to know until judgement day whether or not you are.
Like Paul said..."But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self." (1 Cor 4:3)
Paul follows that up with..."Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." (1 Cor 4:5)

7djengo7

Nobody will be saved until the Lord judges them "saved".
There, once again, you show yourself to be the Christ-hating loon you are. People are saved when the LORD saves them, and according to you, the LORD has never saved you.
It is written..."Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." (Matt 7:21-23)
And?

Once again you're just mindlessly, meaninglessly copy-pasting Bible passages into your posts, and making no argument whatsoever.
My final judgement will determine if I am "in Christ".
According to you, you are not now saved, and never have been saved. According to you, you are not now a Christian, and never have been a Christian. According to you, you are not now in Christ, and never have been in Christ.
Thankfully, I get the chance nearly every single day to illustrate whom I serve.
By your posts on TOL, you always illustrate that you are a servant of Satan.

Hoping

Banned
There, once again, you show yourself to be the Christ-hating loon you are. People are saved when the LORD saves them, and according to you, the LORD has never saved you.
Show someone being granted eternal life while still alive.
And...until we face judgement, salvation is undetermined.
Don't you think those people from Matt 7 thought they were saved ?
According to you, you are not now saved, and never have been saved.
Correct.
I have, however, been converted and regenerated-reborn of Gods seed.
According to you, you are not now a Christian, and never have been a Christian. According to you, you are not now in Christ, and never have been in Christ.
Wrong, on both counts.
I have not written either of the things you cite.
Being a Christian is the prelude to salvation.
By your posts on TOL, you always illustrate that you are a servant of Satan.
Servants of satan/sin still commit sin.
My rebirth from God's seed produced a man who cannot bring forth the devil's fruit. (1 John 3:9-10)

7djengo7

I agree, in 99% of the cases.
You agree with what?
In 99% of the cases of what?
And please show your math, how you decided to say "99%" rather than, say, "73.2%" or "12%".
We can't really tell anything about anyone.
Sure I can. For example, I can tell that you're a lying, hypocritical, self-righteous, Christ-hating, heretical loon.
We can, however, make educated judgements.
What's the difference between telling things about someone and making educated judgements about them?
I'll leave the final judging to the Lord.
So, even though you just got done saying you can make educated judgements, you nevertheless now say you don't make them. Or, what's the dif between final judging and making educated judgements?
Like Paul said..."But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self." (1 Cor 4:3)
What Paul said is not like what you say. Paul was/is a Christian, whereas you are not a Christian.
Paul follows that up with..."Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God." (1 Cor 4:5)
So, if not judging, then what exactly are you doing when you say things like this, you hypocrite:
I have seen really evil men dressed very well.
And I have seen very righteous men dressed shabbily.
LOL
But I have never seen a righteous woman dressed like a whore.
Then stop dressing like a whore, and perhaps you'll see a righteous woman.🤷‍♂️

7djengo7

According to you, you are not now saved, and never have been saved. According to you, you are not now a Christian, and never have been a Christian. According to you, you are not now in Christ, and never have been in Christ.
Correct.
I have, however, been converted and regenerated-reborn of Gods seed.
Insofar as you've never been saved, you've never been regenerated by God.
Wrong, on both counts.
"Both counts"? I mentioned only a single count, wording it in three different ways. To be a Christian is to be in Christ is to be saved. If you are not saved, you are not a Christian/you are not in Christ.
I have not written either of the things you cite.
False. By writing that you have never been saved you are writing that you are not a Christian/that you are not in Christ.
Being a Christian is the prelude to salvation.
Whoever has never been saved is not a Christian. No one has ever been a Christian without having been saved. So, by telling us you have never been saved, you are telling us you have never been a Christian.

7djengo7

Show someone being granted eternal life while still alive.
1 John 5:11: "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son."

Here, John clearly says he had already been, by God, given eternal life. You think John wrote this after he died?

Notice what he did not write: "And this is the record, that God [will not give] to us eternal life [until judgement day]..."

By telling us that you have never been granted eternal life, you are telling us that you are not in His Son.